Unskippable: X-Men: Destiny

Pages 1 2 NEXT

X-Men: Destiny

Warning: Playable characters do not contain actual X-Men™

Watch Video

Good episode. But Graham, for the record: The protagonist's name in "Soul Reaver" is Raziel--the "R" is not silent. :P

Your character options:

-Tiny Japanese girl
-Douche
-Super Douche

Why do they even have character selection at all?

What's the goth chick from the runaways doing in an X-Men game?

Actually Magneto and Xavier weren't defeated by Bastion. They just locked themselves inside Cerebro so they could keep playing it without the others bother them.

Also the girl's ship was named Timely March. Subtle

Why is Kickass in this?

Graham_LRR:
Warning: Playable characters do not contain actual X-Men™

They don't? Awww, what a rip. How do they get away with calling this an X-Men game when you don't get to play as any actual X-Men?

Voltano:
Good episode. But Graham, for the record: The protagonist's name in "Soul Reaver" is Raziel--the "R" is not silent. :P

I was just about to say the same thing. Other than that, good episode.

Wait, why he start to burn? I get that that's his thing, but it seemed really unnecessary at the time.
Loved your reasoning for character choice, I would have probably thought the same thing.

[nerdrage] It's Raziel, not Azriel! [/nerdrage]

Chad Backpack is now my new favourite thing. He gets my vote every time.

MatParker116:
What's the goth chick from the runaways doing in an X-Men game?

What can I say to that, other than the obvious?

When blood is shed, let the Staff of One come forth.

because of this game Silcon knights will never get a chance for Too Human 2 because this game did so poorly in sales.

That was a horrible pun by Paul at the end. Horrible in a way where it was so bad it was good.

DVS BSTrD:
Actually Magneto and Xavier weren't defeated by Bastion. They just locked themselves inside Cerebro so they could keep playing it without the others bother them.

...That made me chuckle a bit. Mainly because I'm playing through Bastion right now.

That cutscene was thoroughly mediocre. Not, good, not bad, not so bad it's good, just underwhelming.

I actually love the idea behind X-Men Destiny. A Bio-ware inspired RPG where you get to create the newest member of the X-Men from scratch! That sounds awsome!!! Its just too bad they forgot to make the game any good.

Despite it being terrible I don't think you should bash the game because it doesn't let you play an established X-Men character. That was their one good idea. Bash the game for being utter shit.

I've played X-Men games that let you use the established X-Men, some of them were good. Many of them were shit. Now i want to make and play my own X-Men.

Mabey someday a better company will come back to this idea. Like Obsidian, or even Bio-ware themselves.

ForgottenPr0digy:
because of this game Silcon knights will never get a chance for Too Human 2 because this game did so poorly in sales.

Well thats a small mercy i suppose.

sketch_zeppelin:

ForgottenPr0digy:

well I actually like Too Human you can call it a "guilty pleasure"

Hey!! Why did Paul get away with an "on fire" pun? He usually stops Graham from using puns. He even stopped Graham from using the "on fire" pun twice in the FarCry 2 episode

ForgottenPr0digy:

Umm I think Too Human 1 is the reason for no Too Human 2 because it did so poorly in sales. When it's the worst game Yahtzee has reviewed, sequels aren't likely. From what I have seen recently, I get the impression Silicon Knights are overrated.

Kapol:
That was a horrible pun by Paul at the end. Horrible in a way where it was so bad it was good.

Agreed, it came out of nowhere, was completely inappropriate and absolutely hilarious.

I think every high school has at least one Chad and one Super-Chad.

Is it bad that I genuinely laughed out loud at the "on fire" thing?

Also, Graham has a point. Surely the mutants could've dressed in more formal attire for such a huge gathering, and maybe be asked to be called by their actual names (or maybe not; that might be an identity thing). It's like they want to be seen as different or something.

Rangerboy87:
Hey!! Why did Paul get away with an "on fire" pun? He usually stops Graham from using puns. He even stopped Graham from using the "on fire" pun twice in the FarCry 2 episode.

Oh yeeaahh...
*shakes fist*
Saundersssss!!!

To everyone else, I am so sorry for the Azreal/Raziel screwup. We're actually big fans of those games, and somehow completely dropped that ball. Haven't played them in years, you see.

So... it's an X-Men game where you don't play an X-Man... that's lame...

Favorite jokes: Phoenix is dead (again), "You didn't say flame on... it doesn't count if you don't say it", and the Ricardo Montalban references.

ForgottenPr0digy:

sketch_zeppelin:

ForgottenPr0digy:

well I actually like Too Human you can call it a "guilty pleasure"

Heh sorry couldn't help myself. But yeah i've got my own "guilty pleasures" too. Tenchu Z comes to mind.

This isn't an X-Men game, it's a game that just happens to have the X-Men in it.

Also, everyone knows that people in the Marvel Universe never stay dead... ever.

Machete? BAH! The hammer was my melee weapon of choice in Bastion! Focus Attack, baby! One-shots almost anything. Helps that you charge it by guarding, so you can wait for an opening and then go in for the smash.

That was not a football

Funny that you mention "Azreal" from Soul Reaver in an unskippable episode of Silicon Knights game.

Seriously, why are they making games like X-men Destiny when they could be making a new Legacy of Kain!

I would also choose the girl, because honestly, who wants to be a Chad?

Voltano:

Well, he said Azrael, so the R wasn't silent. Obviously, he's dyslexic.

Well they were right that the Asian girl is the strongest.

sg100:
Why is Kickass in this?

Yeh when I played it, I thought WTF Why is Scott wearing Kick Ass's costume then I found out that was his original costume and Kick Ass copied him.

Wow, that 2D animation at the beginning was terrible! Also, when the ship is departing, why doesn't she just jump off the ship and swim the short distance back to the dock?

The Gentleman:
Your character options:

-Tiny Japanese girl
-Douche
-Super Douche

Why do they even have character selection at all?

super douche has the spirit of the drunk frat boy running in his veins!

why was Harley Quin in this game?

So Graham, I gotta ask, since you were wondering once before...
[ENN REFERENCE]
Can you kill Cyclops? Can you or can you not kill Cyclops? Or at least create a situation where Cyclops dies?
[/ENN REFERENCE]

By the way, when we heard Cyclops talking, we were hearing Nolan North yet again. Yahtzee will not be happy.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here