Trailers: Aliens: Colonial Marines - Contact Trailer

wait .. did I just have to punch in my birthday for THAT?
what a sucky trailer

Huh, I thought that was done rather well, don't see why I have to put in my birthday for it though.

At least it's not an avp game, and after that last really good aliens game on the ds, I have some hope for this one.

It's a good trailer but it could have had a little better pacing. The two notes, you know the one if you've seen Moon, are creepy as hell.

Decent trailer, but not one violent enough to be worthy of age restrictions. I probably would have done it differently, but I mildly enjoyed it.

Nouw:
It's a good trailer but it could have had a little better pacing. The two notes, you know the one if you've seen Moon, are creepy as hell.

Agreed on the pacing but other all a rather nice trailer.
I'm curious about the 'two notes' comment. Would you mind explaining? PM is fine.

Blunderboy:

Nouw:

I'm curious about the 'two notes' comment. Would you mind explaining? PM is fine.

Do you have a keyboard or piano at your house? If you do, go on it and from middle C play the B, before middle C, and the B up an octave. Play them thirteen times then the high A sharp twice. Creepy isn't it? They could have used this so well but instead simplified it.

If you don't, doesn't matter. Listen carefully to the song again and you'll notice two notes which help set the atmosphere. Then it suddenly changes to a sinister note then back to its usual pattern.

Nouw:

Blunderboy:

Nouw:

Do you have a keyboard or piano at your house? If you do, go on it and from middle C play the B, before middle C, and the B up an octave. Play them thirteen times then the high A sharp twice. Creepy isn't it? They could have used this so well but instead simplified it.

If you don't, doesn't matter. Listen carefully to the song again and you'll notice two notes which help set the atmosphere. Then it suddenly changes to a sinister note then back to its usual pattern.

I see now. :)
Thanks, that trick works really well, Especially with the sounds of the motion trackers kicking in.

Blunderboy:
I see now. :)
Thanks, that trick works really well, Especially with the sounds of the motion trackers kicking in.

No problem. Now that I think of it, I may listen to some Moon while playing it :P.

I should really stop watching Aliens based videos.
Every time the motion tracker comes on my nerves start to shred... plus the Queen... nightmares incarnate.

haha yah thats what i think of when i think of an Aliens game, to play as the squishy space marine XD

On the other hand if they play this up as an action horror game it would be great. Cause who doesn't get the chills from listening to that radar beep get faster and faster and you have no idea if its above, below or directly in front of you heh

gameplay!
I demand gameplay!

the trailer looks fine, though I really hope they work out the tense atmosphere well, it's basicly that what makes playing as a marine tense and exciting.
not knowing where your enemy comes from but GODDAMN you know it's there!

Decent enough trailer, although you might as well pinch some footage from the movies because this is in no way represents the game, apart from the name.

After that last game I wonder how bad it will be, could they possibly make it worse.

looked alright. i might keep an eye on it to see how it turns out in the end. the last AvsP was not really great but just an ok game.
the MOON soundtrack was nice though.

I like the (sort of) callback to the acid-dripping-through-the-floor scene from Alien.

Metalrocks:
looked alright. i might keep an eye on it to see how it turns out in the end. the last AvsP was not really great but just an ok game.
the MOON soundtrack was nice though.

It's use here isn't going to replace the image of Sam Rockwell anytime I hear it. :P

Hell, because of this trailer I wonder how much GRETTY would deal with things. :P

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here