Trailers: SSX - Kaori Trailer

SSX - Kaori Trailer

Mid-air ballet is all the rage.

Watch Video

... and now I know I can buy this game - I always use Kaori. To paraphrase LRR:
'Small Asian girl, must be the best'

Though on second glance I must say, she's looking... very different.

TheBobmus:
Though on second glance I must say, she's looking... very different.

Yeah, they definitely changed her looks a bit. At least they did in the trailer anyways. Still excited for SSX though, Kaori and Moby were always my favorites :D

WHAT HAPPENED?

She used to be so sweet...

I guess we all grew up.

All of the characters released underwent the same change as they all look a little more on the realistic side now. I do agree, though, that Kaori not only looks more realistic but older than she used to as well.

Personally, I'm holding out for the reviews on this one. It's been so long since the pure awesome of SSX3 that I'm anything but sold on how good the game will actually be.

Remember when the first announcement trailer made everyone think this was going to be all gritty and grey? What happened to that? Not that it matters, I wanted it to stay like the old ones.

razer17:
Remember when the first announcement trailer made everyone think this was going to be all gritty and grey? What happened to that? Not that it matters, I wanted it to stay like the old ones.

the gritty and grey stuff is just the various survival modes in the game, they range from surviving an avalanche to having to use various equipment like wingsuits, oxygen tanks, and body armor to survive the ride down the mountain.

I'd recommend anyone who wants to see a bit more of actual gameplay on this check out the 49 minute floor demo of the game over on giantbomb, http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-road-show-ssx/17-5580/

it pretty much alleviated any concerns I had about the game, they played through several trick focused maps, as well as showed off some of the survival maps.

I hope not all the music in the game is like that

darkstone:

razer17:

the gritty and grey stuff is just the various survival modes in the game, they range from surviving an avalanche to having to use various equipment like wingsuits, oxygen tanks, and body armor to survive the ride down the mountain.

I'd recommend anyone who wants to see a bit more of actual gameplay on this check out the 49 minute floor demo of the game over on giantbomb, http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-road-show-ssx/17-5580/

it pretty much alleviated any concerns I had about the game, they played through several trick focused maps, as well as showed off some of the survival maps.

I actually played a demo version back in September, at EuroGamer expo, and I had a lot of fun with it. It's a lot like SSX3, though I didn't get to do any survival maps. I just meant that the first trailer it looked grey instead of colourful, but now it just looks as it's always done. I just wish I had the money to buy this game when it's released.

funksobeefy:

From what I've heard you can actually import your own tracks into the game. so there's that...

darkstone:

funksobeefy:

From what I've heard you can actually import your own tracks into the game. so there's that...

Oh? that's awesome! If true this game is a definite purchase

darkstone:

funksobeefy:

Import classic SSX tracks? HELL YES!
I'm already buying this, the tracks sold me but its good seeing the fan favorite characters return.

There's my girl Kaori. Definitely getting this now. :D

I like the sound of importing your own music, but I still want to get a killer soundtrack with the game. SSX has the best soundtracks.

I do miss her cheerful colorful attire but I'll keep an eye on this game Elise and Kaori where my favorite characters. Elise cuz she reminded me of Powergirl and Kaori cuz she's just awesome :)

darkstone:

razer17:

How have I not seen that video before?

My god, I really have to keep my hopes in check, because I am friggin pumped for the new SSX game. I absolutely adored SSX Trick, and SSX3 remains as one of my top favorite games of all time. It is damn good that SSX is coming back after brewing for several years, wearing off it's lesser bretheren like Blur.

Some people might not like the changes made to the characters and style, but I think they updated it just enough to be relevant in today's market. I was terrified after they showed off the initial trailer, but after seeing more gameplay footage I just couldn't contain my excitement. The music still has that SSX-y feel, just updated. Everything looks slick and clean with little clutter. It's just you, your board, and the mountain of snow in front of you.

Count me in.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 4442)