Trailers: NeverDead - Alex Boss Fight Trailer

NeverDead - Alex Boss Fight Trailer

Instead of NeverDead this could be called AlmostAlwaysHopping.

Watch Video

Well, that was different. Points for originality, I suppose.

That looks like it is going to be extremely confusing and annoying with a controller.

The hell was that?!

It's like Stubbs the Zombie, but in a miserable, brown, modern shooter style.

This is the first i have ever heard or seen of this game and after watching it I have two separate thaughts on it..
-That looks interesting, its something different and might be worth a look at further down the track.
and
-WHAT THE FLYING FUCK WAS THAT?!

I don't understand... can you not die? Does anything impede your forward progress in the game. I remember Prince of Persia... not the Sands of Time ones, but the standalone Prince of Persia remake that came out around 2008 or 2009. They eliminated the game over screen by not ever letting your character die, but they did it correctly when it would move you back to your last solid ledge and they did it with style. I just don't understand how slowing you down for a few seconds makes the game difficult. Also, the camera looked like it was living hell in that game. But, I'll reserve judgement till I read more reviews.

A bit repetitive, but I'm still looking forward to this one.

As long as they keep the ability to drop-kick your own head through the window of a blocked off building, I'm good.

Looks boring and repetitive as fuck. I only watched half of the video because it was just the same thing over and over again and I just couldn't be bothered watching the same thing happen for another 2 minutes. The gameplay mechanic with limbs being removed and everything is interesting, but it seems like they're just gonna use that as a way to slow the player down a tiny bit for a few seconds instead of something that could be applied in combat.

They could use the whole limb removal thing in combat for interesting and unique gameplay. Like ripping your arm off to beat an enemy into submission with it, ripping your head off (or just an eye) and rolling around to scout ahead without being seen, stuff like that.

Or maybe they are doing that and I'm just talking outta my ass with gibberish and angry Korean men named Jen Poh.

Wow.

That was lacklustre. Utterly and completely lacklustre.

They seriously thought that a horribly repetitive boss fight with what looked like awkward controls and camera was going to sell people on the game? Yeesh.

Well, that's Neverdead well and truly off my radar.

That is just so extremely Japanese, only missing up skirt and gundams :D

Sadly it looks very tedious, the gameplay is obviously very clunky and they needlessly drag the fight out into oblivion with no changes in the stages, hell they could learn from Terraria at this point.
I like your weird ideas but this is really cheap design.

meh

so its already out?

Blue Hero:
Looks boring and repetitive as fuck. I only watched half of the video because it was just the same thing over and over again and I just couldn't be bothered watching the same thing happen for another 2 minutes. The gameplay mechanic with limbs being removed and everything is interesting, but it seems like they're just gonna use that as a way to slow the player down a tiny bit for a few seconds instead of something that could be applied in combat.

They could use the whole limb removal thing in combat for interesting and unique gameplay. Like ripping your arm off to beat an enemy into submission with it, ripping your head off (or just an eye) and rolling around to scout ahead without being seen, stuff like that.

Or maybe they are doing that and I'm just talking outta my ass with gibberish and angry Korean men named Jen Poh.

Boss battles probably aren't the best way to show off. Another gameplay video showed him throwing an arm off in the distance and firing the gun as a distraction.

Baresark:
I don't understand... can you not die? Does anything impede your forward progress in the game. I remember Prince of Persia... not the Sands of Time ones, but the standalone Prince of Persia remake that came out around 2008 or 2009. They eliminated the game over screen by not ever letting your character die, but they did it correctly when it would move you back to your last solid ledge and they did it with style. I just don't understand how slowing you down for a few seconds makes the game difficult. Also, the camera looked like it was living hell in that game. But, I'll reserve judgement till I read more reviews.

well apparently you see that little thing giggling and rolling around the boss fight, if your just a head they can suck it up, the explanation while they cant digest your head, you spend eternity in its stomach (kinda messed up but hey, its a messed up game), also during the game you have an AI partner who isn't immortal, if she dies, game over. so the difficulty is really just keeping yourself together so as not to get caught or let your partner die. sounds frustrating really...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here