Miracle of Sound: Nord Mead (Skyrim)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Nord Mead (Skyrim)

There is just one drink we need... Nord Mead!

Watch Video

Easily one of my favourite songs so far. Very easy to see the Irish influence here, reminds me a bit of a mix between Turisas' "Rasputin" and anything by Dropkick Murphys or Flogging Molly. I always wondered how it would sound if you did something a bit more folk-y and Irish-sounding, and now I know. Excellent stuff which had my feet tapping from start to finish with one of the catchiest choruses you've written so far.

Love it. A fun song which makes me really in the mood for a pint. I know it's intended as an Irish pub song, but the one song it reminds me of in particular is the Green Dragon song from The Return of the King.
I raise my flagon in respect of another great song!

Haha brilliant. The music video made me laugh. Another great song with a catchy chorus!

If only you could get nord mead as a real drink i would live off the stuff.

Absolutely splendid. I now have a new favourite drinking song.

You know, I would chug a mug of mead with you Gavin. Though I don't think I could really go through all those bottles with you! o.O

This was a fun song! I'd need to practice getting my drink on though seeing as I only have 1 year of drinking off and on under my belt...

Oh and the dancing mod was awesome. Still need to play Skyrim :/

I guess it's time to finally have that intervention for Lydia.

Outstanding song, keep 'em coming.

Now that is one sweet drinking song!

You need to change up your style once in a while.

Well that was quite awesome. And this one had a pretty funny/neat video to back up the music, too. I mean, the other ones were ok, and nice, but this was something quite different in my opinion.
So, yeah. Well done, didn`t expect a new Skyrim song out so fast.

Oh man, I'm laughing right now and my roommate is wondering what the hell I'm listening to. This is hilarious AND I LOVE IT. Looks like I'll be spending another buck in 2 weeks for this song as well. I've never bought so much music from one artist before, but you deserve every bit of it! Thanks for making every other Thursday a bright spot in my week!

Jungy 365:
song it reminds me of in particular is the Green Dragon song from The Return of the King.
I raise my flagon in respect of another great song!

You know, now that you mention it, it does.

Great song, I'm going to have to get me a job and buy some of these songs sometime, along with the latest albums from Iced Earth and Blind Guardian XD

This song makes me want to go get plastered, and I don't even drink. Oh well, I guess getting drunk in Skyrim will do.

Thanks again for getting another song stuck in my head Gav. I'm going to humming this one for months.

this song sounds a mix of alestorm and Turisas which makes it even more awesome, thanks for my new drinking song gavin

... So many empty bottles... I consider myself pretty sturdy when it comes to mead, but seeing how Lydia is still conscious after several hundred bottles I don't think I ever want to play drinking games with a band of Nords. x_x
Also: Lol @ bartender being shouted to death for serving the wrong drink xD

Hilarious lyrics, and the music itself is definitely party material; do I detect some Andrew WK in there? Or possibly Korpiklaani?
Been a while since last you made something this light-hearted and upbeat, and I enjoyed it tremendously! Keep rocking, dude! :D

Jungy 365:
... but the one song it reminds me of in particular is the Green Dragon song from The Return of the King.

YES! I'm not the only one thinking of Green Dragon!

OT: Another great song. And, now I'm thirsty again.

Congratulations Gav, you've reinvented the beer song, and made a bunch of vikings sing it.

*clapclapclap* Quite awesome, quite awesome. I like it, fun and lighthearted. <3 A stupendous success.

I would love to get up and dance right now with a beer in my hand.
I tried guessing the rhythm before the song began and I was pretty accurate :D awesome

Epically awesome as always Gav. Maybe you should play this whenever you decide to get Fwappy drunk.

This is so catchy. I'm gonna be singing it all day tomorrow. Then every time I'm at the pub after that. Like a Nord.

Shockolate:

*sigh* okay, for the benefit of the doubt I'm gonna stop myself from getting mad and ask what do you mean by changing his style?

sage42:

Shockolate:

*sigh* okay, for the benefit of the doubt I'm gonna stop myself from getting mad and ask what do you mean by changing his style?

lol, I do believe that was a joke.

MiracleOfSound:
Nord Mead (Skyrim)

There is just one drink we need... Nord Mead!

Watch Video

Now that a couple people are thinking the Green Dragon song, any chance you'd do a cover of it for the hell of it?

For some reason, I thought one couldn't make two good songs about the same game. I see now the error in this thinking, as even the video was good this time!
So many bottles...

JaceArveduin:

sage42:

Shockolate:

lol, I do believe that was a joke.

*facepalm* Crap, there really needs to be a way to show sarcasm in text. Now I feel silly.

As a sound effect, you should have gotten a bunch of your friends pissed and had them singing along with you. Or record part of it in a pub. Then you'd have a great drinking song! As it is, its pretty good. Probably could have done with more folksy instruments instead of the electric guitars, but there has to be at least SOME instruments that you can't play. Right?

Hell yeah! That was epic! I was sceptic when I saw it was another Skyrim song, but you made an awesome drinking song and I've already decises to do a Swedish translation of sorts.

Ha ! It's like traveling through time and emerging in good old days when metal bands sang the songs about pirates, warriors, falls of hammers and keepers of the seven keys. :)

Cheers and thank you once again.

*Walks into the room, seeing hundreds of mead bottles lying around then turning to Lydia*

Lydia: "My Thane.. I-I could explain!"

Dragonborn: "You didn't bother inviting me to drink any mead with you?!"

Lydia: ".. Oh. Don't worry my Thane, we Nords can last up to 9,000 bottles of mead. I'll get more right now!"

See what I did there? No..? Darn these typical jokes of mine..

OT: That was a very creative song. Didn't expect that- I thought if you ever did a Skyrim song it would be epic or about dragons, but not mead lol. Still it turned out actually great, catchy, and hilarious all around (especially with the dancing mod, I cracked up). You pulled off yet another great song my friend.

@MiracleOfSound: I bestow to you this Axe of The Escapist, it's the highest honor that's within my power to grant.

I also would of assigned you Lydia, but she's way to drunk on mead right now while listening to your song so you'll just have to continue onward making fantastic songs ;}

UUUUTTTHHHHHGEEEERRRRRDDDD!!!!!!!!
She is such a legendary companion, I bring her everywhere.
GAV! You are a legend, fuckin love this song man!!!!

I want to start hearing this song down at my local, very soon.

Is this sung to the tune of Sovngarde Song, but sped up? Kind of sounds like it.

it's a great song, but i kind of wonder, how would you sing this during a live concert? you normally do the overlapping voices in perfect synchronicity witch kind of gives it an almost robotic sound...

I was just wondering since most of your songs use this technique would you get more singers or commit to just one voice?

Love it! Specially the chorus.

Chug a mug of mead
And another mug of mead
Chug another mug of mead
Till you fall down!

Damned talented musicians,.. stop making me jealous.
But I am starting to miss the Hard rock /Heavy Metal songs like "Age of the Dragon" and Fire in Your Hole" (Folk Metal makes my belly bleed).

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here