Miracle of Sound: Nord Mead (Skyrim)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

After the awesomely-haunting Joker's Song, it's nice to hear a just-as-awesome fun little ditty.

sage42:

JaceArveduin:

sage42:

*sigh* okay, for the benefit of the doubt I'm gonna stop myself from getting mad and ask what do you mean by changing his style?

lol, I do believe that was a joke.

*facepalm* Crap, there really needs to be a way to show sarcasm in text. Now I feel silly.

Now you know how Sheldon feels!

A great song, nice and cheery :)

And now I need a pint.

You weak livered milk drinkers
Can let your throats run dry
Cause there's just one drink
That we will sink
Until the day we die

Oh Gav, everyone knows that only advanced adventurers can drink milk.

Now that was the most fun song I've heard in a while. Way to go, Gav.

I'm desperately hoping your ok with someone modding this song into Skyrim's taverns. Currently my taverns are playing Sovngarde Song. Thanks for giving permission to the modders for that.

I did buy the song on itunes so no lost sale here

Drink to that. *raises jug*

Am I the only one who was reminded of the nut oil song while listening to this?

Sing along now!

Our notion is brewing this lotion, got barrels here on the sand, will you help me throw it to my brother in the other land?

Our liquor is getting thicker, my brother's wanting it now. Can you throw it over, I really don't care how!

I'm happy, it's tasting snappy, it really hits the spot. Could you throw it over, using all the strength you've got?

etc...

Sigh... Goodbye awesome music pieces made for copyrighted games.

Under ACTA and other horrible profit securing legislation this will no longer be possible.

Yearning for a mug of mead this very moment... At least I got an excuse to endulge myself with some terribly overpriced honeywine tomorrow.

I've seen the first "tavern song mod" for the sovngarde song, but with the full instrumentals and the perfect singing it kinda breaks the immersion a bit. We need someone with a lute to play both songs to make 'em truly cannonical :D

This was hilarious. Now, when is that duet with Maluka coming out?

I now want to keep a flagon on me at all times while playing Skyrim, and raise it to every dragon I kill. While playing this song of course.

Oooh, just realised this means Joker's Song is up on Bandcamp. Yes please!

The_Lost_King:

Soon! All we have left is to finish the vocals :)

MiracleOfSound:

The_Lost_King:

sweet! Was looking forward to that since you said you would in encore, will it be on the escapist, youtube, or both

The_Lost_King:

MiracleOfSound:

The_Lost_King:

sweet! Was looking forward to that since you said you would in encore, will it be on the escapist, youtube, or both

Just Youtube, on both our channels :)

What can I say...

This is now the drinking song of my D&D RP group.

Top job fella.

This was fantastic, one of my favourite works of yours. I did get really excited for a moment when I saw it was another Skyrim one, and assumed it was your collaboration with Malukah. But I didn't stay disappointed for long.
Oh, and Justin Clouse. Round of applause, you deserve it.

There's, there's, there's mead EVERYWHERE. I did not know that much mead existed good grief I must not be outdone! I must go drink all mead in Skyrim and then brew some more!

keeps getting better I won't lie I thought Joker's song was going to be the peak of awesome.

Sweet mother of Talos... Amazing song,Gav. If I had a job,I'd be throwing my money at you. Loonies or toonies?

Awesome! Reminds me of Village of Dwarves by Rhapsody!

It's a fun song (not in the top 5, but fun), but I personally am getting somewhat tired of Skyrim already without even having played it yet, even though it is the game I have been waiting for since Oblivion.

Top 5 so far:

1. Joker's Song
2. New Black Gold
3. Commander Shepard
4. Redemption Blues
5. Mining All Day Long

Love it, love it, love it! Viking/Celtic folk style music are my absolute favorite types of music and this and Sovngarde Song were amazing. Can not wait to purchase this so that I can put it on my iPod. I hope that you will keep doing songs of this style every once in a while.

Jungy 365:
Love it. A fun song which makes me really in the mood for a pint. I know it's intended as an Irish pub song, but the one song it reminds me of in particular is the Green Dragon song from The Return of the King.
I raise my flagon in respect of another great song!

Strange. After listening to Nord Mead for the first time the song that popped into my head was the bath song from The Fellowship of the Ring book, specifically the lines "but better is Beer if drink we lack,/ and Water Hot poured down the back."

Fantastic song!
I couldn't stop laughing after seeing the throne room and the fountain at the mage's guilf filled with bottles! And Lydia in the room with the bowl was just priceless.

Great stuff!

Jungy 365:
The one song it reminds me of in particular is the Green Dragon song from The Return of the King.

I came to the comments just to find the first person who posted that, and agree with them.

So... I agree.

Love it. I had to listen a few times and let it sink in because I've noticed a lot of your best songs are sleepers. (Joker's Son and Sovngard song were the same for me.)

Is there any chance you can offer a way to pre-order Level 2 and get the songs as they come up? I wouldn't mind paying extra for the privilege but as they are I'm probably going to buy this and Jokers Song and a bunch of other songs throughout the year, but not get Back in Time and other songs I enjoyed but not enough to cherry-pick.

I am now sad that I know someone else filled their room with bottles of mead, thanks a lot Gav.

It has a bit of a Finntroll vibe.
I like it, great song as usual!

The Dos-Equis Man is not the most interesting man in the world... he doesn't drink Nord Mead.

Awesome!

I don't know if I like it better than Sovngarde Song though

Amazing song and a really funny video :D Somewhat addictive as well. I'm having trouble stopping listening to it.

Hah! Funniest song for a long while!

How do you get your inspiration, anyway? Two Skyrim songs in as many months (don't get me wrong, I loved 'em both!) you'd think they'd lack variety.

...Plus, don't suppose you take requests...?

oh how I laughed while listening (and watching) to this. Just cannot describe it enough. And somewhere in the middle of the song I started jumping and dancing and then there was bear everywhere... and Lydia... Oh, my head. Really Great Mead You Did There.

For the last two days I've been singing this song almost non-stop. Even my non-gamer GF loves the song! Great stuff.

I really, really like this. It's extremely catchy. Certain people who shall remain nameless have been driven nuts by my singing of the chorus on Skype.

This is one I'm buying the second it's available. It makes drinking warm tea from a big mug seem so much more epic.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here