LoadingReadyRun: The Break

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Break

Sometimes you need some extra convincing before you'll accept the truth.

Watch Video

That... was... strange...

I guess the bainshee took all the subtlety out of the text messages.

It started slow, but it was worth it for "The Banshee does not wail for breaks"

Banshee Pseudo Warriors of Darkness leader?

The Banshee as a relationship counselor both terrifies and amuses me.

"The Banshee Sees A Lack Of Communication. The Banshee Recalls The Wailing Agonies Of A Thousand Nightmares. The Banshee Suggests Open Hones-" *ding*

"..."The Banshee's Time Is Up. Please Make An Appointment With The Banshee's Secretary."

I gotta admit when i see Paul's hairdo, stuck in a pencil sharpener is NOT the first thing that comes to mind

The Banshee doesn't wail for Breaks, but does the Banshee break for Whales?

This strikes me more as a Jagarmeister toast than a Jameson's toast...

DVS BSTrD:
I gotta admit when i see Paul's hairdo, stuck in a pencil sharpener is NOT the first thing that comes to mind

Alfalfa came to mind for me. Or "I have a point, but my hat hides it."

I knew the banshee sounded like Paul! Great video with a great amount of potential future work.

LRR Banshee will come to your house and wail for you if you get dumped for only 3 easy payments of $99.99. But wait there's more!

The banshee came out of nowhere and was very amusing. I will now laugh.
(I keep imagining I'm speaking today like that German guy from the Colbert report for some reason)

Interesting idea, but a little too much set-up for not nearly enough payoff. Cam pulling the cork out half-heartedly with his teeth was cool and Paul was disturbingly perfect for his description, but...yeah. Denial and the various stories you tell yourself about how you and whoever haven't really broken up or how they didn't really blow you off are just more sad than funny.

A friend will comfort you after a break up. A true friend will comfort you after a break up, with alcohol!

Awww... I was really hoping Matt was going to keep insisting it was still a break even after the banshee. But I have to say, those were some sweet effects.

I thought the ending joke was going to be the girl insisting they were just on a break.

I'm glad to see Paul was correctly credited for his Doom Booty work.

The banshee effects were pretty cool. And I was amused by how I could tell it was Paul from the moment he walked in.

I want that Teddie Plushie.

Aureliano:
Interesting idea, but a little too much set-up for not nearly enough payoff. Cam pulling the cork out half-heartedly with his teeth was cool and Paul was disturbingly perfect for his description, but...yeah. Denial and the various stories you tell yourself about how you and whoever haven't really broken up or how they didn't really blow you off are just more sad than funny.

Like, genuinly I-found-this-upsetting sad, or that other sort of sad that no-one should ever use to describe anything?

Wait isn't The Banshee traditionally female? To the extent that "bean" literally means woman. Yes I'm calling you out on Irish mythology.

Blackout62:
Wait isn't The Banshee traditionally female? To the extent that "bean" literally means woman. Yes I'm calling you out on Irish mythology.

Roy Thomas would never lead us wrong:

"We spoke the language of love, man."

I love Cam.

Huh... well okay then, that was not at all how I expected that one to end...

I'm soh-rry, but it is Canadian in here is it just you guys? And was the banshee Paul?

I love Cam. He has great delivery of everything. Good work, good work.

Somehow, the banshee just had to be Paul. I don't know how but I could tell it was him before he even spoke.

So, I have two hopelessly tangential questions, both from the first few seconds of the video:

1. Where'd you get the SR-71B placard?

2. What'd you use to do the dolly shot?

EDIT: Well, I just watched the first two "Loading Time" installments, so now I know how you did the dolly shot.

Wow I did not peg this as a Paul sketch, I thought it was more likely a kathleen one, or maybe from someone outside the main crew.

And you are really on a terrible hair kick recently

The banshee really makes this one great. Of course the banshee was your big punchline but that doesn't make it any less unexpected and funny. Also was Paul the banshee? Voice and otherwise?

"The banshee does not wail for breaks!"

Instant classic this one.

I have to admit, a relationship banshee would make things a lot clearer.

Man, kudos to Paul-I mean the Banshee. That was cool.

I always love it when Cam is in a video.

And you guys need to make a "Doom Booties" t-shirt. I would totally buy that.

WarHamster40K:
The Banshee as a relationship counselor both terrifies and amuses me.

"The Banshee Sees A Lack Of Communication. The Banshee Recalls The Wailing Agonies Of A Thousand Nightmares. The Banshee Suggests Open Hones-" *ding*

"..."The Banshee's Time Is Up. Please Make An Appointment With The Banshee's Secretary."

This- make it into an episode. PLEASE

OT: Gotta admit, that actually came off as creepy. good job guys!

I can't be the only one to notice it but Cameron's constant and very quick glances towards the camera really creep me out. It's like... like he KNOWS...

Lightning Delight:

And you guys need to make a "Doom Booties" t-shirt. I would totally buy that.

This! So much this!

BrunDeign:
Also was Paul the banshee? Voice and otherwise?

Paul was the physical banshee, and half of the voice.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here