Trailers: Kinect Star Wars - Girly Vader Trailer

Awwww. That makes me want chokey force powers.

Did anyone notice that she only used two fingers and her thumb? Vader had to use his whole hand.

I therefore will have to make this assumption: Little girl with pink shirt will beat Darth Vader in a one-on-one match.

Why is it that all the trailers thus far have focused on rehashing scenes from the movie rather than showing gameplay?

WHAT did I just watch?

I've got to admit I'm not holding out great hopes for this game.
But damn thats an incredibly awesome looking R2-D2 Xbox 360!

The Gentleman:
Did anyone notice that she only used two fingers and her thumb? Vader had to use his whole hand.

I therefore will have to make this assumption: Little girl with pink shirt will beat Darth Vader in a one-on-one match.

OT: Cute... too bad the game's gonna be utter crap :\

Vrach:

The Gentleman:

That looks like a full fist to me...

The Gentleman:

Vrach:

The Gentleman:

That looks like a full fist to me...

Look more carefully. The index finger is "outside" the fist. It's a half second window just before you see the guy being choked, after that the bad lighting/quality kinda obscures it.

Vrach:
Look more carefully. The index finger is "outside" the fist. It's a half second window just before you see the guy being choked, after that the bad lighting/quality kinda obscures it.

Nope, still don't see it...

I hope you're not doing that revisionist argument just because Lord Vader would get his ass handed to him by a girl in a black vest...

The Gentleman:

Vrach:

Nope, still don't see it...

I hope you're not doing that revisionist argument just because Lord Vader would get his ass handed to him by a girl in a black vest...

Well, for one, you just taught me a new word.

And no, I don't care for SW arguments, I actually didn't even have to see the video, I remembered Vader doing it with a thumb and index finger from when I (relatively) recently (re)watched the SW movies, it's something that caught my eye plenty of times seeing as the whole fist is accepted as the norm for the Force choke. It's been referenced plenty of times as such based on the New Hope though, considering this is the "original" choke per se :P

Anyway, one of the first searches on the "Vader choke", the image is a bit brighter (though still shit quality, I'd need to whip out a BluRay copy from somewhere):

Notice that the fist is half closed, while the index finger is significantly further from the hand, making a "choke" with the thumb.

Omegatronacles:
Why is it that all the trailers thus far have focused on rehashing scenes from the movie rather than showing gameplay?

because the actual game will be crap and only fit for a laugh at partys and transiently entertaining pre teen children ? . .

However many fingers were used to do it, I want that power...

Omegatronacles:

There already a ton of gameplay footage out there.

I really like they delay the game for months just to make sure all the gameplay was as tight and polished as it could be for the Kinect.

That is just how I would imagine someone would act if they got force powers today. :P

Well done I say, if only the gameplay did not look so weak... Maybe I shall get it used later...

Feh, Clint Howard was the best part.

Baldr:

Omegatronacles:

I really like they delay the game for months just to make sure all the gameplay was as tight and polished as it could be for the Kinect.

I know that gameplay footage exists. I also know that these are the trailers that are suppose to be selling the game to the general public.

These trailers aren't selling anything about the game. Looking at these, one could almost be forgiven for thinking that this was just the latest entry in the line of Lucas' remastering efforts.

that pissed me the fuck off. i hate that feeling that is akin to embarrassment that no one can describe but everyone understands.

Imagine what will happen teenager hormones are in full influential sway...

Wow did you guys see the gameplay? Me either. Just a spoof where a guy over acts being choked and somehow choking people to death becomes funny.

Something about insult and injury.

Vader choked first.

even the guys making this game are making fun of this...
that cant be a good sign...

Once again, female on male violence is used for comedy... I'm just kidding, could you imagine though? But srsly...

This is a bad ad, it shows nothing about the game other than it is Star Wars themed and on the Kinect. Even ads like Skyrim's and ODST's are better than this because at least they get the viewer hyped up.

...well, [tiny]Vader was scarier than [normal]Vader until she she decided to try to force-choke everyone. Then it become amusing.

Baldr:

Tight and polished or closer to the theater release of episode I in 3D?

OT, I'm disappointed in how limited a major release trailer is as far as game play is concerned; I've only been vaguely intrigued by the game and they haven't gone out of their way to sell it to me on anything more than a nostalgia kick.

D'aaaaaaaaaaawwwww.

Still, not as cute as baby Vader.

Ehhh... the Obi-Wan trailer was better.

Also, I'm certain Yahtzee is going to have a field day when he reviews this game. Seriously, a lot of us will be remarking that Jedi Academy was more immersive.

She does play Vader better than Christianson. Sorry, I shouldn't beat such a dead horse.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here