Zero Punctuation: Resident Evil: Revelations

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Resident Evil: Revelations

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Resident Evil: Revelations.

Watch Video

I think he liked it. The game is fun as hell and is great for on the go.

Also the dodge mechanic is bullshit

I had the exact same issues with the game, I just can't get dodging to work when I want it to, and it only works by pure accident. Still a fun little game though, addicted to Raid mode right now.

Well look at that; the critique was more positive than I was expecting it to be so maybe I'll buy a copy to be opened and played instead of the collectible, never-to-be-opened copy with the misspelled label.

Sequel subtitle names seem to be more stale than Fate's couch.
Didn't expect much from a Resident Evil game (the way Yahtzee goes on about them) game but this one functional at least. Too bad you had to dock it a few points for poor dodge mechanic.

On a side note Yahtzee, revealing your phobia of deep sea angler fish on the internet probably won't tide well for your next birthday party.

Here's hoping for the Darkness 2 next week!

I agree with the ending credits, angler fish, a long with most of the deep sea things, are god damned creepy.

I messed with the demo of this and it was pretty entertaining.

man I was hoping to see him review soul calibur 5 or final fantasy XIII-2

maybe next week he'll do it or move onto the darkness II??

Neverdead next plz id like to see you tear that a new asshole

ForgottenPr0digy:

or better yet he'll review Neverdead. i'd love to see him tear that a new one.

ForgottenPr0digy:

If the derision he poured on them in this vid wasn't enough to tip you off, Yahtzee never reviews JRPGs, and I think I've seen him do like... two(?) arcade fighters, ever- and one of those was 'No More Heroes', which wasn't a "pure" fighter.

This was a pleasant surprise: I thought for sure he'd destroy RE:R, but I suppose he must've been in a very good mood-- or possibly drunk. Yeah, he might've been bombed.

Still, 'played my ass like the bongos' is a classic. I'm gonna have to lift that one.

ForgottenPr0digy:

I guess it will be Darkness 2, but i hoped for kingdoms of amalur: Reckoning.
It would be an rpg were it is possible that he likes the combat.

A positive 3DS review?!
...eh, sort of.

Anyway, I was curious about this game and held out on that first RE that was just the shoot-y bits of RE4 but this one interested me with its cruise ship theme and with its return to old RE simplicity but I did not even know it was out yet so THANK YOU YAHTZ!

Your not completely bile filled review of this game has made it a "buy" for me.

*edit*
Somehow it double posted.
Umm... sorry about that.

I suppose I need to make this post about ZP or RE so...

I would like to review this critique...

I enjoyed this critique, it made me laugh and it even made me want to buy a game I did not even know was out yet. You could say it was a Zero Punctuation: Revelation!

A positive review from Yahtzee on a new RE game? And on the 3DS? And no mention of the handheld being utter shit simply based on one mechanic that he's hated since day 1 and nothing else to justify that opinion?

Did someone slip happy bills into Yahtzee's beer when he wasn't looking at the Mana Bar or something?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there another Resident Evil gameboy game set on a cruise liner?

maybe these revelations are relating to that.

also, I'm not entirely sure I need a new Resident Evil game yet, my zombie needs are pretty covered what with every second game including zombies and all.

Functional huh? Well then, we can say Yahtzee didn't absolutely hate it. My friend with a 3DS will probably be interested.

Interesting video this one.I'm surprised to see so many positive things that have been said about this 3DS title.

You have surprised me Yahtzee,well done!

so this means we won't be getting an FFXIII-2 review? damn.... would have made for a few good laughs

Did I mention this entire planet is made from widdly wee?

Hmm sounds like this game isn't too bad then.

I had a terrible time trying to control Chris "built like a brick shit house" Redfield in RE5 and the mere thought of the same controls on a 3DS brought me to tears. Glad to see it's not as God-awful as I first imagined. I might just invest in a copy.

Sounds like the dodge mechanic in this suffers from the same problem as Silent Hill Homecoming's dodge... it just doesn't fucking work. At least you can get by without it. Trying to defeat enemies that RELY on your being able to dodge when the mechanic is so broken, that just isn't fun.

Limecake:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there another Resident Evil gameboy game set on a cruise liner?

maybe these revelations are relating to that.

also, I'm not entirely sure I need a new Resident Evil game yet, my zombie needs are pretty covered what with every second game including zombies and all.

EDIT: Woah sorry, didn't read your post properly. You were referring to Resident Evil Gaiden, the Gameboy title! My below post refers to the PS2 game, Dead Aim, ALSO set on a cruise liner. I honestly didn't realise there were so many RE games set on ships already. My appreciation of revelations has gone down somewhat. /EDIT

Yeah, that would be Resident Evil: Dead Aim. It had 3rd person movement but 1st person shooting and was supossed to support a light gun. It was short, the plot was paper thin (even for a Resident Evil game) and the characters were cliches of cliches. But it wasn't TOO bad.

All I really remember is that, yes, it was aboard a ship. It involved Umbrella to a certain extent (they owned the ship I think) and it was pretty much the mansion incident on a ship... like Zahtzee said, same story different location.

I very much doubt Capcom would want to make any sort of link to Dead Aim within Revelations, it was very much a stand alone game and frankly there was very little to actually link to anyway. Having only 3 characters and all...

I was going to make a witty comment but the page took 2 hours to load.....
Fix the sever issues already.....

ZippyDSMlee:

OK. Just make the servers capable of dealing the the floods and floods of people who arrive every time there is a new ZP video....

We have a uniform lady, because in these games we have the policy to shoot things that look retarded.

That one made me remember to not drink fizzy drinks whilst watching ZP....
And Yahtzee didn't hate it so it must be fairly good... Now if I only had a 3Ds and more disposable income...

I loved the demo, and I've heard this is the best RE game in years. I'll get it soon.

Though it makes RE6, the "tries to appeal to everyone and compromise on everything" game, look more unappealing by the second.

This week's joke in the credits was more clever than usual.

o.0

an RE game ... on the 3DS he, sounded like he kinda liked

o.o

you ok Yahtzee?

Shoggoth2588:
Well look at that; the critique was more positive than I was expecting it to be so maybe I'll buy a copy to be opened and played instead of the collectible, never-to-be-opened copy with the misspelled label.

Well if that's the case then my copy of Resident Evil: Revelaitons has lost more than a bit of it's value, because I opened it.

Also yes, the dodge mechanic is absolute bullshit.

From what it sounds like this is RE4:Boat Edition.
I'm 100% okay with this considering RE4 is my favorite.
Will definitely be picking this one up, thanks Yahtzee.

So when is Yahtzee going to review The Darkness 2?

trollpwner:

ZippyDSMlee:

OK. Just make the servers capable of dealing the the floods and floods of people who arrive every time there is a new ZP video....

*tap tap tap* this thing on?

Hell YA!

Is that a heavily modified BlasTech DL-44???

Wasn't planning on grabbing this game, but having second thoughts now. Res evil 2 but with the ability to see what your shooting, sounds like heaven :D

Nothing says Wednsday like a new ZP and the Escapist not being able to load.

Tried the demo on my roommate's 3DS. To me it seems like Resident Evil 4 with more exploration and an atmosphere that tries to emulate the old games. Also, it has the ability to move while aiming.

Well, it's a buy the. Now I just need to get a 3DS...

.. Took me, about maybe- from 2:40 PM to now (5:24 PM) just to get on this thread in order to post about Yahtzee's video. Really, really wish .. and not to be rude but, really wished that The Escapist would fix the servers where they can handle flooding. But, yeah... *sigh* Sorry guys, I love this website but it's a pain to fight for three hours straight just to watch a video if not post about it.

OT: That was a very interesting review Yahtzee. Even though I got a kick out of this, I really want your all out opinion on The Darkness 2. But, yeah I too have noticed that a lot of games for some reason are coming out with titles that have 'revolation' in them. Don't know why.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here