Zero Punctuation: Resident Evil: Revelations

Pages PREV 1 2

My favourite part is where he rejects FF 13-2 for being like a parrot on a line and then goes on to review a... Resident Evil game. I guess being a gutter pigeon on a line is preferable.

...this is one of those rare reviews (like Mindjack) where I can't tell whether he liked it or not.

He should have reviewed Thief since it was just released on Gog.com :-D.

Proverbial Jon:
I very much doubt Capcom would want to make any sort of link to Dead Aim within Revelations, it was very much a stand alone game and frankly there was very little to actually link to anyway. Having only 3 characters and all...

Dead Aim wasnt a stand alone game. it was part of the Gun Survivor series (or Survivor series in the US).

Childlike fun. Typical Capcom.

He should try playing Final Fantasy XIII-2... The drinking game! Take a shot whenever they use "paradoxes" as an explanation for something, or alternatively, whenever Serah talks about how she misses Lightning. Either way will make you as equally intoxicated.

Wow. I played the demo and thought the whole controls/movement thing felt a bit off, like it needed the extra analog stick. I'll give the demo another go, since I'm quite surprised he actually somewhat liked it.

Kitsuna10060:
o.0

an RE game ... on the 3DS he, sounded like he kinda liked

o.o

you ok Yahtzee?

He must be getting paid off.

Slaanax:
He should have reviewed Thief since it was just released on Gog.com :-D.

I believe you'll find that he already did.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/544-Thief-The-Dark-Project

Caramel Frappe:
.. Took me, about maybe- from 2:40 PM to now (5:24 PM) just to get on this thread in order to post about Yahtzee's video. Really, really wish .. and not to be rude but, really wished that The Escapist would fix the servers where they can handle flooding. But, yeah... *sigh* Sorry guys, I love this website but it's a pain to fight for three hours straight just to watch a video if not post about it.

OT: That was a very interesting review Yahtzee. Even though I got a kick out of this, I really want your all out opinion on The Darkness 2. But, yeah I too have noticed that a lot of games for some reason are coming out with titles that have 'revolation' in them. Don't know why.

This really has nothing to do with your post, I was just wondering: Is your avatar Hanako hugging Rainbow Dash? O.0
Because if it is, you're like my favourite person right now. :)

Also: yeah, I'd like his to do the Darkness II too. But I don't thikn he'll like it. :P

For the record... Life On Mars is also my favorite cut off of David Bowie's Hunky Dory album...

(which I bought on vinyl... when it was new...)

JokerCrowe:
This really has nothing to do with your post, I was just wondering: Is your avatar Hanako hugging Rainbow Dash? O.0
Because if it is, you're like my favourite person right now. :)

Also: yeah, I'd like his to do the Darkness II too. But I don't thikn he'll like it. :P

Glad you like it, and thank you truly for the compliment of course! ^_^

I actually made this Avatar myself from scratch. If you'd like proof, please check out the original where I submitted it onto DeviantArt. Click Here. Also, yeah Hanako from Katawa Shoujo is snuggling against Rainbow Dash. Basically my two favorite things into one Avatar- I don't see myself replacing this anytime soon haha.

Just to stay on topic though, I do think Yahtzee will be disappointed with The Darkness II mainly since the game is only 6 hours long overall. I mean, a game that's $60 should least have about 10-12 hours if nothing less but having great multiplayer. All well..

Yahtzee you MUST review The Darkness II . This series made you .

DEAD AIM anyone?
the cruise ship story has been done. and it was good ... well it was crap but i liked it. it was dark, creepy and had a transexual villian. the house of the dead style shooting was crap but without it we wouldnt have res e 4 would we?

abort_user:

Proverbial Jon:
I very much doubt Capcom would want to make any sort of link to Dead Aim within Revelations, it was very much a stand alone game and frankly there was very little to actually link to anyway. Having only 3 characters and all...

Dead Aim wasnt a stand alone game. it was part of the Gun Survivor series (or Survivor series in the US).

You are correct. There were three Resident Evil games in the "Gun Survivor" series and I have all three of them. The only thing that really links them into a "series" is the fact that they were all designed as light gun games. The stand alone element I was referring to was really the storyline, which if I am correct, doesn't actually cross over or link any of the three games.

A Jean Paul Gaultier name-drop? The repressed fashionista in me squealed!

well all in all i can say i feel less likely to play this. Funny review though. I still don't see why they try to push this 3d crap. Ive seen it its rubbish and most of the people i know who are into games and smart don't like it so i can only assume that the reason its still being produced and marketed is that A-lots of idots are buying it and B because idots in marketing say so.

Also this game sounds like the campus here since we can have these people who are pretending to be zombies showing up out of no were

Well, if you're sniping with 3d on, maybe you should close one of your eyes?

Anyway, the game's pretty fun...I'm not really sure why anybody expected a coherent plot or anything. This is RESIDENT EVIL, not Shakespeare.

As for the dodge mechanic, you have to push forward right before the attack lands, which may or may not pay off if the monster is too far from you to register in your dodge zone. In the case of too far monsters, you just have to scoot out of the way normally.

I noticed you said "reverererations" instead of revelation. Thats racist ben and I will fucking sue you

Your reviews make my Wednesdays tolerable and worth living through. Thanks for the laughs (and incredibly valuable insight into the games I consider buying - up to the point that you rip them a new one)

Head desk. That's some stupid suit to fight infected monsters in for sure. I wonder if Yahtzee ever complained about Ada Wong's outfit in RE4... or her impossible flips and such?

Have you ever tried looking into a sniper scope with two eyes? Doesn't work well. You're supposed to close one eye.

Balkan:
Yahtzee you MUST review The Darkness II . This series made you .

I'm afraid you're having a bit of a mix-up here; Yahtzee was forged by darkness, not 'The Darkness'.

so.... did anyone else notice yahtzee's "lips"

Christopher Belmont

...That is all.

Resident Evil is going from cheesy to just plain bad. It pretty much started the trend of villainous organizations doing bad shit just for the sake of doing it (though some seem to think "because we hate America/people in general/green technology" is a justifiable reason). It also has some of the lamest naming trends in Japanese-produced games (Final Fantasy still takes top billing). Veltro is the Italian name for a Grayhound which has nothing to do with anything, outside of Japan's continued effort to take every language it hears out of context.

I mean, what's your scanner called in Revelations? The "Genesis." It would make more sense for me to call my toaster oven the "Phoenix." Internet, you have no excuse not to use it.

Yahtzee's right in that it has a fairly decent control setup. Jill turns so slowly when you're walking forward that I found myself just smacking into walls and grinding my way around them. Aiming is clunky and wobbly so while I was able to hit things I rarely could hit them where I wanted. I don't know why people think RE4's control setup is such a step above the older games: you never stopped moving like a turret on wheels, and you still can't strafe in this game. Even Isaac Clarke knows how to strafe and in this day and age you have no reason not to.

And what is it with Jill jamming her arm up to the shoulder into every gorramn slimy pile of flesh she can find? Is Chris really into anal fisting? Does she not watch horror movies to know that's never, ever a good idea, or has she gotten it in her head that being a main character, she isn't going to be eaten by the giant mutant sphincter? She doesn't even wipe her hands. Imagine how she must smell.

*Sigh* Sorry. I just miss Barry. He had the best lines.

Is Capcom even trying anymore?! To me Resident Evil Revelations is a fun game under an asinine story.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here