Feed Dump: Test Tube Beef

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Test Tube Beef

It may not be what's for dinner, but it'll certainly put you off your dinner.

Watch Video

You lacked hats in this episode!
But the not silly hat made up for it.

Why did I watch this while eating Mcdonalds?

What's with the oddly specific sign? How do people think of this shit!?

Also, I think the word you were looking for to describe the hat was "meta", Graham.

What a shame it is that nobody can function without their cellphones anymore!

Funny Episode. Probably my favorite two guests.

Honestly I don't see the problem with cultured meat. I make no claims to being a vegetarian or environmentalist of any kind, but if you find "Grown by men in white lab coats" disgusting, don't go looking for how we currently produce our meat products. It may turn your stomach.

I would actually be willing to try lab-grown human meat. Assuming I could get some kind of guarantee in writing that it was lab-grown and they didn't just raid a morgue or something.

You guys aren't 12?.... Huh, you learn something new every day.

I don't know which was my favorite story this week. they were all funny.

hmmm...

what do vegetarians think of test tube meat?

was that a soylent green reference i detect?

I have to say, being able to order a coffee without having to take off half my equipment is very appealing to me.

And because obvious bait is the tastiest, I'm not surprised that there are people who can't live without their cellphones, everyone sufficiently connected to the outside world knows someone like that. I -am- however surprised that that anxiety has been classified into a phobia. That just tickles my funny bone.

But wouldn't it be awesome if that was what a full metal jacket meant?

And that's some trippy shit you guys came up with with the meat-cloning... though you do know that all you'd get is a lump of human-meat from that method by itself, not a person, right?

I laughed at the thought of Man-ception.

Also, yeah... I'm one of those people that probably couldn't function without my phone.

Cameron:
Sex toys are definitely something you don't want to cheep out one

That sounds like a tip from experience.

Why is it green?

What? Green? Oh no, that one's made of people, sorry.

Loved the list of times. I expected it to end, but it just went on....

Cameron's starting to scare me a little. >.>

Well I for one don't own a cell phone. Now let me adjust my hipster glasses and listen to my underground indie music.

MatParker116:
Why did I watch this while eating Mcdonalds?

Why did I watch this while drinking juice? I almost did a spit take when it came to Alex's wildebeest and flint tool dilemma. You know you're a nerd when the archeology jokes get you every time. Well done, gentlemen of LRR.

Well that's one more to be added to the LRR Fuck Video
http://loadingreadyrun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17759
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbt6sTujffU

Sorry, it's not what you hoped.

The Gentleman:

Cameron:
Sex toys are definitely something you don't want to cheep out one

That sounds like a tip from experience.

Maybe he does, or maybe he just read something about it, because I've read a story or two about a cheap toy that malfunctioned and burned down a house or two.

<3 Cam.

Alex your name tag isn't signed. I forgot your name so I had to go look it up, you could of saved me some time.

The lab grown human meat will probably make all those people who have said "bite me" in the past now really regret saying that.

Now...Graham should really have another hat that ALSO says "My other hat is silly", just to create a mind puzzle of sorts. You know, like "The other side of this card is true/The other side of this card is false" kind of mind puzzle.

Nomophobia? I thought that was crippling fear of not being a mofo.

(Would gnomophobia be fear of knowledge of fear of gnomes? Or fear of sundials? Or fear of bankers?)

Personally, I have an irrational fear of the spherical analogue to a tesseract and specific parts of a horse's hoof.

Let's see someone figure that one out.

This was one of the greatest. Laughed from start to finish

I don't even HAVE a mobile phone.

And err, I wouldn't even try that test tube meat, unless cows and pigs and chickens were all extinct.

At the ski lodge clinic:

"Okay, so what do we have to triage now... Looks like a broken leg, a pulled shoulder, and... three people with first and second degree burns...?"

Two things

Cam again is funny as hell

I was still able to fap to the hat at the end of the episode as always

soooo keep up the good work guys

I want to see a Saint Bernard with, like, the cask around its neck and all, but have the Starbucks logo on the cask, and it's just filled with a double-mocha-expresso-whatever thing.

Just in case you couldn't figure it out, I don't drink coffee.

There's something very, very disturbing about watching phone sex.

Just sayin'.

Goddammit. Who operated the camera this time? Especially in the first half whenever Cam was on cam [uh, sorry -_-], it was really distracting. :/

"That's a lot of dildos."

Poignant observation Alex.

Also, working at 2400 feet up a mountain does not sound like a fun job. I feel sorry for the ski-through workers that work there.

Cam has gone from being funny to kind of scary.

orangeapples:
what do vegetarians think of test tube meat?

Much like Soylent Green, it varies from person to person. (rimshot)

But seriously, vegetarians aren't a hive mind. There are almost as many different reasons for being a vegetarian as there are vegetarians. Vegetarians who simply don't like the taste of meat probably wouldn't like it. Vegetarians who are against animal farming might approve of it as a way to reduce animal cruelty. Vegetarians who want everything to be "organic" would oppose it.

And there are infinite variations and permutations of the above. I know some vegetarians who are fine eating processed food and "meat substitutes," while others will only eat whole fruit, vegetables and nuts in their "natural" state. There are even vegan Buddhists who make elaborate meals that look and taste almost exactly like animals, as a kind of homage/prayer to the animals they are not eating.

chif-ii:
I want to see a Saint Bernard with, like, the cask around its neck and all, but have the Starbucks logo on the cask, and it's just filled with a double-mocha-expresso-whatever thing.

Just in case you couldn't figure it out, I don't drink coffee.

Star Bucks isn't coffee it's fasion

Marudas:
Funny Episode. Probably my favorite two guests.

Honestly I don't see the problem with cultured meat. I make no claims to being a vegetarian or environmentalist of any kind, but if you find "Grown by men in white lab coats" disgusting, don't go looking for how we currently produce our meat products. It may turn your stomach.

Exactly. I'd be more than happy to eat "grown" meat. Plus it would make all this preachy vegetarianism (sorry to all veggies, but you have some awful annyoing fellows) unnecessary because no animals would suffer anymore.

Aardvaarkman:
Vegetarians who want everything to be "organic" would oppose it.

That's just... silly. But a choice.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or