Feed Dump: Test Tube Beef

Pages PREV 1 2

MatParker116:
Why did I watch this while eating Mcdonalds?

As long as you went ... oh, sorry "skied" (is this correct o.O) to Starbucks after that, then it's ok!

Le_Lisra:

Aardvaarkman:
Vegetarians who want everything to be "organic" would oppose it.

That's just... silly. But a choice.

That's not just vegetarians, not by a long shot. There are plenty of meat-eaters (mostly yuppies) who insist that their meat be grass-fed, and their food is "artisanal" and produced by small local businesses living in a quaint village. There are people who are really into meat, but only hunt their own food.

For a lot of people, the idea of "science" and "industry" being involved in food production is off-putting. It's not really rational, but it's understandable on some level. The processed food industry produces a ton of crap. When you see how many people are feeding their children almost 100% junk food, the alternatives look more attractive.

Back in the 1950s, some people were looking forward to a future where we could get all our dietary needs just by taking a few pills, and we wouldn't have to bother cooking real food. "Better living through chemistry." That's not the kind of world I want to live in. I believe in balance. Food processing and science has its place, but we also shouldn't totally divorce ourselves from the raw beauty of nature. But I'm also not a luddite who believes that anything produced by industry is "evil."

They should really concentrate on growning transplant organs instead of meat to eat. This just sounds like they tried to do organs but then gave up and said "meh, it'll be a meatball".

Starbucks idea kind of misses on an important point of buying coffee and the reason why you can always sit somewhere after it to drink - you can't really ski AND drink coffee, you can probably walk and drink, but coffee is hot and I seriously doubt there's that many people who can ski/snowboard with one hand leveled and steady enough to hold a styrofoam coffee cup filled with hot liquid, or if they can, they probably don't want to...

Just realized the day that testube meat is alowed and eaten by most people then all the cows pigs sheep and any other animal that is bred for food will be killed that day only dairy cows and egg laying chickens would be around that would make for a boring farm

The look on the faces of people who read speed limit sign would be fun. Confused or irritated. Heck, they might even hit a kid or two as they are too distracted trying to read what time is the speed limit on and checking their watch at the same time.

BoredRolePlayer:

chif-ii:
I want to see a Saint Bernard with, like, the cask around its neck and all, but have the Starbucks logo on the cask, and it's just filled with a double-mocha-expresso-whatever thing.

Just in case you couldn't figure it out, I don't drink coffee.

Star Bucks isn't coffee it's fasion

No.

You know, when you mentioned the phobia of being without a cell phone, Graham, I thought the stories couldn't get any sadder than that.

And then you mentioned China and their dildos...

Also, since Graham didn't seem to mention it, I will. Please, people, be considerate. Don't drink and ski.

I know what you are thinking, But Lord Hosk, Arent you from S.E. Michigan? Don't you have relatives who live within a mile of that sign and could take a picture of it?

Why yes, yes I do.

The sign has been replaced by one which reads

6:49-9:07 AM
2:03-4:29 PM

I was laughing until I cried at the 'people eating people' thing

...The concept of a ski-through anything is incomprehensible to my mind.

On the other hand, I can understand why people might like to have something warm to drink while skiing... Except, doesn't skiing require both hands? How do you hold the cup?

RE: People fed people - isn't that the plot of Viva Pinata?

Graham's little pantomime with the coffee/brandy was so funny

Kaltazraza:
You lacked hats in this episode!
But the not silly hat made up for it.

There should ONLY be one hat an episode. That gag can't work forever, and we want it to go on for as long as possible.

I have so much man love for Alex yet I still found the phone sex creepy.

scw55:
Well that's one more to be added to the LRR Fuck Video
http://loadingreadyrun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17759
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbt6sTujffU

Sorry, it's not what you hoped.

Brilliant!

Pariah164:

On the other hand, I can understand why people might like to have something warm to drink while skiing... Except, doesn't skiing require both hands? How do you hold the cup?

You can ski without poles. In that case you have both hands free.

BEST HAT.

That's it. I want Cam in all the Feed Dumps forever.

Don Reba:

Pariah164:

Hell I once snowboarded with a can of Sprite in my hand. Which brings up the point that Squaw Valley is just stealing this idea from the ski patrol guys at Kirkwood who sell sodas at the top of the mountain.

Just "Dadist" I think. Fortune cookie highlighters with front and rear cameras.

I still cant believe they keep getting Abed Nadir to guest star

I do recall seeing the story on the grown/cultured meat earlier on the BBC news website. Though, sufficed to say, they did not have that hat. :P

Pariah164:

Ski-through ski lifts are fairly common.

Man made meat, huh? well, it least it's not made out of shit.

YES, they're trying to recycle human feces into burger patties!

Guess in which country this is happening? Hint: it's that little island in Asia where all the crazy comes from.

Idi Amin doesn't sound particularly palatable to me, but I'm game for some Whitaker bacon.

Yeah, I totally expect all these random coffee while skiing accidents to crop up now.

Blackout62:

Don Reba:

Pariah164:

Hell I once snowboarded with a can of Sprite in my hand. Which brings up the point that Squaw Valley is just stealing this idea from the ski patrol guys at Kirkwood who sell sodas at the top of the mountain.

You're just enabling those Mountain Dew commercials...

I don't think I could survive without my computer.

My cell phone, though, certainly.
I rarely even keep it with me.

Im just hoping that facility that is making the test tube beef is not in Santa Cabeza

I think I need my cellphone just because without it, I can't contact people.
I like contacting my friends and family on a whim.

But I think I could live without it..for a day.

Also Cam and Alex and Graham in one trio of funny are <3. Choked on my tea.

Flint?, feh, in my day we wandered the plains for days, praying for the Gods to strike a tree with their fire sticks. But that's just not good enough for you kids today is it?
-
Yeah, I'd try test tube meat. As long as it didn't taste like despair.

I DON'T NEED MY PHONE WHAT'S WITH YOU PEOPLE

Oh and speed limits here for school zones go from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. All school year. Not an issue.

Starbucks knows its market.

i havent fixed my cellphone in over 2 years. although im a total fucking hiki so that might explain that.
hhhmmm those numbers seem awfully specific. sounds like a bunch of actuaries with a number fetish. but hey,you cant repudiate something that hasnt been tried yet (as long as its still within the realm of common sense, of course)

tehweave:
"That's a lot of dildos."

Poignant observation Alex.

Also, working at 2400 feet up a mountain does not sound like a fun job. I feel sorry for the ski-through workers that work there.

on the contrary. that sounds just like the type of solitude i fantasize about while i ride the subway to work in the "urban vomit sprawl" of my city

careful:

tehweave:
"That's a lot of dildos."

Poignant observation Alex.

Also, working at 2400 feet up a mountain does not sound like a fun job. I feel sorry for the ski-through workers that work there.

on the contrary. that sounds just like the type of solitude i fantasize about while i ride the subway to work in the "urban vomit sprawl" of my city

I enjoy solitude as much as the next man, but I need to counter that solitude with actual interaction from time to time or I be a bit nutso yo.

In all seriousness, I come from a non-urban sprawl town of about 100,000. Enough people to socialize with, not enough to be crowded. It's a nice balance.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here