GinxTV: Resident Evil: Top 5 Weird Moments

Resident Evil: Top 5 Weird Moments

The Resident Evil series is filled with some particularly weird stuff.

Watch Video

I'd like to add some of my own:

-Discovering who Alexia ACTUALLY is!
-Jill Valentine fighting zombie hoards... in a boob tube and miniskirt
-Nemesis wanting to get Jill with those "tentacles"
-Resident Evil 4, american walks into apparently benign village with handgun already drawn
-Shooting Las Plagas in the head blowing their head off... only to have a giant biomechanical scythe sprout from their severed head!

Weirdest moment in Resident Evil 4 and you picked the backwards turning Ganado at the start of the game? Not the pitchforked women or the mystery moving sack in the Regenerator prison?

My favorite dumb thing in Resident Evil is always the "you just used X to do Y, and it is no longer useful, discard it?" Because we so need to be asked whether we want to hang on to a useless item that is doing nothing else besides take up a slot a useful item could be using lol.

I'm surprised that Chris punching a boulder into lava in Resi 5 wasn't on there, let alone how they were even in the volcano to start with!

Treblaine:
Resident Evil 4, american walks into apparently benign village with handgun already drawn

HAH, fucking priceless! I never even realized that.

You forgot one though; Sadler constantly trying to kill Ashley eventhough his masterplan involves keeping her alive. The first thing that happens when you save her from the church is Sadler's men shooting flaming arrows at her.

I smell a new trick shot coming....

270 CONVERSATION START! Thats right. Lets see you pull that off in everyday life. I pulled a 270 Convo Start Collateral on some Jehovah's Witness the other day. Leveled up my Chat to unlock Blue Steel camo for it.
((Bonus points towards convo skills if you get the Blue Steel reference))

Maybe they were just picking the less interesting ones to be funnier. I think for me the weirdest was always Salazar's transformation, something about it is just damn creepy.

Lol! game mechanics don't work/translate into real life! Lol!

Dude you've done this for three straight videos now. The first example was fine. Then you lapsed into your usual "commentary". When you start comparing stuff in games that wouldn't work in real life, you're left with a very small list of games that aren't fundamentally wrong. That's why they're games. We play them because they offer experiences that we can't get in the real world.

Know what you'd be left with? By the way? ARMA. And ARMA II.

Casual Shinji:

Treblaine:
Resident Evil 4, american walks into apparently benign village with handgun already drawn

Considering that, the opening sequence has a totally different meaning:

-Leon bursts into home with gun drawn: *speaks foreign gibberish*

-Villager thinks: (holy shit! Some american gangster has broken in! He's got a gun! Is he trying to kill me? Just be cool, no sudden movements and when he realises I'm just a poor humble farmer he'll leave in peace)

-Leon: *walks over, approaching from blind side*

-Villager: (OH HOLY SHIT! I'M GOING TO DIE! I can't bear to face him, I'll turn around the wrong way, see if he has any confederates)

-Leon: "Durka Durka America Speaky, Bush Apollo Creed, Star Wars Rambo... THIS GIRL yadda yadda"

-Villager: (oh sweet jesus, he's some sort of sex offender, he is looking for our young women to kidnap)
in spanish: "I don't understand your language you armed villain! Just leave this place, you are trespassing and threatening me... I... I have a right to defend myself in my own home!"

-Leon: *foreign derka, reaches inside coat again*

-Villager: "I'm sorry... you leave me no choice" (grabs axe that he'd innocently been using to chop wood)

-Leon: "Freeze! Drop the weapon"

-Villager: "Get out of my home you crazy gunman!"

BANG!

-Villager (outside): "oh my god! That weird armed foreigner just ran in there and shot Juan! JUAN! Don't worry! We'll capture your murderer and haul him to the local magistrate and give a fair trial! Jose, quickly run to the village and form a posse, this criminal shall not escape!"

5 days later, Leon is in straight jacket in padded cell.

Leon: "That's what I'm trying to tell you, they were all ZOMBIES! I did nothing wrong and they attacked me, I had no choice but to kill all of them... all 786 of the unarmed villager, even the women... and steal their money and jewellery... and sell them to magic teleporting wizard in a purple cloak for more weapons. Don't you understand! I'm on a mission to save the President's Daughter from Satanists! I'm not crazy! Would a crazy man go on an investigative mission in Spain without any understanding of the local language nor a guide or interpreter! I think not... I speak perfect Spanish: ying tong ying tong yiddle eye pooo! AHH HA HA HA! Ahsley Bush, gotta save her! Gotta save the world! Terrorists! Satanists! Zombies! I'm not the crazy one, you are!"

He's not an ambi-turner. Leave him alone. He also can't read good.

Treblaine:

Casual Shinji:

Treblaine:

Considering that, the opening sequence has a totally different meaning:

-Leon bursts into home with gun drawn: *speaks foreign gibberish*

-Villager thinks: (holy shit! Some american gangster has broken in! He's got a gun! Is he trying to kill me? Just be cool, no sudden movements and when he realises I'm just a poor humble farmer he'll leave in peace)

-Leon: *walks over, approaching from blind side*

-Villager: (OH HOLY SHIT! I'M GOING TO DIE! I can't bear to face him, I'll turn around the wrong way, see if he has any confederates)

-Leon: "Durka Durka America Speaky, Bush Apollo Creed, Star Wars Rambo... THIS GIRL yadda yadda"

-Villager: (oh sweet jesus, he's some sort of sex offender, he is looking for our young women to kidnap)
in spanish: "I don't understand your language you armed villain! Just leave this place, you are trespassing and threatening me... I... I have a right to defend myself in my own home!"

-Leon: *foreign derka, reaches inside coat again*

-Villager: "I'm sorry... you leave me no choice" (grabs axe that he'd innocently been using to chop wood)

-Leon: "Freeze! Drop the weapon"

-Villager: "Get out of my home you crazy gunman!"

BANG!

-Villager (outside): "oh my god! That weird armed foreigner just ran in there and shot Juan! JUAN! Don't worry! We'll capture your murderer and haul him to the local magistrate and give a fair trial! Jose, quickly run to the village and form a posse, this criminal shall not escape!"

5 days later, Leon is in straight jacket in padded cell.

Leon: "That's what I'm trying to tell you, they were all ZOMBIES! I did nothing wrong and they attacked me, I had no choice but to kill all of them... all 786 of the unarmed villager, even the women... and steal their money and jewellery... and sell them to magic teleporting wizard in a purple cloak for more weapons. Don't you understand! I'm on a mission to save the President's Daughter from Satanists! I'm not crazy! Would a crazy man go on an investigative mission in Spain without any understanding of the local language nor a guide or interpreter! I think not... I speak perfect Spanish: ying tong ying tong yiddle eye pooo! AHH HA HA HA! Ahsley Bush, gotta save her! Gotta save the world! Terrorists! Satanists! Zombies! I'm not the crazy one, you are!"

This is officially the new canon story for the game as far as I'm concerned.

Considering this is RESIDENT EVIL, birthplace of the Jill Sandwich and the master of unlocking, I'm suprised there weren't some better examples here. Although I must admit the wrong-way turning man in RE4 did get a chuckle from me.

Azure-Supernova:
Weirdest moment in Resident Evil 4 and you picked the backwards turning Ganado at the start of the game? Not the pitchforked women or the mystery moving sack in the Regenerator prison?

Midget Napoleon gets my vote, what the hell was that about?

I never saw the two you mentioned. I'm glad about that actually, especially the sack in the regenerator prison... that place was terrifying enough.

TBC:
I'm surprised that Chris punching a boulder into lava in Resi 5 wasn't on there...

I expected this to be number one myself. I actually got a good chuckle the first time I played through and saw it. Either way I am enjoying these GinxTV programs and will admit I was thinking they would be a dud when they premiered.

Treblaine:

-Resident Evil 4, american walks into apparently benign village with handgun already drawn

He actually didn't draw it until the first guy attacked him, and he was investigating the kidnapping of the President's daughter.

The weirdest, sickest and funniest moment at the same time is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkhXSO8IYEk

Proverbial Jon:
Considering this is RESIDENT EVIL, birthplace of the Jill Sandwich and the master of unlocking, I'm suprised there weren't some better examples here. Although I must admit the wrong-way turning man in RE4 did get a chuckle from me.

Azure-Supernova:

Midget Napoleon gets my vote, what the hell was that about?

I never saw the two you mentioned. I'm glad about that actually, especially the sack in the regenerator prison... that place was terrifying enough.

I'm am 270% certain that they were trolling us with this list :D

But man that guy was weird. Turning round like that.

BrotherRool:
But man that guy was weird. Turning round like that.

I think I'm going to try this today in a conversation, see what reaction I get.

Frostbite3789:

Treblaine:

He actually didn't draw it until the first guy attacked him, and he was investigating the kidnapping of the President's daughter.

O RLY??

7:41

See, you wouldn't remember that because it is SO out of character of who Leon is supposed to be but he REALLY does start walking into this sleepy benign village with his gun drawn and ready. You can even start randomly shooting shit to get the villagers extra freaked out.

And where did we ever actually get a scene with the President or some other high ranking official in Washington DC give Leon Kennedy these orders... and isn't Leon Kennedy a rookie police officer for a sleepy rural town. He doesn't speak nor understand any Spanish. WHY would they give this one man this highly-sensitive mission?!?!

One possibility is Leon has gone insane and its just his internal monologue that states his mission, as it's entirely imaginary. It's just a possibility though, it could be Leon is insane and it's just everyone else around him who is insane.

I started a thread over this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.351931-Games-where-you-are-the-bad-guy-but-dont-know-it?page=1

So a man turning around the wrong way is the weirdest moment in resident evil?

I beg to differ!

Personally I'd rate Alfred Ashford as the weirdest character and say the weirdest moment is when you errm, ya know... walk in on him wearing a dress, impersonating his sister. I'm sorry but that is by far the freakiest, most terrifying thing in the entire series.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here