Space Janitors: Episode One

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Episode One

Mike Chet and Darby Richards ponder their roles as janitors aboard a space station while under rebel attack. Stay tuned for the rest of the eight episode season to roll out starting in April.

Watch Video

This shows a lot of promise - can't wait to see the rest :)

Really good! Hope to see future episodes.

Wow, finally a new show on the Escapist that I want to watch. And I hope you guys stay on Fridays, because it's probably the weakest day of the week show-wise (with all due respect to Bob and Escape to the Movies...I hardly even watch movies anymore).

Huh, this is really good- unlike a lot of the new series that are being chugged out.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this.

Like the idea. Dialogue was good and I would say that the show has some potential. A bit obviously Star Warsy for my taste, maybe. Liked the Soylent Green reference!

As suspected, it pretty much sucked.

Good stuff guys!

Has a great premise with lots of potential for mischevious hijinks. I eagerly await the next episode.

Interesting stuff!
Look forward to more.

a good watch guys.

I like the red dwarf feel of it.

looks nice. 'at least acknowledge that we're here' was the best part for me.

This was great! " This is Mike Chet, we've got two Squalltroopers ready for soylent." That was the best part.

Like it so far. Feels like it could really have some great material.

Having said that... what is up with this production scale. The size of the credits and the logos involved make me think this is a much larger production then we are used to here on the Escapist. What is the story with this show? Who's behind it and how did it get to the Escapist?

Space Janitors:
Space Janitors: Episode 1

Mike Chet and Darby Richards ponder their roles as janitors aboard a space station while under rebel attack. Stay tuned for the rest of the eight episode season to roll out starting in April.

Watch Video

Love it!

Well paced, and doesn't have all the, "Get it? Huh, get it?!" moments that too many shows out there have. Humor that is understated but absolutely essential, kind of like your protagonists.

Monoochrom:

At least give the people a pointer as to why you think it sucked. I think they deserve as much after trying to entertain you.

OT: I think the fact that i can now almost forgive those banner links on the sides of the site tells that the show was better than i expected it would be. I think i'll keep any eye out in the weeks to come if only to see how this all develops. I'm curious about such things.

I cautiously like. I didn't think I would, but I seems to bear the hallmarks of potential.

Good luck, Gentlemen.

Okay, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic that this is something worth watching. First episode seems somewhat promising.

Good luck gentlemen, I wish you well in the coming episodes.

Mouse_Crouse:

Having said that... what is up with this production scale. The size of the credits and the logos involved make me think this is a much larger production then we are used to here on the Escapist. What is the story with this show? Who's behind it and how did it get to the Escapist?

It's funded by the Canadian government, there should be a little badge on the bottom right of the Space Janitors mini site. They won a contest :)

Avaholic03:
Wow, finally a new show on the Escapist that I want to watch. And I hope you guys stay on Fridays, because it's probably the weakest day of the week show-wise (with all due respect to Bob and Escape to the Movies...I hardly even watch movies anymore).

Thursdays have virtually nothing to watch. It's the weakest day in my opinion.

OT: It's too Star Warsy for me, I'm not fan of Star Wars. That being said though, the dialog was pretty good.

I'm on the fence loosing my balance, but I'm not sure which way I'm going to fall.

Love the humor, the setting and characters. Very interesting camera shots, and even though it has a low budget, the effects don't suck enough for me to want to stop watching.
Nicely done.

Anyone else immediately think Red Dwarf? Because the whole time that was all I could think of.

Mouse_Crouse:

Well the logos were for the "Independant Production Fund" and "Ontario Media Development Corporation". I'm guessing they got some start-up capital to make this show, so they were thanking their supporters. It's not like they had the support of some giant production company or anything.

N.Manth:
a good watch guys.

High Five. Having the slob and the go-getter paired is great, and I agree that it's very much like Lister and Rimmer.

Avaholic03:
Well the logos were for the "Independant Production Fund" and "Ontario Media Development Corporation". I'm guessing they got some start-up capital to make this show, so they were thanking their supporters. It's not like they had the support of some giant production company or anything.

While this clearly isn't a Hollywood movie. Compare it to Loading Ready Run, Pro-Gamer Gauntlet, Top 5 or the like. Those shows are clearly filmed in and around those peoples homes and businesses. Aside from a small setup setup somewhere these aren't really BIG projects with funding and the like. Just stating the production value is markedly high.

Nasrin:
It's funded by the Canadian government, there should be a little badge on the bottom right of the Space Janitors mini site. They won a contest :)

That's kind of what I mean. Most shows here don't HAVE their own mini-site. And those that do (LRR.com) is because they started it before coming to the Escapist. And this is exactly the kind of info I am looking for. Who won this contest? What exactly IS this contest. And how did them winning a Canadian contest land them on the Escapist? I'm just curious about all these things.

first the bad. This was boring as all get out. Two guys talking about their stalled jobs and how they're the lowest of the low? yeah, that's not the comedy gold it should be. Especially because we have no idea who they are or empathize with them at all. RedvsBlue did this quite well, show the characters talking about stupid s*** make us like them then tackle the boring stuff.

The good. This show has gallons of potential. It looks to be really funny in the future. The effects aren't great but add charm to the cheese the show wants to exploit. the costumes were really well done for a spoof. And the actors seem comfortable in the roles they play.

Optimistic, look foward to more.

I get that this is the set-up to something bigger with more characters, etc., but right now all we saw was a couple guys complain about their boring space lives and get ignored by some clients (the rebels).

Hopefully by next episode you'll have something actually happen and add in another character or two to interact with the eponymous space janitors.

Oh I get it, this is the prequel to Space Bar and Dinner in Space... No? Somebody loves space.

You know, someday....I'll be someone worth shooting at.

Certainly caught my eye. I'll be watching this in the future.
Only 8 episodes. Well it'll probably die while its still good. Which is always nice.

N.Manth:
a good watch guys.

I was hoping someone else got that vibe, or it'd have just been weird.

Does look good, can't wait to see how it turns out

Ulquiorra4sama:

Monoochrom:

At least give the people a pointer as to why you think it sucked. I think they deserve as much after trying to entertain you.

OT: I think the fact that i can now almost forgive those banner links on the sides of the site tells that the show was better than i expected it would be. I think i'll keep any eye out in the weeks to come if only to see how this all develops. I'm curious about such things.

Fine

The effects are bad. I didn't want to say it, because it's obvious that they put effort into it, but they ended up with effects that obviously aren't real but are just good enough as to not get a pass by me.

The acting was stale

It wasn't funny, I didn't so much as smile. For instance, they could have had the Camera follow the Rebels for a moment longer to further underline how boring they are, that could have been funny. Seriously, if the joke is that they are so insignificant, then have the rebels practically become front and center the moment they enter, have them talk, have the janitors in the background talking to each other or generally being annoyed by the rebels, something like that. I get that Janitors are insignificant, simply pointing that out doesn't make it funny.

It didn't make much sense. So we have this go getter, who is just looking for a opportunity, yet when said opportunity presents itself he just stands there...yeah.

And the first shot also kind of annoyed me, it's obviously supposed to mirror Star Wars, the problem is that for the spray bottle to be in that perspective he would have to be holding it in a way that is anything but practical. Why would he do that if not to get that precise shot? It's as if they broke the fourth wall unintentionally.

You wanted me to be Nitpicky and go into detail, so there you have it.

Not as good as sci fi janitors not as bad as the star war prequels all in all a good watch!

Ok 1) ARE THOSE SWIFFERS WITH ROOMBAS ON THE END!?
and 2) Love the spartan helmet storm trooper cross over :P
LOVE IT

Mouse_Crouse:

It's from part of the team behind Pure Pwnage.

I was really hoping for a little more "Space Quest" and Roger Wilco.
But! This is worth keeping an eye on.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or