LoadingReadyRun: Spare Us, Gus

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Spare Us, Gus

Listen you guys, edible perennials are serious business.

Watch Video

Boy, that's a lot of asparagus. Never tried it.
I had expected the zinger to be about Mister Spearhead telling Graham to go forth and do his biding/evil, but that works just as well.

Screw you, potatoes indeed.

Lousy potatoes....*shakes fist*

Asparagade...The Asparagus flavoured sports drink of champions.

It wasn't a home run for me, but when the 'off-days' still get a chuckle out of me. I think you can call yourself successful.

There's a Far Side comic of the short-lived Asparagus Truck. Sadly, copyright law makes it impossible to find in a 1 minute Google Image search.

"I cuss, you cuss, we all cuss for asparagus"

I see what you did with the title, clever. I wonder what those two asparaguses said in his head?

I actually feel a little bad for Graham in the stinger :( However another great and witty video as always.

I really want to know what that asparagus said to him

The Gentleman:
There's a Far Side comic of the short-lived Asparagus Truck. Sadly, copyright law makes it impossible to find in a 1 minute Google Image search.

"I cuss, you cuss, we all cuss for asparagus"

Odd, it was pretty easy for me to find. It's not the best looking picture, but it is there.

Scarim Coral:
I see what you did with the title, clever. I wonder what those two asparaguses said in his head?

bobtail123:
I really want to know what that asparagus said to him

He probably moved to start a petition to have the word the word potato changed to "mud wallowing Guinness fuel".

DVS BSTrD:
He probably moved to start a petition to have the word the word potato changed to "mud bathing Guinness fuel".

That is so much better then anything I tried to come up with.

Awesome video LRR and thanks for the new wallpaper.

Zachary Amaranth:
Screw you, potatoes indeed.

Lousy potatoes....*shakes fist*

This is extremely relevant:

OT: Sorry guys... I just finished watching Jim's new... "Video" and all I saw throughout this entire video was phallic symbols.

Shame, Asparagus is one of the few Vegetables I actually enjoy eating. Shame they make your piss smell.

I'm kind of mad that the video didn't end with Gus/Graham angrily biting off the top of the asparagus.

I'd eat deep fried asparagus. I don't think anything deep fried can taste bad.

MrDeckard:
OT: Sorry guys... I just finished watching Jim's new... "Video" and all I saw throughout this entire video was phallic symbols.

asphalligus symbols

"Mr. Spearhead is VERY unahppy."

There is a penis joke here somewhere...

Thanks, Alex and Graham, that was... crazy.

I think the only reason Graham had those glasses were so that he could remove them dramatically.

ewhac:
Thanks, Alex and Graham, that was... crazy.

Just as an FYI.. That Alex is not the Alex Steacy Alex. Alexander Roederer is AlexanderDitto of the LRR forums! He's awesome!

Furthermore, asparagus!

I laughed. A lot. I love asparagus, I'd gladly join Graham in his efforts to put it in all the restaurants (and water. And snacks. And lobsters).

Though, how do you have such fat aspara... asparaguses? (?) In my country, the wild asparagus is pretty thin, like this. I feel ripped of by our nature!

Lizardon:
Awesome video LRR and thanks for the new wallpaper.

Thanks, I was looking forward for someone doing this because I am too lazy to go and do it myself.

What did I just watch?

I love LRR ^^
today is wonderfully not different

That was... different. Not bad, just different.

I could really go for some asparagus right now. Delicious asparagus, queen of vegetables. It's a pity there's so little asparagus awareness in the general community.

Beliyal:
I laughed. A lot. I love asparagus, I'd gladly join Graham in his efforts to put it in all the restaurants (and water. And snacks. And lobsters).

Though, how do you have such fat aspara... asparaguses? (?) In my country, the wild asparagus is pretty thin, like this. I feel ripped of by our nature!

Actually, that was not very good asparagus.
The thin asparagus is much more tender and delicious. All we could find was the thick stuff. Looked better on film anyway, I suppose.

Quite liked this one, having the group's name change every time you mentioned it was a nice touch, and Gus's classy ancestor was brilliant.

Graham_LRR:

Beliyal:

The thin asparagus is much more tender and delicious. All we could find was the thick stuff. Looked better on film anyway, I suppose.

Oh, very well then :D Our nature did not rip us off. I'm sorry, nature, if I offended you.

Graham_LRR:

I'd have to strongly disagree with you there, Graham.

All other factors being equal, the thick asparagus is better. It has a nice, meaty quality. The thin stuff tends to be stringy and insubstantial. Thin asparagus is also symptomatic of an immature asparagus plant. They need several years to mature to the point where they will produce the nice, thick, pleasurable stalks.

That was a perfect dramatic glasses removal, flawlessly executed. You win an oscar.

Also the asparagus with the sticky note face at the end gets a best supporting actor nomination.

Now we'll need a retaliatory video from the committee designing special urinal cakes to eliminate asparagus related odors.

but what about the Ipotato? lol great video guys, loved it

The loneliest man in the world...

I would hate to smell Graham's character's bathroom after a nothing but asparagus diet..

Spare us, indeed. But, it does keep with the abstract comedy feel, so it still gets a B+. Hehe...Idaho jokes.

Aardvaarkman:
...thick, pleasurable stalks.

That was about all I saw when skimming the posts...

dls182:

Aardvaarkman:
...thick, pleasurable stalks.

That was about all I saw when skimming the posts...

The turgidity of a nice fat asparagus stalk is what gives it excellent mouthfeel.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here