Patch Notes

Patch Notes

Guest Strip # 2: Patch Notes

Read Full Article

Heavy is a Spy!

The real Heavy would love the taste of an ammo sandvich.

Daystar Clarion:
Heavy is a Spy!

Now that's a proper Heavy's lunch.

Seriously though, is that a real patch? That's gonna require some tactical re-thinking for Heavy-Medic pairs.

I think this is the first Name Game I just don't get. Though to be fair, it might be because I'm not a TF2 player.

The art looks nice, at least... :/

Bullets did outsmart him!
That sandwich cost about $1400.

It is good artwork but what's with the gears?

Antitonic:
I think this is the first Name Game I just don't get. Though to be fair, it might be because I'm not a TF2 player.

Eating sandwich is how Heavy regains health, but now if he drops it first he only gets ammo. Not that more ammo would be a bad thing for Heavy but it sure is a nasty surprise.

And Heavy doesn't being interupted when eating his sandwich.

Antitonic:

Quick explaination: Heavy players would throw their Sandvich on the floor to gain health quickly for themselves. That got patched out.

Antitonic:

Slightly more in depth explanation. A heavy can either slowly eat his sandwich to replenish his health by 100%, but that would leave him vulnerable as the animation is a few seconds long. The heavy can also drop his sandwich on the floor so other players can walk over it and gain 50% of their health back instantly. Heavies started using this technique shown here in the comic to heal themselves instantly. That is now being patched out.

Cowabungaa:

Daystar Clarion:
Heavy is a Spy!

Now that's a proper Heavy's lunch.

Seriously though, is that a real patch? That's gonna require some tactical re-thinking for Heavy-Medic pairs.

Yes, that is indeed a real patch from a few weeks ago.

OT: Hilarious, and nice art. ^^

A whole new way to look at "eat lead"

Daystar Clarion:
Heavy is a Spy!

Exactly what I thought.

I thought that dropping and picking up the Sandwich just refilled your Sandvich bar again now, not actually giving you ammo in the sense of metal/bullets.

The Gentleman:
A whole new way to look at "eat lead"

"Hi, I'm Matt Hazzard. Come try my new speciality sub, available for a limited time! Subway! Eat fresh... lead."

Cowabungaa:
[quote="Daystar Clarion" post="6.352685.13982809"]

Maybe. I'm pretty sure that the sandwich can still be dropped to actually heal other players though. It just doesn't work on the heavy who dropped it.

Not only is the sandvich made of bullets, it is also made of scrap metal:

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?comic=112210

Geo Da Sponge:
I thought that dropping and picking up the Sandwich just refilled your Sandvich bar again now, not actually giving you ammo in the sense of metal/bullets.

This is correct, it just refills your Sandvich ammo. Sad times for the lone heavies, good news for everyone else in the game!

TheBobmus:

Geo Da Sponge:

This is correct, it just refills your Sandvich ammo. Sad times for the lone heavies, good news for everyone else in the game!

Don't they realise the point of Team Fortress 2 updates is to systematically remove all need for teamwork?! Just look at the Pomson 6000, the Engineer doesn't need anyone else now.

Wow, had no idea about this. Stopped playing TF2 a while ago.

Used to just spam this with the GRU...

This patch made me very sad, now I can't put myself out if I'm on fire.

Luke5515:

Quoted for truth. It was one of the most useful Heavy strategies when lacking a Medic.

Patch is not credit to team.

Z of the Na'vi:

Luke5515:

Quoted for truth. It was one of the most useful Heavy strategies when lacking a Medic.

Patch is not credit to team.

On the other hand, the enemy team's heavies can't drop sandvich for themselves either. :D
Just don't visit the tf2 forum on steam looking for polite and civil discussion on the matter. >.>

DVS BSTrD:
Bullets did outsmart him!
That sandwich cost about $1400.

It is good artwork but what's with the gears?

I'm guessing the gears are metal the Engi uses.

Not a bad comic though. Got me to smile. But I don't play TF2 that much so it's not something I really 'got' or found as funny as someone who's had to deal with self-healing heavies would.

Luke5515:

As annoying as this patch may be, is it really all that hard to run around a corner, and start chompin' for a few seconds? As long as you keep your back to a wall, I've never really discovered too much of a problem with it.

shado_temple:

As annoying as this patch may be, is it really all that hard to run around a corner, and start chompin' for a few seconds? As long as you keep your back to a wall, I've never really discovered too much of a problem with it.

The first problem is eating the sandvich doesn't extinguish you if you're on fire, although that's not a huge deal when you're healed to full. The second problem is the eating animation is pretty loud and perceptive players can hear you and try to attack while you're vulnerable.

By the time I found out picking up sandvitches didn't heal me anymore, I was dead. :(

never did use it that way much but it did come in handy. Oh well shotgun heavy it is

This nerf made me change my strategy. It made the game more challenging. Now I use the "Family Business" shotgun with some of my loadouts and when I do have the Sandvich, I use it to heal my medic.
I was dissapointed at first but it doesn't bother me anymore.

Also, nice comic.

Of course why he would drop it if he was intending to immediately eat it is anyone's guess...

You, yes you. Your art is good. Leelee wins. Get over it.

Antitonic:

We need to fix this my friend.

Redlin5:
We need to fix this my friend.

Well, we'll start with installing Australia-wide Internet service that's halfway good. That way, my ping won't be over 10,000 and my speed will be greater than 3kb/s.

After that, we can talk. :P

Wow, that's kinda stupid.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or