Diablo 3 Beta Key Give Away

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

What exactly are beta bucks?

El Luck:

They're used for the beta auction house as far as I can tell.

I just missed the pubclub contest, so it's nice to get another chance. It's probably the only way Blizzard is gonna get me to play diablo 3 (damn DRM). Good luck everyone!

GeorgW:

El Luck:

I just missed the pubclub contest, so it's nice to get another chance. It's probably the only way Blizzard is gonna get me to play diablo 3 (damn DRM). Good luck everyone!

Fair enough I guess.

Yeah I'm thinking its a no go for me too, for partly the same reason, the other reason was the bullshit excuse they pulled for even putting it on there. Its bad enough to treat your customer like a criminal, but to also treat him like a fucking moron...

Anywho..entered because I wouldn't mind seeing what its like at least, even though it is a beta, but ah well.

GeorgW:

El Luck:

Here you go. Direct from Blizzard :)

"As part of the ongoing Diablo III beta test, a trial version of the currency-based auction house will be available for players to begin using within the beta. Testers will receive 50 Beta Bucks to test the buying and selling of in-game items. The gold-based auction house will be inaccessible to testers during this phase of the beta test, and any currently listed auction items will be returned to the seller."

It's not allowing me to log in to my escapist account on the facebook page. The page just refreshes when I click login and nothing changes (including the box where I'm supposed to log in). Is this a known issue?

ThyNameIsMud:
We're giving away 500 beta keys to our community loaded with 50 Beta Bucks. Enter to win one now!

That was fun. Typed in my e-mail, and though I am not an expert on the Diablo series .. I somehow managed to answer them all using my current knowledge of the series thanks to lurking on the forums discussing Diablo. Really neat to be honest, and I am really thankful you guys are doing this for all the users on here. Very much appreciated indeed.

What's funny is that I struggled with the class question the most but remembered about those 'other' classes that were added later on. Not going to give away the answer of course but I guess that could be a hint if those are allowed otherwise I can edit my post.

woohooo got all of them right , been along time since i played diablo 2 :D

Got'em all right. :)

Though to be fair, I've been replaying D2 a bit, recently..

Participating in this contest requires me to deactivate secure browsing in Facebook and unencrypt my personal data. Why the Escapist chooses Facebook interaction is beyond me.

Thanks but no thanks

Triaed:
Participating in this contest requires me to deactivate secure browsing in Facebook and unencrypt my personal data. Why the Escapist chooses Facebook interaction is beyond me.

Thanks but no thanks

Actually, you can enter without even having a Facebook account.... read the article again.

Shadowsetzer:

Triaed:

Thanks but no thanks

Actually, you can enter without even having a Facebook account.... read the article again.

Though they give away more keys via Facebook, which is kinda stupid, imho.
I, for one will never start using Facebook.

Got all of them quickly except question 2. I tried nearly EVERYTHING I could think of that was logically possible and was about to send a PM to ThyNameIsMud or someone to see if it was a glitch, but then I remembered that item and felt dumb afterwards.

EDIT: Also, don't PM me to have me tell you the answer. I MAY give you a small hint, but that's all.

Lol, I was going to sign up since I want to play D3 for free to confirm that I'll hate it as much as D2, but I know literally none of the answers! I guess this is proof that I should just leave a beta key for someone that would play it for more than 5 mins...

Shadowsetzer:

Triaed:

Thanks but no thanks

In order to include our entire community, we are running TWO separate and concurrent giveaways. One is on our site that does not require ANY Facebook interaction, and the second is on our Facebook page through an embedded app wholly built and run by The Escapist. If you chose not to access Facebook, you can enter to our on-site contest at the bottom of the page here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/Diablo3BetaGiveaway

Could answer all of them on the Facebook quiz, but no matter what I think of I can't answer question 2 on Escapist quiz. damnit

Managed to answer all of them on the Facebook quiz... But couln't get the 2nd question on the Escapist's one.

Easy questions IMO. I hope I get one of them keys.

Hariel Pereira:
Managed to answer all of them on the Facebook quiz... But couln't get the 2nd question on the Escapist's one.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.352892-Diablo-3-beta-competition-quiz-problems

This is why you can't get question 2 on the escapist one. Hopefully they fix the code some time soon.

Shadowsetzer:

Triaed:

Thanks but no thanks

I stand corrected. Thank you
You can actually participate directly from the Escapist, I saw the invitation through FB first and that was the only way to participate with the links provided there. Although I was wrong, more clarity can be provided. It is also bad if, in fact, they reserve more keys to be given away in a social site than here as Bakan mentioned

KillerN:
Could answer all of them on the Facebook quiz, but no matter what I think of I can't answer question 2 on Escapist quiz. damnit

see my previous post

interesting: Disabled javascript : re-enabled javascript. Win.

I can't figure out how to get Facebook to not be encrypted. Already changed settings in account settings and I've got no add-ons that force encryption, so I have no idea why it won't let me do the Facebook one too.

EDIT: Nevermind, just used a different browser that allowed HTTP, we're good.

Triaed:

Shadowsetzer:

Triaed:

Thanks but no thanks

I stand corrected. Thank you
You can actually participate directly from the Escapist, I saw the invitation through FB first and that was the only way to participate with the links provided there. Although I was wrong, more clarity can be provided. It is also bad if, in fact, they reserve more keys to be given away in a social site than here as Bakan mentioned

It's probably for marketing purposes, to bring more people to the site or get more users on Facebook to advertise the site. Which is reasonable.

OT: I don't know if I should bother entering since my laptop is a piece of sh*t.

I submitted for both on the site and on Facebook.

I wish you all of you who signed up for this good luck.

Allow me to say this right now. If you do not know the answer to a question, just open a tab and look it up, don't give up on your chance to get a beta key because it's not the right thing to do.

Imo questions should've been a bit more like the currency one, that requires actual knowledge and is a bit more demanding than typing in Google two words...

Just submitted cause I missed out on the PubClub give away. Good luck to all.

ThyNameIsMud:
SNIP

It's not exactly on topic, but I was looking at your avatar while listening to "You Shook Me All Night Long" by ACDC and it fit perfectly.

Did the little quiz. Coming off nearly a decade of diablo II it wasn't hard. Was expecting something more involved when it said 'lore' and probably would have done well. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Great Contest, thanks

Great contest. It's good that winners are chosen in random way. And not to the ones who were quickest to answer the questions.

Quite easy questions though. IMHO at least. 15 years of playing Diablo 1 & 2 probably helped a lot. :)

The facebook page isn't allowing HTTPS browsing, why not ?

Please allow HTTPS o.O; because it's a legitimate security concern.

Never played any of the diablo games and i got the answers from google easily, i'll feel pretty bad if i win a key over a hardcore fan.

lol those questions were sooo easy :( ...

Hope I win a key!! Thanks for the opportunity!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here