Best Animation Style Ever

Pages PREV 1 2

Rarhnor:
Noted.
I did take it into consideration in my post, but its probably not as clear though. Sorry. It was the actual implementation that I put emphasis on, like using the monologue to over-explain things. Things that COULD be told through the art.
I don't really know why they keep doing though. My uneducated guess is that it is because anime are usually adapted from manga (almost directly), which arguably need the monologue.

It's just that... well, I haven't noticed that. And this isn't from a hardcore "ALL ANIME IS GREAT" fan, I mean... from all the anime I've watched, I have never noticed this; at least not prominently enough to call it a trend. I'm genuinely shocked that someone else has made this observation.

I don't know. Maybe you've just not watched the anime I have. But I'm slightly surprised. ...I mean, I know there's a LOT of lazy anime, but it never occurred to me that they relied on monologue for exposition. Who knows.

Andy of Comix Inc:

Rarhnor:
Noted.
I did take it into consideration in my post, but its probably not as clear though. Sorry. It was the actual implementation that I put emphasis on, like using the monologue to over-explain things. Things that COULD be told through the art.
I don't really know why they keep doing though. My uneducated guess is that it is because anime are usually adapted from manga (almost directly), which arguably need the monologue.

It's just that... well, I haven't noticed that. And this isn't from a hardcore "ALL ANIME IS GREAT" fan, I mean... from all the anime I've watched, I have never noticed this; at least not prominently enough to call it a trend. I'm genuinely shocked that someone else has made this observation.

I don't know. Maybe you've just not watched the anime I have. But I'm slightly surprised. ...I mean, I know there's a LOT of lazy anime, but it never occurred to me that they relied on monologue for exposition. Who knows.

I've watched plenty. To be fair though, I watched Katanagatari since my first post, which does actually do the "art tells the story" thing (quite good aswell). So yeah, maybe its a coincidence that I haven't bumped into the "visual storytelling" as often as I should. Who knows.

Rarhnor:
I've watched plenty. To be fair though, I watched Katanagatari since my first post, which does actually do the "art tells the story" thing (quite good aswell). So yeah, maybe its a coincidence that I haven't bumped into the "visual storytelling" as often as I should. Who knows.

There is a lot of anime, makes sense I guess... I'd wager you haven't read the same comic books as me, definitely not all the same videogames as me - or anyone else for that matter. These things have huge wells of both good and bad content and I guess it's inappropriate to judge anything a as a trend based on what is a relatively small handful of examples.

Mmmm I really think they should have gotten a better person to portray anime, and even if they did, like the shows title there is no right answer because these two styles are vastly diffrent in almost every way. And I mostly agree with what people have already said on this forum well the sensable ones anyways, So I'll just leave my favorite anime for Dan to at least think about watching Mushishi, Eden of the East since this is a building story with 13 episode and two movies watch everything, baka and test, case closed in epic in my opionion all you really need to see is the first an second episode and you get gist of it after, Hetalia, and ummm maybe ghost in the shell you could just watch the movie but there are some filler episodes that are fun to watch.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here