Zero Punctuation: NeverDead

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

NeverDead

This week, Zero Punctuation review NeverDead.

Watch Video

Just like AMY, a good idea executed shitly, but not as bad.

An excellent attempt but failed to execute properly... into an empty Olympic pool.

Still, best explanation for regening health in the last year.

You would be cynical too if killed the same demon over and over again.

Neverheard of this game. Sounds like it would be better if it were Nevermade.

I hoped you'd do this one this week, and I was not disappointed. Absolutely brilliant!

I remember a game like this that was called Stubbz The Zombie. That game was great, this one, eh.

Oh my god! If the bugs were worked out of the gameplay mechanics by a competent studio, I could see this turning into a really fun Deadpool-like game. Seriously, the gimmick is sort of funny and works perfectly for his character while making use if his immortality.... And now I want it made. lol

Definitely not mediocrity bad :)
I guess not enough AAA titles in Q1 of 2012.

"Get in the fucking sack"

Reminds me of Dara O'Briain.

Man I'd like to watch this video right now
But apparently so does everyone else on the PLANET has the same idea.

Bees, my God!
How they managed to fail so hard at implementing such an interesting concept leaves me absolutely...

*puts on sunglasses*

...Stumped

Over-enthusiastically acknowledging the mention of an obscure oldschool game I've played!!! (decap attack)

Never even heard of this game until now. Well gotta give the development team credit for trying to do something original. Pity it was just poorly executed.

Yes, Neverdead has moments of extreme irritation and frustration associated with certain mechanics i.e. getting decapitated by a slight breeze. Despite that though, I did find the game entertaining enough to stick it out to the end. Not a great game, but something definitely worth playing.

WTF WHY NO MASSEFFECT 3?

yahtzee i quit your show forever okay

SteelStallion:
WTF WHY NO MASSEFFECT 3?

anyone who pays attention to his show would know that games release much later in Australia than they do pretty much everywhere else.

This game still sounds as great as it sounded at last year's E3. I want to play it, I think I the "porly executed" part might actually be in a minority as opposed to the "fun, creative and funny" part. I'm even more curious to find that out now, hope I'm not wrong about it.

porpoise hork:

SteelStallion:
WTF WHY NO MASSEFFECT 3?

anyone who pays attention to his show would know that games release much later in Australia than they do pretty much everywhere else.

And even then, it's about 2-4 weeks between release and review, depending on how busy Yahtzee is. Portal 2 had to wait 3 weeks and there was massive buzz about that.

Never heard of this game before today, and I'll probably forget about it by tomorrow. Geez, it's a slow start to the new year in terms of games.

porpoise hork:

SteelStallion:
WTF WHY NO MASSEFFECT 3?

In addition, anyone who pays attention to his show would know that he does episodes one or two weeks in advance of them actually being uploaded, what with playing the game, scripting, animating, and recording.

As Mass Effect 3 came out yesterday in the states -

SteelStallion:
WTF WHY NO MASSEFFECT 3?

And doesn't come out until the 8th in Australia, there is no possible way that Yahtzee would have been able to do an episode on it. In fact, there's probably a good chance he won't do Mass Effect 3 next week either.

EDIT: Oh right, on topic: Very amusing. I had forgotten about this game, which did sound like it had an amusing and unique gimmick for once. Too bad it was executed so badly. Poor or frustrating gameplay is something that will really turn me off of a game.

Never heard of this........ I might have to investigate.

The problem with the wood-chipper idea is that prolonged cannibalism causes severe shakes (it would be like having a constant mild seizure) and vastly increases the likelihood of food poisoning.

Eldritch Warlord:
The problem with the wood-chipper idea is that prolonged cannibalism causes severe shakes (it would be like having a constant mild seizure) and vastly increases the likelihood of food poisoning.

Even if you don't eat human brains that have been infected with anything?

T3hSource:
I guess not enough AAA titles in Q1 of 2012.

In the space of the last two weeks I've beaten Binary Domain, Syndicate and Asura's Wrath, all of them brand new releases. There's plenty of current AAA stuff for Croshaw to sink his teeth into.

For some reason the video page kept loading more and more empty space to the bottom causing the video to lag pretty bad. Anyone know why?

Anyway, I saw this at a store today and was thinking about buying it, but since ME3 is released soon I didn't go for it. Judging from the review I didn't miss out on a lot.

Anyone getting audio problems with this episode? My right ear feels lonely.

Oh, Decapattack. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who played that game.

funny fact - rino piss is not that bad. i was once pissed on by a rino in a zoo (it was like it shot it from a hose) and it didnt smell or anything. oh and the game has the "Never Dead" song by Megdeth!!!

I've been looking forward to this review. I wanted to play it cuz it sounded like a clever game mechanic. I played it for a couple of hours then put it back in the Gamefly sleeve and sent it back the next day. Yes it really is that bad.

I fully agree with the hessian sack/cricket bat approach to game design and wish to see it implemented on all AAA meetings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI-Uu94vINg

Think someone got a little influence from Dara O'Briain :D. This game did look alright though, liked the theory of it anyway.

I was hoping he would play this game. It's a game that wanted to be cool. But i'm sure it has a cult following.

Yay decap attack reference!

How come Team Hollywood is uploading this video instead of Yahtzee himself?

I sure as hell wouldn't call Superman 64 "functional."

Get in the fucking sack:

:D

It is an brilliant saying xD
Someone thinks or does something stupid: get in the fucking sack.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here