Miracle of Sound: Binary Divide (The Darkness 2)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Binary Divide (The Darkness 2)

Torn in binary divide, everything I love has died.

Watch Video

Awesome as always; liking the heavier feel. Bit disapointed that you didn't have a guest appearance from Mike Patton doing the Darkness voice.

awsome souce a great hit as allways

How did the video footage not have the XP numbers popping up?

Wow, you've been busy, I was expecting today's song to be "Take It Back." Great song as always, though I think I prefer "Take It Back."

Zhukov:
How did the video footage not have the XP numbers popping up?

I turned off as much of the UI and HUD as I could, though a few elements appear to be hard coded to appear no matter what.

Sir, that's both fu*king amazing and (like usual) something new in your repertoire.
You're really something...

Damn, that was dark, and totally awesome! Your vocal range never ceases to impress me, it seems. Five bloodsoaked stars.

Well you've certainly Souled me on this game Miracle.

alrekr:
Awesome as always; liking the heavier feel. Bit disapointed that you didn't have a guest appearance from Mike Patton doing the Darkness voice.

Sorry, I lost his number.

How's your throat after doing those vocals?

Where's the headbanging emoticon when you need it?

*My reaction after going on The Escapist, seeing your video featured showing The Darkness II as it's cover.*

*My reaction after watching the entire video*

OT: I am already downloading this song into my MP3 because it's that amazing. Besides from the Dead Space song you made awhile back techno based in a good fashion- I was blown and love this song. I'm a big fan of the first The Darkness game, and plan on getting this game soon. The song, style, singing, .. well, everything was better then I could of hoped for. You rock my good sir, never let that spirit of yours be down when making music. Because that holds talent, you.. have true talent :}!!

As much as I like this song, I'm thankful for the lyrics accessible below the video. Can barely understand half the words, but I guess that's a metal thing? Anyway, great song, it somehow reminds me of New Black Gold. Also a plus, I think.

EDIT: The words are a lot clearer the 7th or 8th time, so maybe it was my ears that were the problem.

not a fan of the game, but this was an awesome song, and you really condensed the bits of story that i might find interesting into the video. i am ever convinced that no genre is out of your ability. now i want to listen to dethklok.

MiracleOfSound:

alrekr:

Sorry, I lost his number.

Hey he should be calling you not the other way round.

Even though the thrashing voice isn't my general cup of tea, this was incredibly adequate for the game, considering I haven't played it but going by the action shot in the video (which I wonder why it wasn't behind those age check points for all the gore). It was one very powerful song and the clean chorus seems like glimpses of Jackie struggling to fight against the Darkness in him. Very good use of the contrast there.

Great job, Gav! The crass contrast between verses and chorus is definitely a point in this song's favour, not to mention the chorus itself kicks all kinds of ass.
Also, liked the references to the first game in the lyrics, and that nod to Patton ("Faith will follow me no more") was pretty clever. :D
Side note: Did you enjoy Patton's portrayal of The Darkness more in the first or the second game? I thought it was better in the first one.

Now take the rest of the evening off and do whatever it takes to restore your vocal chords, that growling must've played hell on them. ^^°

The chorus totally sells Estacado´s POV. The demonic growls fit perfectly in the heavy metal theme. This song is a nice "fuck off" to anyone who keeps complaining that Gavin has no vocal range. Great job, man.

I must add that MiracleOfSound´s videos sell these games better than their actual marketing campaigns. I wasn´t interested in buying this game (although i kinda like the comic) but now i might check it out.

Awesome. I didn't expect that at all, but I liked it.

marcogodinho:
I must add that MiracleOfSound´s videos sell these games better than their actual marketing campaigns.

Well said.

As a metal fan, that was awesome
As a drummer, I love the way the double kicks lock in with the guitar riffs. Great job!

Not a screamo fan but i still liked the lyrics a tremendous amount. Very well written back and forth between the darkness and him.

Certain elements of the melody reminds me a whole lot of Arch Enemy's song Nemesis, might as well have something to do with parts of your singing sounding a whole lot like Angela Gossow (meant in a good way but take it however you feel). What's most amazing is the variety of your voice, since I really wasn't expecting this.

As a metal fan I can tell you hands down that you did a beyond excellent job with the music, and the lyrics are great (though I have not played the game so part of it is lost there, excellent nevertheless). Also is it your new beauty singing in this song?

hmmm, looks like the darkness 2 could give deadspace a run for it's for it's money for the hardcore gorenagraphy award...

It's not really my kind of music, but it got the feel right. Gavin has definitely mastered incorporating game quotes and general themes.

The funny thing is Mike Patton (the voice of the Darkness) could in theory do his own song as he was the replacement vocalist for Faith No More...

Two in one week, who's been a busy boy!

Classic as always, loving the return to some heavy hitters

Nice work, as usual, Gavin. :)

I was poking through your encore written articles, curious what kind of setup you use, as someone who really loves music tech and kit (both hardware and software). Most of my work is from field recording + DSP foley / sound design focus, but I'm always interested how people approach their tasks.

From your articles, I got that you use Cubase and Ableton for recording and composition. Obviously, you play guitar and either play or program synths proficiently; occasionally get a guest artist in like for the saxophone bit.

I don't need a item by item breakdown or anything, but I'm curious what kind of Monitors / Mixer / Audio interface you're using for recording and what favorite software or hardware you supplement it with.

I'd guess that as a guitar playing producer, you've got a lot more experience with axes, amps and pedals. Speaking of software, do you use Guitar Rig or Amplitube or Izotope's Trash for your guitar tracks?

For myself, I use Mackie HR824 studio monitors in conjunction with the inevitable and (now very affordable) 1604 VLZ mixer. Edriol UA-25 audio/midi interface, but also use a M Audio MIDIsport 4x4 for more connections to hardware synths.

Software wise, I use FL 10 as my main DAW, and Native Instruments Komplete (perticularly Reaktor) for writing tunes (heavily electronic). Lot of other miscellaneous plugins and what not too.

Anyway, thanks in advance if you take the time to indulge my curiosity. I find music production and associated technology very interesting.

Haven't played the game, but I felt possibly appropriately divided on this one. Liked the human sections, not at all fond of the sections that had to hurt your throat. But then, I'm just not into that kind of music at all, so take that for what it's worth. Enjoyed the reasonable parts though, those were pretty good.

Sweet Jesus that was dark!

I really liked what you did with the singing styles between the two, totally fit.

Really liked this one.

That was an interesting one...Normally I'm not one for this style of song, but as I was listening this song really started to grow on me...When it hit "Torn in binary divide" I became hooked...Makes me actually want to go and figure out more about The Darkness's story so I know what its talking about...

So in conclusion, Amazing work as usual!

Wow, really nice stuff. I was quite unsure about how you dealt with the Darkness spoken lyrics at first, but they definitely grew on me. I'll be honest you had me completely won over by the 'Torn in binary divide...'. Very nice growls, fun contrasting with your normal singing voice. I quite liked the way that you sort of separated the feel of the song in two, like Jackie and the Darkness (and, you know, the title. >_>).
Anyway. Excellent work Gav! Another great song.

Also, congrats on Take It Back. Just in case you haven't heard that already. :P

This made me jizz repeatedly. Gotta love that 90s metal style. Dem synths too <3

Ah, I really wish I had the money to buy your songs. For now, I'll have to be restricted to supporting you through sheer page views, though. Damnable joblessness.

I'd even say I prefer this to Take It Back, and Take It Back was really good.

cricket chirps:
Not a screamo fan but i still liked the lyrics a tremendous amount. Very well written back and forth between the darkness and him.

Calling metal screamo tends to drive metal fans like me and Gav up the wall, btw. ;) Just because it has screaming doesn't mean it's called screamo, screamo's a rather crap and wimpy subgenre of something else entirely. This is more thrash/death metal.

OVERDEFINING METAL FAN AWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or