Trailers: Ridge Racer Unbounded - Trailer

Ridge Racer Unbounded - Trailer

All this trailer needs is more car explosions.

Watch Video

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This is NOT Ridge Racer.

I mean, if this game was released under any other title, I probably wouldn't care. Heck, it does look kinda fun. But as someone who actually really enjoys the series (and I'm probably one of the few here who does), this... this just... ugh... it's just too disgusting to see a franchise you love torn apart and turned into something it isn't like this.

Skywolf09:

It kind of looks like a shinier version of one of the PS2/early 360 NFS titles crossed possibly with Burnout.

So yeah, my first thought was "not Ridge Racer."

It also manages to look like ass compared to RR7, a fucking PS3 launch title. RR7 happens to be one of only a dozen or so PS3 games that actually runs in native 1920 x 1080p with no upscaling.

Skywolf09:

I mean, if this game was released under any other title, I probably wouldn't care. Heck, it does look kinda fun. But as someone who actually really enjoys the series (and I'm probably one of the few here who does), this... this just... ugh... it's just too disgusting to see a franchise you love torn apart and turned into something it isn't like this.

I'll third that. This ain't Ridge Racer.

I fell in love with R4's original style, music, and its nod to NAMCO history. I tuned into Ridge City FM in Ridge Racer V. Ridge Racer 64 had some horrible physics balancing issues, didn't like that, but it was still a Ridge Racer game.

NAMCO, why don't you just give this game its own original title?

I'm pretty sure that's a burnout map in there.

ridge racer is now burnout?

also:

http://sonyflopswithridgeracer.ytmnd.com/

you can see in this tread:
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/82167/its-ridge-racer-riiiiiiiidge-racer-nsf56k

how ridge racer has become even more dull.

So if we gave Street Fighter characters guns and put them into a gears of war style game, it would still be Street Fighter right?... "WRONG!"

This game is nothing like Ridge Racer, a game of finesse, speed and skill..
Gone is the finesse, now you just smash everything in your way?..

Not Ridge Racer!

Heck, add some zombies and you've got Carmageddon!

Ridge Racer: Things go boom!

Coming soon to a console near you.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or