Trailers: Dracula: The Last Sanctuary - Trailer

Dracula: The Last Sanctuary - Trailer

This game is totally ripping off Twilight.

Watch Video

Wait, is this game older than Twilight? I swore I saw this came out earlier in 2000 or late 1990. o.O

Voltano:
Wait, is this game older than Twilight? I swore I saw this came out earlier in 2000 or late 1990. o.O

Props, the reason why it will suck? :)

But really this looks terrible and by that I don't only mean the gfx. I've read the book and there is some weird shit going on in a game that is called "faithful" to the book...

Anyway I'm not going to bother with this one!

Voltano:

2001. It is Mac OS only :P Shows how good Macs are really :P

Birdhermes:

But really this looks terrible and by that I don't only mean the gfx. I've read the book and there is some weird shit going on in a game that is called "faithful" to the book...

"faithful" is used so often that it has almost no real meaning.

don't you just love trailers that do not show a single bit of gameplay?

well it might be a standard point and klick adventure.
such an old game.
i think someone uploaded the wrong trailer. perhaps he tried to upload the trailer for the sequel?

edit:

ah its the old game but for machintosh computers.
damn thats a long time to import a pc/ps game to mac systems.

rhizhim:
*le snip*

Heh. And here I was thinking of how this game must have gotten its prerendering technology from the PS One era.

Wow, you'd think if they were going to rerelease this they'd have updated the graphics a bit.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Why re-release this shitty old game? It didn't have great sales, critical reception, innovation, or cutting edge technology back then, so why would it now?

This was the point and click adventure game that made me quit point and click adventure games forever!

None of the puzzles made a lick of sense because the developers worked with crazy moon logic taught from crazy moon school.

Erik Wolpaw of Old Man Murray, Psychonauts, Portal 1 & 2, and Team Fortress fame wrote a lengthy essay describing the crazy-implausible scenarios that plagued these games (url below).

http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/77.html

This Dracula game pushed the words "crazy" and "implausible" to the next level. One of its puzzles that will forever be ingrained in my head in this game goes like this:

*I, the player had to take out a big furry monster.
*The monster sees me and can leap like the Hunters from Left 4 Dead but politely waits for me to kill it.
*There is a cannon with several barrels of what could be gunpowder in it and I have matches.

What did I have to do? Something logical such as open the barrels of gunpowder, place said gunpowder into the cannon (or paper wrap first) and light that? Nope. Instead the puzzle goes like this.

*I must gather up snow, a bucket, and planks of wood.
*Fill the bucket with snow, then pour it into the cannon barrel along with the cannonball.
*Place wood underneath the cannon and light it.
*Wait for water to boil.
*Boiling water then causes a Steam explosion

In my world a bucket's volume of boiling water may force an object to slowly and slightly displace as the water rises and turns into vapor. At worst case scenario steam would violently vent out or cause a small explosion that may send something flying a few feet before plummeting to the ground. In the universe the developers live on, there's no need for gunpowder, C4, semtex, dynamite, and ANFO because a small amount of heated water has enough energy to send an 80 pound object flying hundreds of feet.

Keep in mind that this monster can leap like the Hunters from Left 4 Dead and sees the player. Yet it still patiently waits for the player to point a cannon at it, load said cannon, and boil some water.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here