Space Janitors: Behind the Scenes Episode Two

Behind the Scenes Episode Two

In this second instalment of Ely Henry's Behind the Scenes videos on the making of Space Janitors we meet Brendan Halloran (Darby Richards) and learn a bit about Mike Chet, the supportive buddy of the most ambitious janitor in The Empire.

Watch Video

Two behind the scenes videos, one episode. How can you hope to have enough people to be interested in the series when there's only been one 4 minute episode. The pilot looked like it had potential and I am interested to see more but come on guys, a bit of actual content would be nice.

It also seems a bit counter productive(and lazy) to give information on the characters before they've had any significant screen time, I like to find out about characters by watching the show, not by a brief synopsis.

Yeah, I was about to say...should the behind the scenes come out after the second episode? It looks interesting from the pilot but...dunno just not interested in the behind the scenes stuff until I become enamored with the original product usually.

Isn't there at least a way to do this in character or something? I get that making videos with special effects and all is expensive and time-consuming, but seriously. The actress in the next video hasn't even appeared in the show yet!

I had decent hopes for the series with the first episode, even if I thought it was kind of lackluster. It's these lethargic interview and clip shows that are really dragging things down. Is it going to be the actress playing her or -- finally -- an actual episode next time? I really hope it's an episode.

Hey guys! Thanks for all your feedback! The official launch of episode two is mid-April. In the meantime we thought we'd put out some fun videos in case you are interested in checking out how the show came together.

That makes some sense then. I guess people were expecting the series to start right up. A whole month is a little while to wait. Maybe some bones and tidbits as to what we can expect in the future would be helpful as we have ZERO clue as to what this series is about other than the boring lives of two not-Imperial janitors on the not-Death Star.

I dont mean to undermine or belittle this but...can these "behind the scenes" videos actually go into depth on something at all? So far you have only restated things that were LITERALY word for word stated in the pilot episode. This is making them come off as "Very unnecessary"

ElyHenry:
Hey guys! Thanks for all your feedback! The official launch of episode two is mid-April. In the meantime we thought we'd put out some fun videos in case you are interested in checking out how the show came together.

Mid-April? What the heck?

Why don't you make the series, and then show it on a weekly basis. It's not like this is the Godfather, or some epic miniseries, it's a little comedy show. Sounds like this will be like watching a single episode of Red Dwarf spread across 6 months.

How about you people do a serial about people doing serial about space janitors? You definitely have more futage of that.
Though i hope all this time was spent on some realy cool stuff and 2nd episode will be awesome.

again a behind the scene episode?? please, we want to see the real thing. you can show the behind the scenes stuff separate.

While i dont mind waiting for the episodes, the behind the scenes in my opinion is done badly. you could definitely improve on that. But ill keep watching, if only for how text-book nerd the host is.

I love the show's concept and the first episode got me interested, but I'd rather wait until the first half or all of the first series was shot, then shown weekly or bi-weekly instead of having months between episodes.

I didn't realise it was going to be this long between eps. Looks like it means Ill have to rewatch episode one nearer the time.

As for releasing these behind the scene videos... meh. I only tend to watch behind-the-scene stuff on a series Ive become heavily interested in. This video has just dulled my interest in this series tbh.

I hope ep2 blows me away though and builds on that spark that we saw in Ep1.

Till April ? Are you serious ? I expected them to come out weekly. Surely with the short length of your episodes.

Well I'm not known for my patience so I will stop checking back then. And I don't think Im the only one.

Guys, mellow out a tick. IT'S GOING TO SPACE! ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LkusicUL2s start at 1:30) Sorry--couldn't resist how appropriate that comment is for a show staged in space. How many shows have we seen where the producers wanted to test the waters a little bit before blowing a sizable budget on follow-up episodes? How many shows on The Escapist have adjusted to forum feedback to give the viewers more of what they want?

A few. The answer is a few. Be patient. This show has promise. Promise.

I'm really not interested in seeing any behinds the scenes stuff until after I've watched the item in question. That would be after a film or after the end of a season's run. Here's why:

- I want to learn about the characters/events by watching them, not by being told about them.
- I don't want to learn information that would spoil *anything* (sets/plot/scenes/visual effects). It's best when the visual experience speaks for itself.
- Immersion. I want to *believe* (well, just suspend disbelief) in the story occurring. I don't want to be thinking "Hey that guy's real name is Josh, who just finished drama school" or "They did well with the greenscreen that was on that wall" when watching. It destroys some of the magic.
- If I don't end up liking the experience, then I don't want to waste/have wasted my time learning a bunch of behind the scenes stuff.

I mean seriously, who wants to look BEHIND the scenes before they've even seen the scenes themselves?

I know it might be exciting for the production team, while all this is in the works, but I would much prefer they hold off on all this material until after the series is at least under way.

Danarok:
I'm really not interested in seeing any behinds the scenes stuff until after I've watched the item in question. That would be after a film or after the end of a season's run. Here's why:

- I want to learn about the characters/events by watching them, not by being told about them.
- I don't want to learn information that would spoil *anything* (sets/plot/scenes/visual effects). It's best when the visual experience speaks for itself.
- Immersion. I want the *believe* (well, just suspend disbelief) in the story occurring. I don't want to be thinking "Hey that guy's real name is Josh, who just finished drama school" or "They did well with the greenscreen that was on that wall" when watching. It destroys some of the magic.
- If I don't end up liking the experience, then I don't want to waste/have wasted my time learning a bunch of behind the scenes stuff.

I mean seriously, who wants to look BEHIND the scenes before they've even seen the scenes themselves?

I know it might be exciting for the production team, while all this is in the works, but I would much prefer they hold off on all this material until after the series is at least under way.

Echoing these sentiments - not-one wants a magician to show them how he does his tricks, especially not before he does them!

Also, I think having a month turn-around time is too slow for an internet series. Call me impatient, or spoilt, but the guys making money on youtube have done so by pulling the stops and dedicating the necessary time to build the audience and produce consistent quality for them... I dunno what you've got going on (not a fan of 'behind the scenes' for series I'm not invested in), but I'm just a little confused about your scheduling.

Get on with the episodes. How can you guys expect us to still be interested in the storyline after one episode and nothing but behind the scenes since?

I really don't want to see behind the scenes for something until I've seen it.

seriously, who cares about the behind the scenes when we haven't had a chance to care about what's going on? these guys making the show take themselves WAYYYY too seriously and assume what they made is pure gold. get over yourselves, sheesh

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here