Trailers: MechWarrior Online - GDC Trailer

MechWarrior Online - GDC Trailer

This looks so much better than Real Steel.

Watch Video

Have. My. Babies.

All of them.

This deserves more comments on just how nice those mechs look even as they get slagged.

Looks GREAT!!!! Lasers could use some work, but everything other then that looks amazing! I can't WAIT for it to come out!

Mariena:
Have. My. Babies.

All of them.

Why oh WHY do you plagiarize my mind and steal my comment?!

A Mechwarrior MMO? There is no way this could be as good as the old games...

:Watches Video:

O.O!

Pardon me.. I think I need to change my underwear now...

Okay then...looks like I may have to break my personal rule against playing MMOs. Although I hope the final game ends up with more chassis and weapon varation than what was shown in the trailer (I'm sure it will).

*Hears about new mechwarrior game*
"Hell yes! I've been waiting for this!"

*Hears it's an mmo*
"Aw, ****. I knew it was too good to be true"

*reads more about it*
"Ok, I guess it could be good after all."

*watches GDC trailer*
"omg omg omg"

Looks really slow paced to me. Sure, it's faster paced than your average MMO, but way slower paced than your average shooter. As a non-mech fan, this trailer certainly didn't peak my interest in the genre :P

The publisher isn't EA, Sony, or Activision! Ok, time to get excited!

Avaholic03:
Okay then...looks like I may have to break my personal rule against playing MMOs. Although I hope the final game ends up with more chassis and weapon varation than what was shown in the trailer (I'm sure it will).

They have concept art up for the Commando, Centurion, Dragon and Catapult up on their site, so those 4 mechs should be in it at least. According to an interview Piranha gave at GDC, there will be chassis variants and the ability to customise your mech if none of those work for you.

KILGAZOR:
Looks really slow paced to me. Sure, it's faster paced than your average MMO, but way slower paced than your average shooter. As a non-mech fan, this trailer certainly didn't peak my interest in the genre :P

Hmm, you want faster paced do you?

Well, I must say that this looks pretty good. Looks like it'll be a great MMO and mech game. Not gonna lie though, I think the Hawken gameplay videos have spoiled me, since this seems kinda slow for me.

But whatever, still looks awesome!

If this game is anything like the original MechWarrior games, then it will be as boring as watching paint dry by todays standards of gaming. I hope they do something really good with the combat system other than, point my laser at body part until it falls off.

Looks nice, much like Tribes:Ascend when it first demo in a vid... however..T:A is now a Pay2Win game with unbalanced weaponry that forces players to pay money to even compete... and that's just a load out based FPS, but Mech is TOTALLY WEAPON DEPENDENT, imagine, you are fighting in battle using an Orion, ans then some Madcat showed up with MAAAD PPC/MAAAAAD cooler, starts to spam PPCs chopping all your team mates' leg off, and turned to you, luckily, you have Anti-PPC armor, that you spent weeks earn, but then, it fired a barrage of missiles at you, doing MASSIVE DAMAGE, the typ of missile that you were sure Madcats wouldn't be able to carry, not with all that PPC already... but then, he's a paid VIP player, who BOUGHT exsclusive Mech, perks, weapons, and CRAZY LOADS OS COOLERS... still looking forward to this game... after T:A... I donno...

Man that looks awesome.

KILGAZOR:

Thing is the Mechwarrior series isn't just about pointing a gun at another mech and shooting. It's about resource management, customizing loadouts, and tactical firefights rather than strict twitch gameplay.

Hawken looks to me more fast paced/fps style. Both games look crazy good!

I NEEEED THAT NOOOOOW!!!! I've always loved Mechwarrior games, and it's been soooo loooong... Can't WAIT!

punipunipyo:
Looks nice, much like Tribes:Ascend when it first demo in a vid... however..T:A is now a Pay2Win game with unbalanced weaponry that forces players to pay money to even compete... and that's just a load out based FPS, but Mech is TOTALLY WEAPON DEPENDENT, imagine, you are fighting in battle using an Orion, ans then some Madcat showed up with MAAAD PPC/MAAAAAD cooler, starts to spam PPCs chopping all your team mates' leg off, and turned to you, luckily, you have Anti-PPC armor, that you spent weeks earn, but then, it fired a barrage of missiles at you, doing MASSIVE DAMAGE, the typ of missile that you were sure Madcats wouldn't be able to carry, not with all that PPC already... but then, he's a paid VIP player, who BOUGHT exsclusive Mech, perks, weapons, and CRAZY LOADS OS COOLERS... still looking forward to this game... after T:A... I donno...

Except that your analysis of T:A has been pulled right out of somebody's cavernous arsehole. I have access to all of the classes, and most of the weapons, and do you know what I do 99% of the time? I spawn in as a basic-loadout Pathfinder, ie, exactly what every newb who's playing for free can do. My Pathfinder might be fully upgraded, but I did that in a week of casual play without any of the VIP/booster paid-for XP benefits.

I'm not a fan of F2P myself, I think it's a blight on the industry, but T:A could be MUCH worse than it is, and most of the people who're bitching about how unbalanced the weapons are(even after the devs nerfed the hitscan weapons specifically because of those complaints) are the same remtards who grab flags at 70kph, try skiing right through deployed forcefields, and don't even remember which key "drop flag" is bound to nevermind having enough awareness to set themselves up for a pass when the carrier is getting mauled by chasers.

Magichead:

punipunipyo:

Except that your analysis of T:A has been pulled right out of somebody's cavernous arsehole. I have access to all of the classes, and most of the weapons, and do you know what I do 99% of the time? I spawn in as a basic-loadout Pathfinder, ie, exactly what every newb who's playing for free can do. My Pathfinder might be fully upgraded, but I did that in a week of casual play without any of the VIP/booster paid-for XP benefits.

I'm not a fan of F2P myself, I think it's a blight on the industry, but T:A could be MUCH worse than it is, and most of the people who're bitching about how unbalanced the weapons are(even after the devs nerfed the hitscan weapons specifically because of those complaints) are the same remtards who grab flags at 70kph, try skiing right through deployed forcefields, and don't even remember which key "drop flag" is bound to nevermind having enough awareness to set themselves up for a pass when the carrier is getting mauled by chasers.

I call Bull, how many hours did you pump in to this game with out VIP/GOLD and still unlock all things? as a F2P? I call bull.

With an average 2-4K XP, in a 30Min round, no way you can unlock all that 100K XP weapons, plus their upgrades...

Besides, you are missing the point, F2P = P2W is always happening in MMO games now days, just to prove my point, have you played against a team of 4+(THUMPER)TCN?

punipunipyo:

Magichead:

punipunipyo:

I call Bull, how many hours did you pump in to this game with out VIP/GOLD and still unlock all things? as a F2P? I call bull.

With an average 2-4K XP, in a 30Min round, no way you can unlock all that 100K XP weapons, plus their upgrades...

Besides, you are missing the point, F2P = P2W is always happening in MMO games now days, just to prove my point, have you played against a team of 4+(THUMPER)TCN?

Did I say I had access to all the 100K weapons? No, what I said, exactly, was "I have access to all of the classes, and most of the weapons", try reading before you post next time. Nor did I imply I had "all the upgrades", I said that my Pathfinder is fully upgraded, and he is; it took less than a week. Winning matches helps.

As for your "combo of doom", sure, I've also played against a team with five Sentinels using the 100k weapon, and a lot of the other "zomgpay2winnerftheeeeeeem" whinge-mobiles, and you know what beats them every time? A diverse and coordinated team that understands that you have to adapt to your opponents by switching your own class combos and tactics. Technicians will melt like butter against a Raider+Jugg+Inf combo team.

Now, whether you get that team while pubbing is random chance, but that's an indictment of the players not the game; you can steamroll a bunch of uncoordinated newbs with any combo of classes and weapons.

Magichead:

punipunipyo:

Magichead:

Did I say I had access to all the 100K weapons? No, what I said, exactly, was "I have access to all of the classes, and most of the weapons", try reading before you post next time. Nor did I imply I had "all the upgrades", I said that my Pathfinder is fully upgraded, and he is; it took less than a week. Winning matches helps.

As for your "combo of doom", sure, I've also played against a team with five Sentinels using the 100k weapon, and a lot of the other "zomgpay2winnerftheeeeeeem" whinge-mobiles, and you know what beats them every time? A diverse and coordinated team that understands that you have to adapt to your opponents by switching your own class combos and tactics. Technicians will melt like butter against a Raider+Jugg+Inf combo team.

Now, whether you get that team while pubbing is random chance, but that's an indictment of the players not the game; you can steamroll a bunch of uncoordinated newbs with any combo of classes and
weapons.

Macho head, It's NOT about how well you play, it's NOT about rather YOU are good at T:A or not, HELL, IT"S NOT EVEN ABOUT T:A! READ MY POST! it's the number game, the staking money tower, the differences between the pay players and the non pay players, the way MMO games are; money talks, All I was referring to these numbers for are the fact that game-mechanics built to make non-pay players feel the need to purchase boost, to make the perk difference/gap between the players that pays, and the players that does not. I REALLY don't care what tactic you and your headset hardcore FPS friend do and how you rage in and beat all the pay players by gaining up on them (see how you just proof my point?) and won by a 3 to 1... The fact is that T:A, (used as an mere example)a game that promised so much, had became a game that just pressure sales, by making game tipped balance, now my MAIN POINT, MechWarrior is a game that is HIGHLY depended on load out; your victory is almost item-depended, it's running a risk to become much worse of a "P2W" than others that came B4 it, that's all I was saying, you didn't have to get all defensive about T:A, the game is fine, I still play it, but until they fix the balance issue, I'd enjoy it less... FYI I respect Sentinels, they have hard life, and I pick them off too easy with mortars... they were NEVER the problem...

And unlike you, I actually offer solution, My recommendation is to all the Mechs load outs, to have a "threat point" count, when playing a game, match the threat points (think Heavy Gears 2) that way 4 viet+VIP+BOOST can go up against like 8 F2P players who have around half theur threat points (in this case, ranking should also count toward threat as well) to make game more balance. this SHOULD have been what T:A(and other MMO action games) uses to balance team, but they were too lazy to even bother to program a game "match-makers".. I hope MechWarrior could consider something like that, PAY=/=EASYVICTORY it only mean unlock faster, or perks to get to higher tier games, or prettier looks.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here