Jimquisition: Jimquisition Extra: Virgillio Armarndio's Art Hole

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Jimquisition Extra: Virgillio Armarndio's Art Hole

In this bonus episode of Jimquisition, we share rare footage from an obscure, aborted television show, Virgillio Armarndio's Art Hole. Dubbed the most emotionally engaging videogame journalist in the solar system, Virgillio brought wise insight and artistic interpretations of leading videogames to his audience.

An audience that ultimately never watched him, because test audiences unanimously categorized the show as "pure sh*t drivel."

Watch Video

Sniff....

This are just mainly tears i swear

Theres possibly a level of irony somewhere in Jimquisition covering a show that was stated as pure sh*t drivel.

@00:35 - I'm scared.

@01:29 - Who else does this remind of the time Extra Creditz tried to tell us that there was some deep meaning behind some very old arcade game with a red dot and (I think it was) missiles?

I prefer to view the player character ass a boob, who uses squirts of milk to pacify the infantile state of the male brain. And the bases are in fact actual bases but in the American baseball tradition rather that actual military fortifications. It's a play on the the common slang of "reaching bases": Once the male aggressor has gotten past all four the woman is effectively subdued, and the 'conquest' has ended.

Vault Citizen:
@00:35 - I'm scared.

@01:29 - Does this remind anyone else of the time Extra Creditz tried to tell us that there was some deep meaning behind some very old arcade game with a red dot and (I think it was) missiles?

Missile command, except in that case it was actually true, cold war fears and all that.

Okay, that was really funny. I didn't think it would be.

Funny enough that I will bother posting about it on the off chance that Jim sees it and gets a good feeling about himself.

Aw! Feelings!

this is a jimquisition episode from another dimention that is the only explanation...

The player looks actually way more like a pennis.

Someone noticed that Virgilio looks a lot like Jim? :P

Haha, a nice little side dish from Jim there.

Especially liked the jab at the week long art degree, pretentious bastards.

esperandote:

Really? I thought it looked like a disembodied breast.

Anyways, Virgillio might be a relative. Who knows? :P

That hat. That hat is the best hat. Also Jim should wear lipstick more often.

Well that was.....interesting. I think what Virgilio, I mean Jim is trying to say is that not every game has a very deep meaning to it.

I think. Thats just my interpretation. As the video shows not every persons interpretation is always very valid.

Video was funny though. I think most can agree on that.

WHen did we get Extra Credits back on the escapist?

all I can really say is...

really, really, nice hat.

I've heard about this on an earlier podtoid. Now that i've seen it, I want more.

FelixG:

I wasn't here for when Extra Creditz fell off the site, so maybe I'm bias, but ehhh... That's pretty rude, guy.

As for this episode! I peeersonally think that space invaders is a metaphore for the plight of starving children in Africa. That's why I'm hosting an art fundraiser with the theme of space invaders. Where 10% of the profit goes to some chairity or another.

DVS BSTrD:
I prefer to view the player character ass a boob, who uses squirts of milk to pacify the infantile state of the male brain.

Yea, I always thought that looked like a nipple shooting milk.
What does that say about me?

I like Jim's clown costume. Can I hire him for my kid's birthday party? What kind of baloon animals does he do?

Wasnt that what you made in the first episode with Halo? Or was it Moviebob?

All I know is that this kind of things don't really work with only one person throwing away all their points on their favor (Jimquisition, Extra Credits, The Big Picture), to do this kind of thing there needs to be people representing both sides of the argument, with only one it is quite easy to convince the viewers that the host is right.

Those secondary art meanings in games can be good, look at Bioschock.

I simply MUST ask
How big was test audience?
How many from test audience, survived this?
And how much of the those who died committed suicide?
How much of survivors are in catatonic state?

P.S. Unusual, but funny :D

Jimothy Sterling:

SteelStallion:
What the fuck is this garbage?

Ugh, here comes another COD fanboy, not getting the subtlety of art.

Go back to your shootans, CODboy.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/3285-Defending-Call-of-Duty

Yeah okay.

Goremocker:

FelixG:

I wasn't here for when Extra Creditz fell off the site, so maybe I'm bias, but ehhh... That's pretty rude, guy.

Haha, of course its rude! Bit still a joke, as extra credits drips with pretentiousness more often than not.

esperandote:

I thought so too, with the side bits being ballbags. Wasn't the whole subtext of partiarchal oppression in Space Invaders that the male sees the female as less than human and is interested in nothing more than shooting his sperm into her? The fact that a hit Invader disappears symbolizes that a woman is no longer considered of any interest to men once she is already impregnated, which is to say she effectively ceases to exist.

Lunacy.

PS: If you can't take a joke, please don't quote me. I'm not being serious at all.

FelixG:

Goremocker:

FelixG:

Haha, of course its rude! Bit still a joke, as extra credits drips with pretentiousness more often than not.

pretentiousness- an exaggerated sense of one's importance that shows itself in the making of excessive or unjustified claims.

they do dabble a lot into going for more complex n deeper meanings and analyzing excrutinely their topics, but i never got them as having a sense of exagerated self importance. they seemed humble enough, while just stating an opinion. maybe you meant sth else?

SteelStallion:

Jimothy Sterling:

SteelStallion:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/3285-Defending-Call-of-Duty

Yeah okay.

Anybody can post URLs to prove that things on those URLs exist.

Now please let the adults talk about art. Real art. Not that COD that you play every single day of the week.

draythefingerless:

FelixG:

Goremocker:

pretentiousness- an exaggerated sense of one's importance that shows itself in the making of excessive or unjustified claims.

they do dabble a lot into going for more complex n deeper meanings and analyzing excrutinely their topics, but i never got them as having a sense of exagerated self importance. they seemed humble enough, while just stating an opinion. maybe you meant sth else?

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself. Taking something seriously is a far cry from being pretentious for the sake of it.

Well there goes any hope I had of sleeping tonight.

Just terrifying.

lord.jeff:
Those secondary art meanings in games can be good, look at Bioschock.

Of course. He's doesn't hate all games with an artistic point, just the practice of over-analyzing things, and pretentious games that make no attempt to engage the player or be enjoyable on top of having a message, like he talked about in the last Jimquisition.

blackrave:
I simply MUST ask
How big was test audience?
How many from test audience, survived this?
And how much of the those who died committed suicide?
How much of survivors are in catatonic state?

P.S. Unusual, but funny :D

The "test audience" was only one person, and his is still alive, doing his job, every Monday on the Escapist, and on destructoid.com more often.

...I went to art school. Was it wrong that I enjoyed this episode so much?

SteelStallion:

Jimothy Sterling:

SteelStallion:

Yeah okay.

Ha! You do know what this is about!

Jim is revisiting his art snob character from his Defending Call of Duty episode.

Also you may want to ignore Jimothy. He is Jim's unwanted bastard child.

I still can't understand the levels of cognitive-dissonance that Jim must have going on to run a show about debunking and ridiculing people for being wrong and stupid, when he himself is apparently entirely incapable of speaking in anything other than Strawman arguments.

Space Invaders sure ain't no Peaches, that's for freaking certain.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here