GinxTV: Top 5 Secrets of Mass Effect

Top 5 Secrets of Mass Effect

Ginx takes a look at some of the lesser known secrets of the Mass Effect series.

Watch Video

Where is the Blasto thing? I never found that in my first ME3 playthrough

cynicalsaint1:
Where is the Blasto thing? I never found that in my first ME3 playthrough

Presidium Commons. Near the apartments. Look for it on your map. :)

EDIT: Omega 4 RELAY, & the hamster wasn't in Mass Effect 1
Aside from that, ehh, its a good enough assortment of easter eggs; Ill be on the lookout from now.

>"Top 5 Secrets of Mass Effect 3"
>most of them weren't in ME3.

Decent assortment of Easter Eggs, but I did have one problem with it.

...I'm sorry, but "Omega 3 relay"?

EDIT: ninja'd

I spend a good amount of time giggling while listening to that Blasto movie. Pure gold.

You've... never played a Mass Effect game in your life... have you?

Last time I watch one of these...

Richardplex:
>"Top 5 Secrets of Mass Effect 3"
>most of them weren't in ME3.

Bit of a title mix-up! We'll sort that out.

Actually Uranus is officially pronounced Yuran-us rather than Yur-rainus. But if that's how you get your kicks...

Proverbial Jon:
Actually Uranus is officially pronounced Yuran-us rather than Yur-rainus. But if that's how you get your kicks...

Ura·nus noun \ˈyu̇r-ə-nəs, yu̇-ˈrā-\
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/uranus

Funny, I remember seeing that cow on Ontarom in ME1, but don't recall it having the "shifty looking cow" label.

That secret with the possible Rachni singing reminds me, I do still miss having the ability to drive around the planets that we had in ME1.

If you're looking for another from ME3, I quite liked the discussion between Vega and Cortez in the cargo hold, debating the relative merits of the Mako over the Hammerhead, and vice versa.

Garrus and Joker trading race jokes from the First Contact War was pure brilliance.

Meeting Conrad on the Citadel and having him voice opinions on the thermal clip/ammo issue was also hilarious.

Seabear:
Garrus and Joker trading race jokes from the First Contact War was pure brilliance.

Meeting Conrad on the Citadel and having him voice opinions on the thermal clip/ammo issue was also hilarious.

Yeah I second that. It was an awesome secret. not everyone runs up to the cockpit but I was certainly glad I choose that time to.

GinxTV:
Top 5 Secrets of Mass Effect

Ginx takes a look at some of the lesser known secrets of the Mass Effect series.

Watch Video

Am I the only one who also got a major Ender's Game battle school vibe from the Grissom Academy?

The Blasto advert in ME2 is on Ilium not the Citadel

I found all of these in my time... Probably not suprising given the many hundreds of hours I put in between them. Hearing the Rachni song in a few places was awesome and damned creepy at first.

Totally did #1 today. I'm playing through ME2 before I buy ME3 and I just couldn't resist the chuckles as I probed Uranus. I broke into full on laughter when the game commented on my juvenile antics. XD

Zen Toombs:

...I'm sorry, but "Omega 3 relay"?

It's full of fatty acids which are good for your heart.

I didn't know about the Uranus one. That was hilarious in an "I'm four" sort of way.

Huh. I never knew there was a cow that stole your credits. I didn't even know there were cows at all in ME1.

I wonder what it says about me that I already knew all of these.

ZeroMachine:

agreed, week after week i watch these in the hope that one might be funny....

Now I give up

putowtin:

ZeroMachine:

agreed, week after week i watch these in the hope that one might be funny....

Now I give up

Funny story- it was my first time watching.

Swingandamiss.

One secret which caught me completely by surprise got explained to me the other day. The Quarian Admiral Zaal'Koris vas Quib Quib thought he might change to a ship with a more dignified name, like Defrahnz, or Iktomi. Of course, a Quarian would then bear the name Vas Defrahnz (Vas Deferens) or Vas Iktomi (Vasectomy).

what about legion doing the robot?

I thought that the shape of the Citadel Council room was a pretty neato secret. I haven't seen many people comment on that one.

ChickNaney:
I thought that the shape of the Citadel Council room was a pretty neato secret. I haven't seen many people comment on that one.

Along with that, in the first game, the serpent nebula (which i recall is where the citadel is located) is also shaped like that. Neat little foreshadowing there.

I read something about getting secret intel if you have a certain fish alive through a ME2 playthrough and 2 ME3 playthroughs. I was disappointed to not find it here.

"if you never played a Mass effect game before, you might imagine they are serious experiences filled important decisions, meaningful consquences and good ol--"

I closed the video right there.

Ah yes, the Amiga 3 relay, I remember going trough it after I blew up the C64 colony.

My favorite thing about the Blasto clips in 3 is how everything the elcor says starts with "Badassfully"

Gotta love Boo.

But how can you mispronounce Rachni when it's spoken aloud in the game?

EDIT - And Hanar.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here