The Big Picture: Found in Translation

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Found in Translation

Sometimes the parody is more relevant than the original.

Watch Video

Bob, you can't tell me that you honestly liked Inuyasha.......

SAMURAI PIZZA CATS! I loved that damn show, it was the most INSANE thing on TV and it was great. They ripped on themselves the whole time and, as said, made some pretty innuendo laded jokes.

Plus their god damn cats that get shot out of a gun.

There's a DVD coming out of it? Well, there goes my monies.

Akio91:

Pretty sure saying "It would be better if someone lost the script" isn't him saying he liked it.

I couldn't understand anything that was being said during the pizza cats clips

That was a very informative episode Bob,
I never knew Inuyasha had a script.

Oh god, Bob bashed Inuyasha! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE FROM THE FLAMES!!! (I saw the footnote, but I guarantee you some people won't...)

Qitz:
Pretty sure saying "It would be better if someone lost the script" isn't him saying he liked it.

Like that guy lol I'm guessing he didn't see it.

In any case, I actually loved the Samurai Pizza Cats as a kid because...well...I like anything that has some food humor in it. I still love the Paul Lynde style theme song singer :P

I remember when that ran on YTV. Ugh, I couldn't stand that show.

I love bad puns, and no show was as rife with them as Samurai Pizza Cats:

[Pizza Cats shot out of their giant gun]

MOTHER: I guess you'd call that a cat-apult!

CHILD: I'm glad I didn't say it.

Yeah... I caught onto anime about ten years after this, when I was old enough to dig into some of the more violent series. I haven't turned back since...

Ah,90s animation...good times.
I had no idea that this even existed,you learn something new every day.

You did it Bob. You cobbled together an entire episode about the Samurai Pizza Cats (something you yourself determined to be impossible). Well done. /slowclap.

Also: hell yes!

Strain42:
Oh god, Bob bashed Inuyasha! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE FROM THE FLAMES!!! (I saw the footnote, but I guarantee you some people won't...)

Qitz:

Like that guy lol I'm guessing he didn't see it.

NOPE! Didn't see a damn thing the first time :P

Usually he throws it in big white text so I'm going to blame Bob for it, because I can :D

Wow, it's been pretty long since I watched that show. I remember being a fan of that series then moving on to TMNT, Sonic the Hedgehog, Transformers, Earthworm Jim, Sonic the Hedgehog(Freedom Fighters version), Reboot, and Beast Machines/Beast Wars along side anything Marvel released on tv during that time.

Yay for DVD releases.

Its also weird, because a couple months ago in an earlier big picture you said that if you had a whole episode dedicated to Samurai Pizza Cats the Escapist was going to give you a talking to.

And that last joke. It makes me think you watched Inuyasha to some capacity...

DO AN EPISODE ABOUT IT NOW!

Huh, I did not know that about the show. I'm trying to picture it as a largely serious show with a bit of slapstick (ala the untranslated Sailor Moon for example) and it's just not clicking.

2xDouble:
You did it Bob. You cobbled together an entire episode about the Samurai Pizza Cats (something you yourself determined to be impossible). Well done. /slowclap.

Not only did he do it, but I don't think the Escapist staff is going to have a talk with him about it, because people will be entertained, and ads will still be sold.

I'd never heard of this show until Bob started joking about doing an episode on it, but I have to say this was hilarious.

Samurai Pizza Cats sounds like a single, self-contained meme. I could see the re-releases becoming the epitome of "stoner TV".

Thanks for the eye-opener, Bob.

It's a great show I used to catch, at random, as a kid on re-runs.

I liked cats, I liked Power Rangers...COME ON!

Course, now, with about 20 years of anime behind me I tend to 'get' a lot more of the visual references.
-Gundam anyone?

Awesome video expically sense it informed me that the complete DVD is on it's way, I've been waiting years to hear news like that. WOOT!

My favourite character was always the Big Gay Cheese.

That guy had some of the best quotes; "I've seen better outfits on He-Man, and he wears hardly anything."

Lesson learned here from Bob: Abridging is the best thing to ever happen to anime.

Thank you, Little Kuriboh.

Akio91:

He doesn't. Hence the closing joke.

I'm pretty sure he shares Scott Ramsoomair's opinion (VG Cats dude)

"It's Dragonball Z For Girls! I Saw That Shit When It Was Called Fushigi Yuugi!"

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Akio91:

He doesn't. Hence the closing joke.

I'm pretty sure he shares Scott Ramsoomair's opinion (VG Cats dude)

"It's Dragonball Z For Girls! I Saw That Shit When It Was Called Fushigi Yuugi!"

Don't worry, I did that too. Watch the credits, at the bottom of the screen. He reverses it.

Inu-Yasha's English dub as it's own Abridged series... Nah, still probably wouldn't work.

vxicepickxv:

2xDouble:

Not only did he do it, but I don't think the Escapist staff is going to have a talk with him about it, because people will be entertained, and ads will still be sold.

Why, did they have to talk to him over one of his other videos or articles?

a Pizza Cats DVD release?!?! *bounces wallet off screen repeatedly*

never saw this anime but it does look kinda cool

I am a huge fan of cartoons and kids tv shows

DVS BSTrD:
That was a very informative episode Bob,
I never knew Inuyasha had a script.

Only the dub because Inuyasha was ported over from Japan pre-recorded in Japanese by VIZ.

Pah! You thought Rumiko Takahashi used scripts?! That's why it was so bad! There was no script to be lost!

Hmmm, taking a swipe at InuYasha on a site that's populated by video game and anime enthusiasts? I hope you brought your flame shield, Bob.

This was awesome... this show was one of my first forays into anime, knowing it was foreign animation. I kept losing track of the airtime, so I didn't see much, but I liked what I saw! I still have a CD with a rip of the 'movie' somewhere 'round here...

Also, who do I give my money to for that DVD set?!

Edit: Ah, Discotek has it. Those guys are getting all the good ol' shows lately.

I remember watching this when I was around 6-7 and there was so much wtf. I remember not really being interested in watching it for humors sake, but to try to get a grasp of what the hell I was watching.

Though I consider myself lucky. When it seems only extremely wacky (sometimes) or extremely melodramatic (more than not) anime makes it to the west I consider it a boon that something crazy was my first impression.

Bob NO! Trust me, you don't want to disturb the hornets nest that is the anime otaku fanbase by basing Inuyasha.

Otherwise a great episode, I already heard about how shout factory(who also did Sonic Satam, G1 Transformers, and MST3k) is making the power ranger dvd sets but I'm glad that they are also doing a Samurai Pizza Cat set since I missed out the first time it was aired on tv and now it be out in non-vcr recorded quality.

PS- I have my fingers crossed that they throw in some sentai episodes for the special features of the PR dvds or do what they did for Japanese G1 Transformers and bring em over here on dvd. Speaking of which maybe you should do an episode on Japanese G1 since you already covered japanese ninja turtles.

As a huge fan of inuyasha I'm quite glad I read your little foot note... otherwise I'd do nothing since people have the right to there own opinion. I still need to watch the ending series of it though.

I loved how the English writing staff were able to skirt the issue of "the BIG Cheese" being an openly gay character.

I say this NOT because he wore robes BUT because in several episodes he dresses as a woman for the purpose of seducing one of the male members of the cast (Al Dente, Emperor Fred even Gerry Atrick) and to influence female members.

That and Emperor Fred being a opium fiend.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here