Trailers: The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition - New Elements Trailer

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition - New Elements Trailer

They're really beefing up the game for its Xbox360 release.

Watch Video

Looking great. Should be a good pick up for those like myself who didn't get it on the PC.

"No quality compromise"

I would hope not, unless it's a slight visual tweak to get it to run right. Definitely looking forward to the extra content. It will give me a reason to play it through a third time.

Oh my goodness, this is one of those games I know will be worth pre ordering, because these guys really know how to please their fans.

Shame it won't run at all well on my PC, otherwise I would have played the hell out of it.

Can't wait to try the extra content on my PC...may need to get another stick of RAM though since i lost a GB...

Doesn't seem to have cut anything out in terms of graphics though, still very nice to look at if that was footage from the 360 version.

Wait, did I see Geralt at the end about to have a fight with Roche?

...I really need to reinstall the bloody game.

Note to Bioware - THIS is how you make an RPG.

Can't wait to do a second runthrough with the all new stuff.

This is the only reason I'm disappointed that I don't own an XBox 360.

In fact, this is close to a killer app for me - I'm going to have to research this a bit more; carefully as I actually care about spoilers for once.

A handful of other games attract me; I just find it bizarre how CD Projekt have omitted the PlayStation in the conversion process.

Whoa, they added horses! Nice.

And I have to say, I love how the Witcher trailers blend electric guitar with orchestral backing.

Electric Alpaca:

In fact, this is close to a killer app for me - I'm going to have to research this a bit more; carefully as I actually care about spoilers for once.

A handful of other games attract me; I just find it bizarre how CD Projekt have omitted the PlayStation in the conversion process.

They're a smaller company. They're probably tackling each one one at a time. So they can properly adjust the game to suit each console's strengths.

New Interface?

Wasn't a complaint of the one on the PC version that is was already made as if to be played on a console. That was not enough for the 360 version?

Electric Alpaca:

Going from PC - > XBox is simpler than PC -> PS3. It would more than double the workload, them bringing it out for PS3 at the same time would.

I feel like I ow them money now....

ph0b0s123:
New Interface?

Wasn't a complaint of the one on the PC version that is was already made as if to be played on a console. That was not enough for the 360 version?

This update is for both PC and 360, so that new interface might be referring to a revamped version for the PC as well.

Is it just me, or does Geralt look very old in this trailer ?
He looks nearly as old as Vesemir in part 1 (also, he gained a few pounds).

geier:
also, he gained a few pounds

Well, my friend, I guess it's one of benefits of working as a kings bodyguard!

Looks great! Never played the PC version (My PC sucks eggs) and now that it's coming to 360 I'm pretty happy! Adding it to my anticipated games list!

Funny thing is, I've had this game since release.

Sad thing is, my PC can't handle it.

Good thing is, I have this Xbox 360 version already paid off.

Bad thing is, I'll be visiting family in New York when this drops, my girlfriend will have to pick it up for me.

But I'm nothing if not patient. The books were good, and this game looks so damn amazing.

Also, is this development team awesome or what? I mean, seriously? Free update for the PC version? That's just too great. Hope these gents keep up the good work.

The Pinray:
Free update for the PC version? That's just too great.

They made the Enhanced Edition update free for The Witcher 1, too... although to be fair, The Witcher 1 really, really needed it as it's EE was basically a giant patch.

Irridium:

Electric Alpaca:

They're a smaller company. They're probably tackling each one one at a time. So they can properly adjust the game to suit each console's strengths.

Rumour has it that the PS3 version will be worked on as the studio begins ramping up pre-production on The Witcher 3, which CD Projekt Red are hoping to be able to do as a multiplatform game straight out of the gates...

The one company that has managed a modern AAA title that combines relatable characters, with choices that affect the world with without relying on metafunctioning "moral choice" systems.

Fuck Bioware they've sucked since KOTOR. These guys can tell a story with multiple endings.

If I had a powerful enough computer, I would have purchased it for the PC. I'll just have to keep saving for one I guess, in the meantime I'm more than happy to see how the console version plays out.

Very excited heard great things about this game.

Waitaminute... that's next month. I am genuinely excited for this. I was hoping I would be able to sleep normally for a while but that's out the window.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here