GinxTV: Syndicate vs. Binary Domain

Syndicate vs. Binary Domain

Ginx takes a closer look into Syndicate and Binary Domain.

Watch Video

Could you advertise these GinxTV videos on the front page more clearly?

Two new similar games going head to head to see which one is better!
I love the idea. Wasn't a big fan of Ginx when it first came but the video are getting more interesting.
Looking forward to what the future holds.

I agree, Binary Domain is a significantly better game than Syndicate.

Coming from someone who has played both, part of the problem is that "rebooting" a strategy game into an FPS sounds like it could work, but they just didn't seem to put much effort into it.

Binary Domain on the other hand, though derivative in terms of gameplay to more popular TPS games, is much more varied and feels more unique in the single player end of things, which is what I go for. I couldn't be bothered with multiplayer. It's unfortunate that Binary Domain is over shadowed by Syndicate due to it's massive amount of advertising and exposure.

I would highly recommend that everyone give this game a shot, in my opinion, it's totally worth it and worth far more than Syndicate.

Or don't play either and play Vanquish instead. That game is loads of fun.

epikAXE:

But it's also bad so dont.

Well Syndicate is basically "Shooter Clone : Bloom edition."

Seriously, that game has bloom and lens-flare that puts Mass Effect to shame.

totally heterosexual:

epikAXE:

Ive been told Syndicate is pretty bad to be fair. Binary Domain is supposed to be a good laugh though. I can see why people might dislike Vanquish because of its contradictory mechanics and clunky controls, but as a spectacle shooter (they are a thing okay) it's just way too much fun to powerslide around the battlefield kicking robots in the face.

This is the first time I've ever watched any of these. I like it. I like the chirpy narration, I like the way it basically reviews two games simulataniously, and I like how it makes it easy for the viewer to spot something they like.

That Binary Domain looks like something though. That would have utterly passed my by if it weren't for this video. That giant robot spider bastard looked awesome.

Big Bo is thoroughly displeased with this argument.

Regardless of the quality of the two games, I found myself enjoying Syndicate far more than Binary Domain. That's not to downplay the quality of the latter, but I am just more fond of Syndicate.

That was a pretty good review. Where can I find the petition for every game to feature robots from now on?

I like the points made, save for the 'international stereotypes' bit about the Rust Crew of Binary Domain. Yes, you have two Americans, two Brits, and one Chinese woman, but if you were adhering to stereotypes, the Americans would be heavily-accented Texans, the Brits wouldn't stop rambling on about tea and how great having a queen is, and the Chinese woman would be a staunch communist. Sure, the Americans might be a bit cruder than the Brits are at times, but stereotypes involve more than just being from a certain country.

maninahat:
This is the first time I've ever watched any of these. I like it. I like the chirpy narration, I like the way it basically reviews two games simulataniously, and I like how it makes it easy for the viewer to spot something they like.

That Binary Domain looks like something though. That would have utterly passed my by if it weren't for this video. That giant robot spider bastard looked awesome.

If you haven't already, I can't recommend Binary Domain enough. It was the most unexpectedly good game I've played in the past couple years. The multiplayer is meh, but the singleplayer is amazing.

Waaghpowa:
I agree, Binary Domain is a significantly better game than Syndicate.

Coming from someone who has played both, part of the problem is that "rebooting" a strategy game into an FPS sounds like it could work, but they just didn't seem to put much effort into it.

Binary Domain on the other hand, though derivative in terms of gameplay to more popular TPS games, is much more varied and feels more unique in the single player end of things, which is what I go for. I couldn't be bothered with multiplayer. It's unfortunate that Binary Domain is over shadowed by Syndicate due to it's massive amount of advertising and exposure.

I would highly recommend that everyone give this game a shot, in my opinion, it's totally worth it and worth far more than Syndicate.

That's kinda baffled me. Syndicate seems to be widely-regarded as mediocre at best, but Binary Domain was a fresh IP with great story and characters, not to mention amazing gunplay and general variety...but it's slipping by largely unnoticed. Christ, I hope it still sells enough for a sequel.

epikAXE:

totally heterosexual:

epikAXE:

Ive been told Syndicate is pretty bad to be fair. Binary Domain is supposed to be a good laugh though. I can see why people might dislike Vanquish because of its contradictory mechanics and clunky controls, but as a spectacle shooter (they are a thing okay) it's just way too much fun to powerslide around the battlefield kicking robots in the face.

Not gonna lie, mate: those are gamebreakers for most people. And without solid controls behind them, spectacle-based games are better off just being watched on Youtube or something.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here