Dungeons & Dragons Meets Settlers of Catan

The guys behind the iconic role-playing game have made an elegant board game set in the Forgotten Realms.

Read Full Article

I have actually had a chance to play this game a couple of times at my local game store. They got an early copy to test play and I had a chance to sit down and have a go. I have to say it is pretty fun, taking strategy and a bit of luck to get the most points by the end. And you can easily screw someone else over by taking something they need or giving them a card that sets them back. I recomend the game if your a fan of old board games or just a fan of DnD.

Sounds more like Agricola than Catan or Ticket to Ride.

Lol first read it as "Lords of Waterderp"

looks fun.

That looked super TL;DR, but I actually read it all and really want to play this game now.
However, my usual group of guys that hangs out every blue moon would rather go hang out a bar or play games over xblive =/

WTB board game buddies? ;_;

I already own every permutation of Settlers available, and I've always wanted to get into D&D. Thanks for pointing this out Greg!

Oh stop complaining, Tito, at least your wife plays Settlers of Catan!! I can't even get my hubby to play Monopoly or Life!

Sounds totally fun, though... The city of Waterdeep, wooden figurines, intrigue cards, resource management... I'm sold!

Rassmusseum:
I already own every permutation of Settlers available, and I've always wanted to get into D&D. Thanks for pointing this out Greg!

You sir... are epic! I have them all too, but never can find enough people to play! All my friends from home did, but now I live elsewhere there are no more people! Catan is awesome!

I always wanted to try D+D too, sounds fun, but never could find the time, or anywhere to do it!

Would love to try this though! Need a new band of local nerds to play with!

This game also reminds me of the Disc World: Ankh-Morpork game.

It should seem like a gift from Gond!

Regardless. If I had a friendly local gaming store I would pick it up. I'll have to remember for one of my sporadic excursions into the big cities. Looks very interesting.

Wow... when I first saw this game and that it was made by Wizards of the Coast, I was ready to ignore it (not that I have anything against them, mind you, but I've done my time in their service and have the receipts to prove it)... but this gives me pause. A Euro style boardgame from them that appeals to that type of player? How pleasantly unexpected. I must look deeeeeeper.

Water-deeper?

Not like Catan at all, but definitely on my wish list now. Thanks, it sounds interesting!

For those people who are looking for a board game group near them, I recommend going to http://www.meetup.com/

You can put in your city, and what you are interested in (try "Euro Games" for this example), then find out if there are any groups near you.

I have found that the board games groups are always looking for new players, and the organizers tend to be collectors, so although they always bring a ton of games with them, they are also always looking for something new.

Eleima:
Oh stop complaining, Tito, at least your wife plays Settlers of Catan!! I can't even get my hubby to play Monopoly or Life!

Sounds totally fun, though... The city of Waterdeep, wooden figurines, intrigue cards, resource management... I'm sold!

I love board games, but you would have to strap me to a rack and threaten to have rabid rats eat me alive before I'll agree to play a game of Monopoly. That game can just go on FOR EVER and you have to have some sado-masochistic tendencies when being on the winning or losing side, respectively, to enjoy it.

I got severely punished while playing that game once, and they FORCED ME to continue!

I HATE THAT GAME!

Yes, I'm traumatized. :(

Greg Tito:

The guys behind the iconic role-playing game have made an elegant board game set in the Forgotten Realms.

Read Full Article

So I played my first game of Lords of Waterdeep today, and it was amazing! Greg, do you have any other recommendations of board games with D&D elements? I'd love to hear them!

Where is Torm for us non-dorks?

JK :)

But seriously. Where is that D&D Heaven?

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 51590)