Jimquisition: Konami

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Konami

There's something very messed up going down at Konami. Nobody knows for sure what it is, but the results are there for all to see. You might not have realized quite how bad Konami's behavior has been over the past year, but when you see the evidence in one spot, it paints a damning picture.

Konami's an absolute mess, and somebody needs to tell them before they drive their entire business into the ground.

Watch Video

This makes me fear for the future of the Zone of the Enders HD Collection. I really do hope nothing goes wrong there.

Maybe the Konami headquarters have become a huge Silent Hill level, and everyone is trying to avoid getting molested by Pyramid Head instead of doing their job.

Sadly Konami, lost it's identity and direction well over a year ago. Their efforts to get back on course have been lack luster to say the least. I think it's time for the soft playing of Taps and move on.

Always weird to see a production company just up and decide they don't want to do it anymore and just let their games die instead of quitting.

huh? The silent hill collection is actually out?

HUH? they removed the iconic fog?!

HUH?!?! Silen hill downpour is out this month?!?

HUUUUUH?!?! What?! I had no freakin idea about ANY OF THAT!

And they wanted to release all of that in one month?! Are they INSANE?!

I havent bought a konami game since metal gear solid so i cant really share jims rage. It just seems like a another horrible publisher who will soon go out of business.

Oh well maybe if they do another publisher will restore silent hill to its former glory.

Oh come on. No ones taking this attitude towards Capcom, they're even worse with this stuff.

That and the stuff Jim said about Ubisoft, seriously, who DRMs a PSN store game, Capcom?

Or how bout Namco for screwing over Tales fans for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time?

A friend of mine was telling me yesterday how he thinks another video game industry crash is just around the corner with all the insane stuff publishers are doing now. This certainly makes that sound more likely. What the hell is actually wrong with publishers these days? It's like they've all gone bat shit insane. Like they never expected to be as successful as they are so never bothered to work out what to do once they got there.

Was...was that footage of Silent Hill Book of Memories I saw?

Was that a Silent Hill-based GAUNTLET CLONE?

What the -fuck-, Konami? THOSE TWO DO NOT MIX.

The biggest shit of all is that sh downpour is pretty good and when they found a new formula for cur gen sh game it will never work out because KONAMI will bankrupt soon .

Griffolion:
Maybe the Konami headquarters have become a huge Silent Hill level, and everyone is trying to avoid getting molested by Pyramid Head instead of doing their job.

they could film that and use it to advertise the stupid amount of silent hill releases they are doing.
but back on topic I didn't know konami had fucked up that bad as far as marketing had gone. I didn't even know that there was any any silent hill games coming out other than downpour and I only knew that because i saw the front page of metacritic a last week looking up the scores for games with adverts.bad buisnes konami.very bad buissnes.

Ah, now the question is who does Jim hate more, Ubisoft or Konami.

What- really? Really? How can they even do this? If even one of those things Jim said was even slightly true (and I sadly don't doubt that they are) then it's just soul-crushing. How anyone could be that stupid and be left to live is beyond me....

wow I had no idea...damn he listed 4 games that I didn't even know had come out and I am a phone operator for a tire shop, I literally have an RSS feed of the escapist and Penny Arcade Report up 24/7...surely one of those sites would have mentioned something!

Konami...please go to rehab and get better! We love you!

After Jim's comment about bashing his head on a concrete floor I really expected to see a clip of Jason Russel doing his naked thing:

http://youtu.be/32PBZ870ymg

RaikuFA:
Oh come on. No ones taking this attitude towards Capcom, they're even worse with this stuff.

That and the stuff Jim said about Ubisoft, seriously, who DRMs a PSN store game, Capcom?

Everyone takes this attitude toward Capcom. Every time someone brings up publishers ripping you off, Capcom is usually the second name on the list after EA.

Capcom and Konami must be drinking the same water, because both of those Japanese companies are making terrible and moronic business decisions.

EA is evil, but they know what they're doing.

Capcom and Konami see to have no idea what they're doing.

Scrustle:
A friend of mine was telling me yesterday how he thinks another video game industry crash is just around the corner with all the insane stuff publishers are doing now. This certainly makes that sound more likely. What the hell is actually wrong with publishers these days? It's like they've all gone bat shit insane. Like they never expected to be as successful as they are so never bothered to work out what to do once they got there.

With games being as prevalent as they are, it's impossible for the ENTIRE industry to crash like it did in the early 80s.

I mean, even if all three next-gen consoles failed miserably in amazing ways, there would still be development for the PC, iOs, Android, etc..

OT: Konami? It's gotten to the point where I'd forgot they even existed. Looks like we have another Acclaim, folks.

Double post because Captcha is designed by morons.

Sylveria:

RaikuFA:

Everyone takes this attitude toward Capcom. Every time someone brings up publishers ripping you off, Capcom is usually the second name on the list after EA.

I hold Capcom in higher resolve than EA for this type of BS, but no ones made a video like what Jim makes telling their viewers how bad the company is.

Konami has been dead since they killed off Suikoden. YOU BASTARDS WHY!

I just got into MGS with the HD collection, and I think it would have been great if they'd released MGS1 for the 3DS instead of Snake Eater.

Wow, I just found out Downpour was released a few days ago from a meme, and I just attributed that to my lack of connection to the game's industry now, but seeing others who had no clue has me really taken back.

Daystar Clarion:
Capcom and Konami must be drinking the same water, because both of those Japanese companies are making terrible and moronic business decisions.

But I'm still aware that Capcom releases games and I have one or two of them in my collection and I could name several Capcom Franchises. The last Konami release I recognized was Metal Gear Solid 4. So there is clearly something wrong in their PR-department and in their development teams.

And that is really a shame because in my youth (the good old SNES days) a lot of memorable and fun games were released by this company (Konami that is).

It'd be nice to see an episode where you express your opinion about how to do things right, and which companies are the best off at the moment, as a counterweight to the Konami/ubisoft/etc. episodes.

Honestly, until this Jimquisition, I forgot all about Konami.

I could just wait for Jim to do an episode about it but could someone tell me why capcom are morons too?

Also: how could you possibly f*ck up SH2? <_< Seriously, how can you take away the mist, make the game look worse AND NOT REALISE IT?!

Birds of Steel recently came out, almost no marketing behind it, and the game is fucking awesome (although it is kind of a niched market).

Review

Simulator gameplay (extremely immersive)

I seeeeee, so if Yahtzee gets his hands on the HD release of Silent Hill 2............I predict a 5 minute yellow screened massive rant coming in a few weeks time.

Scyla:

Daystar Clarion:

But I'm still aware that Capcom releases games and I have one or two of them in my collection and I could name several Capcom Franchises. The last Konami release I recognized was Metal Gear Solid 4. So there is clearly something wrong in their PR-department and in their development teams.

And that is really a shame because in my youth (the good old SNES days) a lot of memorable and fun games were released by this company (Konami that is).

Its not that. They refuse to release games in the states despite threats of english patch and piracy. Canning games just because they're not fighters or involve zombies. Supporting SOPA and being proud of it. DRM on PSN excusive games. They're worse than Konami or Ubisoft in my opinion.

My big FU konami moment happend when I saw what you had to do to get the special edition 3ds. When I hear about the release of a snakeskine 3ds to be released with the snake eater 3d I had a week long erection only to have it go limp when I found out the many hoop you would have to jump thought to buy it.

If you did not hear what you would have had to do to be elejeble to get one was, one regeuster with konami, two sign up for a list drawing, three have your name be drawn at said drawing, four pay then FULL PRICE for the system PLUS GAME sold separately....... And then it was only going to be released in Japan anyway....... FUCK YOU KONAMI

Is the Castlevania series dead or are they going to continue the series on the 3DS? I haven't bought a Konami game since that multiplayer one on XBLA. It's fun if you like grinding and get with a friendly group of folks.

I don't know what's up with Konami and Capcom. Back in the day I thought they were great. Nowadays, not so much.

I think Konami's problems started years and years ago, consider the inexplicable decision to hand Silent Hill over to a bunch of third party devs (if there is a reason that someone knows of that Konami disbanded Team Silent, someone please enlighten me. I've never had any fucking clue why this happened to a seemingly critical and commercially successful franchise). The results have been uneven at best. The best thing to come out of the post team-silent Silent Hills was probably Shattered Memories, and it's fundamentally broken. I love that game, I really do, let me reiterate, single best thing to come out of non team-silent Silent Hill, and a huge aspect of that game is straight up balls.

Don't even get me started on Castlevania. After the tremendous amount of goodwill Konami received for Symphony what do they do? they stick the A list series in the handheld ghetto while giving us a bunch of half assed major console games. First I get why they're on handhelds, that's cool. Money and cost risk and blah blah, but the fact that every post Symphony 2d Castlevania has been gravedigging assets from it is sad. WOULD IT KILL YOU TO DO SOME NEW PIXEL ART KONAMI?!? Not to mention the fact that there's been very little (good) innovation since Symphony. They're almost all Symphony clones, and when they're not well they might want to be (you know I must say I enjoyed some of those games, Dawn of Sorrow was pretty great, but if you had to pick a Castlevania game to live on a desert island with you, would anybody honestly pick a post-Symphony game? Honestly? Doesn't that say something about the direction this franchise is going in?).

And that latest major console Castlevania wasn't too bad. Not what I want out the franchise but not too bad.

Scrustle:

I don't see a full crash, but I do see a lot of the publishers and developers going out of business. Activision and EA will survive on CoD and Sports titles alone. Valve will survive simply because they seem to know what they're doing. Bethesda seems to know what they're doing too.

As for the rest of the developers and publishers, things are looking worse and worse. I've already completed my 2012 wish list for games. I don't see anything new listed as coming out that I want to play. Is that a bad sign for me, or a bad sign for devs and publishers?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here