Jimquisition: Konami

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

He's talking out his butt re: Silent Hill. The three games play to totally different markets and different demographics.

Downpour is for the people who regularly buy the new titles as they come out, and that's expected to be the big seller.

Nobody at Konami expects the HD collection to sell hotcakes; that's for longterm fans who want to have a copy they can play on the PS3, now that their PS2s have likely breathed their last. They probably won't take a loss on that, because knowing it will only sell to a niche group of nostalgists, they aren't going to press a million of them.

And as for BoM, sorry to burst your bubble, Jim, but most people who wander around with handhelds do not spend as much time with consoles, and vice-versa. There are legions of kids who will probably end up with BoM, and like it, since it is an actioner and not the cerebral trip the console games (which those kids likely avoid) are. That's called targeting a different demographic, and it's a sound business decision.

Understandably, when one is a man of great ego with a webcast and a load of fans slavering to hear one's loudly proclaimed (and wrongheaded) opinions, one has a difficult time drowning out one's voice from one's head long enough to actually consider what one is saying before he says it. But in this case, one was so wrong about what one was saying, that it caused this one to shut that one's bellowing off before even half the webcast got through.

Oh, also, so what if exuberant people for whom English is not a first language wanted to get in on the fun? The way you complain about it makes you sound like a racist. To be frank.

That bit about how people who go around with handhelds don't spend time with systems simply isn't true. I don't think I have any friends or know anyone with a 3Ds or any kind of handheld who doesn't frequently use their at home consoles. This sounds more like something that is an exception only to you/your area. I'm sure people would agree.

Also he dosen't sound racist. It's not that English isn't his first language, you can't understand what he is saying! At all! That's crossing a line. Sure if he wants to be the demonstrator for the game, why not. But putting him as the speaker is just a poor choice that reflects badly on them and makes the conference that much more difficult for the attenedess. If it was just his second language then whatever, but he barely spoke it to the point where you could not understand him.

Oh man the number of awful major game publishers today is just piling up x/.

EA - Assholes
Ubisoft - Dickheads
Activision - Scum of the earth
Konami - Idiots
Square Enix - Retards
Nintendo - Shameless whores
Sony - Lying twats
Microsoft - Bringer of shit
and so on

Start to get to a point where it's easier to name the ones that aren't crap, and the ones that are still actually good could easily be counted on one hand.

I really wish these shitty game publishers could just fuck off as soon as possible. They are becoming nothing but destructive parasites anyway, infecting the market with shitty game after shitty game, doing everything in their power to maintain control and keeping game developers away from selling the game directly to the consumer.

Jim, I'm surprised you did explicitly mention the Suikoden franchise. Konami's treatment of this fan base is not simply frustrating or disappointing. I've never seen a company outright OFFEND a fan base as much as Konami has to that community.

I'm just surprised he didn't rip apart Capcom first. Despite Konami's blunders, they just seem to be a result of massive stupidity whereas Capcom is just pulling dick moves. They're trolling and getting away with it.

It's sad anyway, but you know...

touching up an 11 year old game... there's a sexual innuendo here somewhere

Just popping in to say that this got Jim blacklisted by Konami, just Jim and not destructoid.

Volothos:
Just popping in to say that this got Jim blacklisted by Konami, just Jim and not destructoid.

That article on Destructoid brought me here as well. At least now we know Konami are just as big a group of scumbags as the big players.

So, what's the update?

Well all I can say is I'm not going to buy any konami games for awhile

Konami does drugs...LOL

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64545)