LoadingReadyRun: PTA Meeting

Pages 1 2 NEXT

PTA Meeting

Rarely are parents and teachers on the same page.

Watch Video

Now I see what the call for extras was for.

Ladies and Gentlemen: the American Education System at its finest...

Seriously, now is a really good time to invest in Taipei...

"They're deep fried."
"In vegetable oil."
"Yeah, that should count as two."

Finally, someone agrees with me.

The Gentleman:
Ladies and Gentlemen: the American Education System at its finest...

Seriously, now is a really good time to invest in Taipei...

Something there went horribly, horribly wrong. The children were actually educated.

Won't someone PLEASE think of the Parents?

I betting the parents whose children were educated by Jamie Olvier during Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution were behaving exactly like that!

Everyone knows field trips to the Piranha Petting Zoo is safer.

Well. That was depressing.

Also, i thought the pizza is a vegetable thing was a myth. Looked it up, and... yeah.

maybe a few thousand kilometers and an ocean isn't enough.

Oh come on guys. Clearly people who weren't quite intelligent enough to figure out how to wrap a banana in an overcoat must be smart enough to raise a kid. Right?

In spite of the lead-in I was absolutely not ready for the parents to be that fantastically dumb and stubborn about being dumb. Excellent episode.

Awesome episode, that actually very well describes what a lot of people of my generation will be as parents.

I work in a school, this is *hilarious*.

There's not a day that goes by where I am told Storage Wars is on and my reply is of course "Texas or Original". Well played sir, well played.

Bravo, opening with the nailgun factory joke but then turning the whole thing on its head is just amazing. That has to be one of the best pitched and least predictable sketches i have ever seen.

"Overachivers are people who are too smart" Ahahahahaha! Oh man that bit got me.

Best moment watching the look on the extra's face after mentioning donkey seamen.

I just googled "pizza is a vegetable" and wow....

Parent's sure haven't, changed much since I was a kid. Of course this is was much funnier.

Sherlock/:
Well. That was depressing.

Also, i thought the pizza is a vegetable thing was a myth. Looked it up, and... yeah.

maybe a few thousand kilometers and an ocean isn't enough.

Hey! Pizza is a step up. In my day they tried to classify ketchup as a vegetable.

Good work, guys. I did not see that particular role reversal coming! Loving the stinger as well, I burst out laughing at their utter dissapointment for not getting refurbished nailguns!

How did you choose which extras got to speak: Thunderdome or 6 round Swiss?

Yayyy social satire!

This really isn't much of an exaggeration, and that makes me very, very sad.

Be a very intereting Loading Time...

Still don't know why I don't watch these more often, it's hilarious. And, according to the label, Manwich has is supposed to have a full serving of vegetables too :D

Bob's rusty nails and medical waste emporium would have been the safe bet for field trips since the invention of medical waste back in 1902.

"TLC is the learning channel?"

lol'd so hard when they said that in the huddle. Great job guys!

That was hilarious, but a little bit too true.

I was looking at the writers list, since I couldn't pin down who wrote it, and there were a lot of writers on this one, how come? Was it just a brain-storming session that turned into a "hey how about this" and "lets do this" kind of thing, or was it more a one persons idea that blew up from there?

Well, that was... bleak. Undeniably funny, yes, but bleak.

How many wigs does Kathleen own, anyway? I seriously didn't recognize her until she started speaking.

Educated, politically aware AND health conscious children? Is this a vision of a utopia? I want to live there.

This was seriously... bar none... the BEST one I've seen yet.

"TLC is the learning channel?!"

"I don't have a school in my house..."

"24 hours is like.... all day..."

I laughed so gods damned hard it hurts...

It was beautiful... pure and simple.

Aureliano:
Oh come on guys. Clearly people who weren't quite intelligent enough to figure out how to wrap a banana in an overcoat must be smart enough to raise a kid. Right?

In spite of the lead-in I was absolutely not ready for the parents to be that fantastically dumb and stubborn about being dumb. Excellent episode.

Sadly based on what ive seen in the united states the parents in this episode may even be dumber than they are portrayed. For example there are people in this country that want the government to stay out of their medicare which is government run. They get food stamps and think they are entitled to it yet at the same time want to abolish all government run social programs without realizing that food stamps are a government run program or if they know they think rich people will pick up the slack because they believe what Fox says.

Did you not have enough people as extras to fill the entire classroom or did you purposefully keep the room that empty to make a statement on the lack of parent attendance/participation?

Waaghpowa:
Educated, politically aware AND health conscious children? Is this a vision of a utopia? I want to live there.

Yeah, that's what you'd think, until the kids pass laws mandating euthanasia for people over 25 because they are a drain on their efficient society.

Waaghpowa:

I'd settle for educated, politically aware and health conscious adults....

Question: How true is this? Please tell me it was incredibly exaggerated, and few adults are that stupid. Please.

Oh, and this was one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a while!

Aardvaarkman:

Waaghpowa:

Yeah, that's what you'd think, until the kids pass laws mandating euthanasia for people over 25 because they are a drain on their efficient society.

Yeah, Logan's Run isn't a proper vision of the future, just saying. And if the most efficient society is the one where people over 25 must die (it won't be, but let's say it is), and with efficient meaning = The one with the most people living decent, happy, fullfilled lives, then what's wrong with it?
If one actually HAD to kill off the old in order for society to prosper, what's the big whoop?

This was brilliant, though. Great episode.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here