Assassin's Creed III

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Assassin's Creed III

The Assassins finally invade the New World.

Read Full Article

After AC2 I was quite bored. But this looks really interesting. I'm looking forward to this.

Perhaps in the multiplayer players will be able to camouflage themselves (Maybe like the camouflage system in Metal Gear Solid 3) to suit their area. I'm guessing the multiplayer will be like 'cat and mouse' which would make for some tense matches.

Being a bit of an outdoorsman myself, I'm very excited about the wilderness setting. It will be cool to would through a forest where the trees are more than more scenery, but a part of my strategy as well.

Did they say if any survival elements will be put into the game? I hope they would make it an option, like a New Vegas hardcore mode. But I'd understand if they didn't go that route, as it's not the point of the series.

I get more excited every time I hear about this game. jumping around in the trees sounds amazing!

I don't seem to be the first, and I don't think I'll be the last to say that I'm going to be spending most of my time jumping through the trees like a ninja. That's just too awesome a prospect.

Jumping through the forest sounds good, and I'm sure they can pull it off properly, but I'm going to miss the people of the city. If they're going to be historically accurate, odds are you would encounter only the occasional woodsman or militia patrol, which seems like it would cut down on story potential.

As potentially one of the few Desmond fans in the world, I hope they do actually give us some Desmond time, rather than just placing us on a black island for some pointless delay time.

Jumping through trees is all well and good, but what I wanted to know more about was the combat. Seriously, how are they dealing with guns?

I'm still not happy with the setting, and the new protagonist, but we'll see. They'll probably make it work. If not, there's still Desmond.

By the way, we still have to see the fella use a hidden blade, don't we?

On the note of interacting with Washington, Lee, etc.. I'm a bit worried, Ubisoft could be tempted into going all Brits=evil on us, and ignore some facts like southern states joined on the promise slavey would not be looked at or that most of the native americans involved sided with the british

Purple Dragon:
On the note of interacting with Washington, Lee, etc.. I'm a bit worried, Ubisoft could be tempted into going all Brits=evil on us, and ignore some facts like southern states joined on the promise slavey would not be looked at or that most of the native americans involved sided with the british

And the fact that Washington is a templar, as explicitly stated in ACII.

I believe the term to describe me is "bloody-cautiously optimistic"

The movement technology has been improved here as well, and there are even options for Connor to go through buildings as well as over and around them.

Insane. Unheard of.

Oh, and those screenshots look all sort of beautiful. And people thought that the US was a bad idea.

Daaaah Whoosh:
Jumping through trees is all well and good, but what I wanted to know more about was the combat. Seriously, how are they dealing with guns?

They said somewhere that the combat was going to rely on you moving around much faster and using the enemies as a sort of obstacle to jump around, kind of like in the Batman games. So I'm guessing there's gonna be more emphasis on the dodge button.

I can't help but think that the French Revolution/Napoleonic period would be far more fitting for the game. Not that this won't work, it's just nothing like the other games.

As a sidenote, if the Old North Church is not a viewpoint, someone needs to lose their job.

Oh. Count me in.

Even though my previous encounters with the series had left a stale taste because of either boredom inducement (AC1) or too much of contrived, illogical shit story (AC2), but being, moving and fighting in those worlds is just win.

Will indeed be interesting to see how they manage guns, though.

CAN NOT WAIT!!

seriously I love Ezio, and really enjoyed his full story, but this new location is a playground I can't wait to explore!

Richardplex:

Purple Dragon:

Whut? I have played AC2 HUNDREDS of times and never heard he was a Templar...Please tell me more O.O

OT: Ben Franklin is in this game you say? You mean this dude?

Oooooh it would be hilarious if he rap battled against Washington, but i can dream i suppose.

Anyway, joking aside, i am really looking forward to this, and im glad we are moving on from Ezio. Even though i could listen to his voice all day, it needed to end. I hope Connor is just as good, or even better. I don't want him to be another Altair, who i personally don't like character wise.

However, i wish they had picked another location, America is just to over-used now a days. I really hope that if the series continues, in maybe a new kind of story not following Desmond, that they explore England and Japan, Maybe even Ancient Greece and Egypt.

If I move my calendar straight through to October, will it get here quicker?

I hope they don't focus too much on the multiplayer. AC is all about the singleplayer. Also, I kinda hope the British aren't all dicks. I'd like to see a couple of nice chaps in there with decent morals. But at the same time I also want to see outrageous over-the-top colonialism-ho villains. because that would be awesome.

This makes me happy. I'm a HUGE Assassin's Creed fan, so October can't come any sooner.
I wonder how many days exactly until it comes out...

I'm a little confused about the story, is Connor siding with the Americans or the English?

Oh and, sounds really good, I guess. Cautiously optimistic is the route for me.

Honestly, the only question on my mind is who (or what) is going to replace those attention-seeking citizens from the previous games?

Will it be a pack of starving children, who ambush Connor the moment he enters a city, begging him for food?
Or will it be a group of prancing Frenchmen, who will gleefully begin serenading Connor whenever he gets too close?

Will it be a pack of stray dogs, who will tug at Connor's clothes and bark at him when he smells like blood?
Or will a bald eagle simply swoop down out of nowhere and push Connor into the nearest group of guards for no fucking reason...?

Honestly, Ubisoft needs to answer this question soon. I need to know!

As long as there are no stronghold's I am happy, having all income halted because your Assassin's were under attack by Templar's sucked

great. some outdoor time sounds good as well. but i still think they will copy a lot of the movie "the patriot".
looking forward to it.

arc1991:

Richardplex:

Purple Dragon:

Whut? I have played AC2 HUNDREDS of times and never heard he was a Templar...Please tell me more O.O

From the Assassin's Creed Wiki:

During the American Revolution, he was in possession of an Apple of Eden.
www.assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/George_Washington

Given the apples are used to control people (and not in a good way, see the Ford glyph in AC2), and that the Assassin's have basically decided to keep them hidden away rather than use them so they can't be abused, I believe the assumption has to be that Washington is probably a templar.

There's also the fact that he was a freemason, who many believe (particularly back there), were basically just a less aggresive extension of the original Knight's Templar.

VonKlaw:

Given the apples are used to control people (and not in a good way, see the Ford glyph in AC2), and that the Assassin's have basically decided to keep them hidden away rather than use them so they can't be abused, I believe the assumption has to be that Washington is probably a templar.

You might want to read the next sentence in that link:
"He was also a friend of Connor Kenway, an Assassin of English and Native American descent"

It would seem that the Templars are mainly English is this installation, but I must admit that I still expect some trickery at the American side (fingers crossed)

Andsre:

VonKlaw:

You might want to read the next sentence in that link:
"He was also a friend of Connor Kenway, an Assassin of English and Native American descent"

It would seem that the Templars are mainly English is this installation, but I must admit that I still expect some trickery at the American side (fingers crossed)

True, because it's not like Templars have pretended to side with Assassin's in order to get what they need (see AC1 or The Lost Archive). It's not inconcievable that a guy that uses a mind control device and is connected with a suspicious Templar-like organisation just might not be a good guy.

TheCaptain:

If my sources are correct, there will be no hidden blade. Instead, he'll be using the axe we saw in the trailer, and on much of the box-art.

... I sincerely hope my sources are wrong though... I like the hidden blade...
Don't get me wrong, I'd love the axe too. But maybe, it should replace a dagger? I dunno...

This looks awesome, sadly one of the only games I'm really looking forward to. Lots of nice additions and can't wait to see how exactly he's related to desmond and well the snow looks pretty and will change game play which is an interesting take rather than a simple colour swap.

Elochai_IV:
I sincerely hope my sources are wrong though... I like the hidden blade...
Don't get me wrong, I'd love the axe too. But maybe, it should replace a dagger? I dunno...

Yeah, a tomahawk ain't exactly a proper replacement... I've grown quite fond of the hidden swiss army knife. Instantly recognizable, more than a mere tool...

By the way, I hope they don't make the bloke too "solemn". Both former assassins were great because they started out as cocky bastards and matured over the course of the series. Also, at least Ezio was hilarious at times. I don't mind a laugh every now and then...

I hope we dont spend all the time in the wilderness, I really wanna see the colonial architecture of Boston and New York. Anyway looks great, I had my doubts on it but it looks like Ubisoft are actually working on it this time.

Elochai_IV:

TheCaptain:

If my sources are correct, there will be no hidden blade. Instead, he'll be using the axe we saw in the trailer, and on much of the box-art.

... I sincerely hope my sources are wrong though... I like the hidden blade...

Your sources are wrong

Connor is a master of dual-wielding. He fights with two hands, mixing tomahawk and knife, hidden blade and knife or other combos.

My source
http://kotaku.com/5896386/50-things-about-assassins-creed-iii-that-you-should-know

Not to mention that sneaking up on a target with a tomahawk in your hand is probably not the most subtle of methods.

Wat. Didn't Revelations come out in like November?

I'm hoping that the same guys weren't working on both games lol.

I know they said you wouldn't be forced into siding with the Americans all the time and the Brits wouldn't be all villains but I can't be the only one worried by the fact that all the videos, pictures and mentions we've had of fighting are against redcoats, all your known allies are high up members of the rebellion and the only target mentioned so far is a Brit.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here