Flashpoint

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

LazyAza:
I wish my underpants had the power to change pattern and color, that'd be awesome!

If I had magic underwear, I would not wear trousers either.

wooty:
I hope the ending to this saga is good, otherwise ill have to start up the "take back critical miss" movement, then boycott this comic, then threaten you with legal action, then make endless threads on why I dont like the ending.

Or I could just enjoy it and carry on with life.

Course Critical miss is free where as ME was 60 bucks for 3 installments + DLC not to mention I could sit down and read all of CM is less time then I have invested in a single play through of ME

soren7550:

wintercoat:

Sandytimeman:
actually it makes perfect sense why she did that. I know, for a life time of therapy. When someone calls you crazy and you are struggling with problems...it makes you mad, makes you feel like your less of a person than them.

Mental illness and trauma are not the victims fault but people still blame them anyway...and thats what mol is doing right now.

Also those meds generally have very harsh side effects, its usually just trying to feel more normal when you take them, rather then wanting to feel special. I've had some harsh side effects on those meds, severe depression, shakes, outbursts of uncontrollable anger, severe weight loss, and etc.

Especially when it feels like they're taunting you with it. Lashing out feels like the only thing you can do, so you do it. And afterwords, you feel like shit because you proved them right, which makes you feel like even less.

I'm with you two dudes. Pretty much was I was thinking, going from personal experience and all that (locked away in a psych ward for 2 1/2 weeks for something that didn't happen, and completely ostracized by my family because of it [didn't help that my mother was the one that put me there because her boyfriend wanted me out], among other things).

But then again, she dose think video game characters are talking to her.

And that's where the kicker comes in.

Loking at it from Mol's POV, Erin breaks into Clutch's house and is running around the room, howling and waving Clutch's 360 around. When confronted, she talks to her invisible friend Agent 47 (We've seen in previous comics that she does this out loud so they probably saw that), removes her pants and criticizes Mol's choice of boyfriends in front of said boyfriend. Then we find that, despite this sort of behavior, she refuses to take her meds. At this point, even without her ****-blocking Mol's Date Night (and Erin's possible role in a previous boyfriend leaving), I feel that Mol is more than justified in not tiptoeing around the issue at this point.

Oddly, Erin's reaction (Throwing the 360) reminds me of what happened on Firefly when River slashed Jayne's chest. You can be sympathetic to River and what she's going through while still agreeing with Jayne when he said "What happens next time she goes on a stabbing spree?"

Shit just got real. (With the possible exception of ever changing panties)

totally heterosexual:
Their panties change colour in every panel.

And Yet Chase's boxers stay the same...hmm interesting.

craddoke:
So, I think that throw counts as a ....

Critical Miss.

Ba dum tsh

And damn... I don't think it is good that I noticed the changing color pants.

I'd be pissed by losing my Skyrim saves too.

My.... My soul....
Damnit you two, stop hurting my soul!

Grey Carter:
Who says we don't listen to criticism?

The strawberry ones are the best.

Dear Grey and Cory: I love that you switch between gaming humour and tales of one woman's spiral into crushing depression.

Skyrim saves

Nooooooooooooo

Cerberus just walked in. Hmm.

totally heterosexual:

I didn't notice.
Wow, thats weird. I need to pay more attention.

Erin apparently ran someone over with a lawn mower and Mol is just now getting she's a bit loopy? A tad unobservant methinks...

craddoke:
So, I think that throw counts as a ....

Critical Miss.

respect, a really good one

@PantiesQ: G-Y for Erin and Rainbow for Mol..just in case ;)

This Story-Arc ist really nice and as along as Storystrips come with contemp. VG Refs, i am totally fine.

"It's all fun and games until someone throws all the Skyrim and Mass Effect saves against a wall."

Grey Carter:
Who says we don't listen to criticism?

And we'll never doubt you again. Not gonna lie, I laughed disjointedly more than I should have when I noticed which pieces of criticism get listened to the most.

She be crazy! But for once it was not because of the video game characters

I do like when you guys do a story line within this comic of yours

-M

Belated:

Bara_no_Hime:

Zachary Amaranth:
So...How often do they change underwear?

totally heterosexual:

Haxxle:
I really didn't want to say this but...why does their underwear keep changing its colour and stuff?

ThaBenMan:
A pretty serious turn at the end there, but lol at the magically-changing panties.

Flamezdudes:
And damn it I thought I was the only one who noticed the panties changing thing... And I also thought that perhaps it shouldn't be something I should care about... >.>

Oh good. I was worried that I would be the first to comment on it. I appear to be safe in that at least.

Anyway, they aren't just changing color - they're changing pattern. Different stripe thickness, sometimes polka dot.

Weird.

Edit:

Otaku World Order:
Not just colours but patterns too. I'd like to see Arcade Gamer Fubuki's magic panties do that.

Ah, I have been ninjaed, even in this.

For those of you wondering why the color changing underwear, I think it's a reference to this post made about the previous strip:

malignzeitgeist:
I know this is trying to be a tame bit of wish-fulfillment and this is just a small gripe. But can we get more interesting types of underwear on the girls? I mean, understandably this is not the main focus of the strip but it just seems odd that Mol, who was about to be having some fun times would be wearing plain ol' white tighty-whities.

Notice the "Who says we don't listen to criticism?" comment at the bottom of this comic. When I read that, I just had to investigate.

My work here is done.

What's this I'm witnessing? Conflicts? Ongoing storylines? CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT?!?!?!

What has the world come to...

erttheking:
Am I the only one that is thinking that this is steadily coming down with Cerberus Syndrom?

Gradually? Man, this thing came down with a full blown case at the start of the car crash arc. (Seriously, I really enjoyed the comic when it was about the office of a gaming website. The car crash storyline was mildly offensive. The current storyline, while somewhat entertaining, definitely feels like a completely different comic than we started with.)

ThaBenMan:
A pretty serious turn at the end there, but lol at the magically-changing panties.

Ninja'd... you took the words straight from my mouth

totally heterosexual:

cause of course that's totally something you need to pay attention to

I wonder if a human body would be enough to cushion the xbox.

hard choice, human life or game saves?

Stop talking about their panties!

Because of you all I went back and checked. I noticed they were nice. I feel... shame.

370999:

Daystar Clarion:
I don't like it.

You seem to be trying to appeal to a broader audience with all these different pants.

Sell outs.

I stopped liking it once you heard about it. Too mainstream

Both of you are a couple-a newfags.

I liked this comic when it was just a thought [don't ask how I knew about it, I use a method to keep up with artistic ideas that you probably never heard of]. Critical Miss took a turn for the worse once they started drawing it out. It sucks now that it's an actual webcomic. Fucking sellouts....

Alluos:
No! The Skryim saves!

Probably fine lol

My 360 went down a flight of stairs in my dads old apartment building, as long as the hard drive is in a single piece you can recover it. Now if the disk was inside the Xbox you got a whole different problem D:

Great... they pulled Tim Buckley. Here i thought that Critical Miss was above S*** like that.

TheAmokz:
Great... they pulled Tim Buckley. Here i thought that Critical Miss was above S*** like that.

If we were doing a Buckley then the Xbox would have been a little to the right and a lot lower.

Daystar Clarion:
I don't like it.

You seem to be trying to appeal to a broader audience with all these different pants.

Sell outs.

But there were no pants. At all.

a real skyrim fan would let Mol take the hit, that or dive in himself. :D

Clutch is weirdly... manly in panel 6.

superbatranger:

Daystar Clarion:
I don't like it.

Sell outs.

But there were no pants. At all.

No.

There were no trousers.

Silly colonials.

Do I smell a subtle American Beauty reference in there?

Vanguard1219:
... well, this comic strip started to get dark really fucking fast...

Agreed. But Im not against it. In fact, I kinda dig it. Ive always been a big fan the idea of making whacky characters talk about serious stuff inbetween the whacky bits. It makes the characters feel less like Snarky Mcsnarksnark and more like actual people with problems and emotions who just happend to snark a whole lot.

The final expression of the guy doesn't so much scream 'rage', than it does 'I have no muscles in my face'

Edit: I just hope it doesn't come down with B^U syndrome.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here