The Escapist's New Background

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

The Escapist's New Background

Dear Escapists,

We are happy to announce that, as of today and due to overwhelming popular demand, we are releasing a new default site skin along with multiple other background options for your browsing pleasure. You've asked for it, and we're ever eager to accommodate requests for more shiny. Give in to your curiosity, check it out, rejoice in the awesomeness, and then let us know what you think!

If you glance at the right hand side of your user profile you will find your "Browsing Options". Within you can peruse our wallpapers which range from classic Escapist blue to psychotically running, rainbow puppies (thanks to the creators of http://omfgdogs.com/). Some of our skins are animated, but you have the option of disabling this feature. It should be noted that these preferences will only be in effect as long as the site isn't otherwise engaged in a promotion. Publisher's Club offers ad-free viewing of the site, so its members are exempt from this condition and can always view their background of choice.

We hope that you enjoy the change of scenery and we welcome you to continue to provide us with your feedback!

Thank you for your support,
- The Escapist Staff

image: Flickr

Neato! Thanks guys!

EDIT: Holy shit the puppies are seizure inducing! Tell me you have one of these planned for kitties?!

About Fraken Time!

This is good. It finally feels like the Escapist again, while also having a new and up to date feel. I have yet to check out the extra backgrounds, but even the new default makes me very happy.

Thanks guys, good work.

Well that explains why the background suddenly changed.

For a second there i thought I was seeing things again.

Sleek blue; now that's what I like to see. The Escapist 'purrs' again.

And what in heaven's name is 'Bacon Ipsum'?

Definitely going with the ZP - Yellow one at the moment.

Fappy:
Neato! Thanks guys!

EDIT: Holy shit the puppies are seizure inducing! Tell me you have one of these planned for kitties?!

Puppies? What puppies? O.o

Love the ZP - Black. It goes really well with the default back color. Very well done.

"Bacon Ipsum" is a joke about "Lorem Ipsum", which is used in graphic design to see a mock up of the final design.

IndianaJonny:

Ha, there is a series of latin words strung together in gibberish that designers often use to test fonts out. It begins "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet". Thynameismud found a bacon version because bacon is amongst the best of all things that are good.

wintercoat:

Fappy:
Neato! Thanks guys!

Under the background settings the last option is puppies. Its... kind of awesome... though I think it would attract unwanted attention when at work >.>

Awesome!!! Thank you very much guys.

Puppies made me laugh a lot. Can we get one with ZOMGPONIES? Or even better... Ponycorns?

I friggin' love ponycorns.

Mumorpuger:

Puppies made me laugh a lot. Can we get one with ZOMGPONIES? Or even better... Ponycorns?

Stay tuned, we're going to be making another announcement later this week about how you can get involved :)

Fappy:

wintercoat:

Fappy:
Neato! Thanks guys!

Under the background settings the last option is puppies. Its... kind of awesome... though I think it would attract unwanted attention when at work >.>

Wow...didn't even see the background options...shows how much I paid attention.

On that note...OMG PUPPIES!!!!!

caiman16:
"Bacon Ipsum" is a joke about "Lorem Ipsum", which is used in graphic design to see a mock up of the final design.

http://baconipsum.com/

An important tool.

Nasrin:

IndianaJonny:

Ha, there is a series of latin words strung together in gibberish that designers often use to test fonts out. It begins "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet". Thynameismud found a bacon version because bacon is amongst the best of all things that are good.

Mouth-watering gibberish, huh? The best kind of gibberish there is.

Wow you guys are real cool dudes!
And by cool dudes I mean brilliant!

Oh well done escapist. Now I have no choice but to have flashing craziness on my sidebars like its a 90's website. You know I can't resist cute little doggies.

Whose a good doggie? yous a good doggie with big floppy hair.

By which I mean Thanks.

Nasrin:

Mumorpuger:

Stay tuned, we're going to be making another announcement later this week about how you can get involved :)

If by "getting involved" you mean give amazing feedback/suggestions here's mine: have a background of a volcano spewing a fountain of adorable kittens out the top.

Sweet, very awesome of the Escapist to give the choice of background to our own hands.
And i have to say, the puppies are cool...but really, really seizure-ish. But cool nonetheless.

we need moviebob faces! and jimquisition! and LLR!

Thankyou to anyone who made this happen - now I can read the Escapist in my darkened lair again!

Now can we get a mobile-friendly version?

Thanks to the ideas group I've been seeing some of these all week, but I see there are now even more choices, awesome!

CheesyGrin1992:
This is good. It finally feels like the Escapist again, while also having a new and up to date feel. I have yet to check out the extra backgrounds, but even the new default makes me very happy.

Thanks guys, good work.

I agree, the default is very comfortable.

What? This puppies one is so silly! How can I ever used that as my def-

DOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGS

Yeah, this one's staying.

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO YOUR FANS!

Dear god, did the original pure white background destroy my face! This is SO much more pleasing!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you all.

The Escapist's site designers have clearly compromised their artistic integrity, and thus the artistic integrity of all site designs, by buckling to fan demand for a less shitty site design.

The puppies gave me an aneurysm.

I demand compesatidsadasbaibadbYGTefjabnsdfn;ajncvkas fnJBHFPASIHDBFHVHDFVHSHDB

*drools*

I approve of this message.

Did anyone else's background options reset to default after a bit once you changed them? Mine just did. Bug? Isolated incident? Alien conspiracy? Magic? Puppies?!

hard mode: use puppies on animation "more pls" for 1 month.

Hallelujah, my eyes can rest!

snow for me, i will shout curses at the stuff in winter but always kinda miss it in the summertime

This is great news!
More than I'd hoped for when complaining about the background a while ago.

Ta muchly.

Oh thank goodness, it's not eye burning white anymore.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here