The Escapist's New Background

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Nasrin:

Okay seriously guys, what is with all this artistic integrity satire? We're trying to do something nice for you, please accept it graciously and don't be so hard on the art team.

EDIT: But really, is this a reference to something specific? It's the third or fourth time I've seen that.

I do believe they are playing off the debate surrounding the idea of changing the Mass Effect 3 ending.

Huzzah, no more eye strain for me!

Arkley:
The Escapist's site designers have clearly compromised their artistic integrity, and thus the artistic integrity of all site designs, by buckling to fan demand for a less shitty site design.

I'm amused.

On topic: Much better. Thank fuck for that. ZP Black is decent too, but the classic blue reigns supreme.

Also, fuck Puppies.

Oh goodness, I could watch that Pomeranian just about forever...

I think we need a new button badge for this one.

Thank you, good people of The Escapist! Glad to have the blue-black back. It's much nicer on the eyes.

OH MY GOD! The puppies background is incredibly annoying! I am so keeping it. Thanks, guys.

TopazFusion:

AC10:
hard mode: use puppies on animation "more pls" for 1 month.

... and idea for the red button?

'hard mode button' = bieber fever + random spins + puppies

mwahahahahahaha

Since there is no rain I will go with snow.

PUPPIES!!!

In order to avoid a low content post, I will repeat emphatically: PUPPIES!!!!!!

I currently have the puppy background. The best way to sum up my reaction is to quote the "solvemedia" captcha: "i'm blessed".

The escapist is readable again! Rejoice, rejoice!

Hurricadium:

Nasrin:

Okay seriously guys, what is with all this artistic integrity satire? We're trying to do something nice for you, please accept it graciously and don't be so hard on the art team.

EDIT: But really, is this a reference to something specific? It's the third or fourth time I've seen that.

I do believe they are playing off the debate surrounding the idea of changing the Mass Effect 3 ending.

Oh! Well carry on with your jokes then. I thought you were making fun of us, haha.

Oh hey, the site kinda looks like how it used to... You know, that is the format that didn't need changing.

HOW AWESOME.

...But seriously, glad it's not eye gouging white anymore. The site gradually improved with time and the restoration of the classic background is a welcome addition.

Now, for the love of GOD, please do NOT change the god damn format AGAIN. This is FINE.

DO
NOT
FUCKING
CHANGE
IT
AGAIN.

Please...

My good sir words cannot describe the overwhelming joy I feel at this announcement. If were to be sitting next to you right now I would kiss you.

Yes! This is exactly what we needed, it's so much easier on the eyes now. Thank you!

So...many...puppies...yeeeeeeeeeeeahhhh PUPPIES!

edit

I liked all the backgrounds- sadly I have my 'zoom' so close that I can see mainly just the posts if nothing more beside it. So really I miss out seeing these awesome backgrounds and even neat animations.. perhaps I should zoom out a bit instead of being 100+ in haha.

Yup, Puppies it is for me. If I keep it up long enough maybe my eyes will shoot rainbows.

AC10:

What does the 'moar plz' do?

Arkley:
The Escapist's site designers have clearly compromised their artistic integrity, and thus the artistic integrity of all site designs, by buckling to fan demand for a less shitty site design.

Lol I can't believe it took 27 comments.

Electrogecko:

Arkley:

I can't believe people didn't get it. I wasn't exactly subtle, and those who followed in making the joke were even less so. I feel bad about upsetting Nasrin though, since it's clear a lot of hard work went into this for no reason other than to do something nice for their fans.

For whatever it's worth, the new designs are actually great.

Arkley:

Electrogecko:

Arkley:

I can't believe people didn't get it. I wasn't exactly subtle, and those who followed in making the joke were even less so. I feel bad about upsetting Nasrin though, since it's clear a lot of hard work went into this for no reason other than to do something nice for their fans.

For whatever it's worth, the new designs are actually great.

I agree.

I like how the apocalypse one looks like the default got old and decayed.

It's just funny because it was the first thing that I thought to say as I was reading the article and it seemed like gold...I would've guessed it would be too predictable if anything.

Funny how it didn't go over well for the opposite reason.

It's good to see that familiar blue again.

The Escapist looks like The Escapist again! AND doesn't make my eyes hurt any more!

Great work, everybody. Thank you.

yay no more silly news panel rotating faster than you read the titles let alone press one one.

I have a small problem. I selected a few backgrounds (to see what the options were).
In the end i selected Apocalypse. The problem is that it randomly sometimes changes itself to "puppies" (it wouldn't be a big problem if it didn't give me a headache).

thanks I really like the ZP black background! the dog background looks like it,s done by the guy that did the art for the Scott Pilgrim game.

My eyes aren't burned out of my skull when I visit here anymore. This is a good thing.

Ah, the good old classic background (or near enough). I approve of this.

Nasrin:

Arkley:

Please take care to phrase your criticisms respectfully.

I'm pretty sure that it was a ME3 joke.
OP: Sweet. I had already fixed the background problem myself, but this is still awesome.

Nasrin:

Fireworks and a darker text background for me.

Thanks for the change. Much better.

Out of curiosity, why did it take so long? No doubt it's not a simple flick of a switch and a lot of planning and tweaking went into it. But it seems like a life-time ago that the "oh god, my eyes" posts happened and people complained.

I thought it was fine before. But this is great.

*thumbs up*

Captcha: stool pigeon

I got really scared when it changed back.
Had gotten used to the new background(after you gave us slightly darker choices), but it's great to see the old dark blue one back again. Many thanks!

Now all that needs fixing is the abysmal layout.

soren7550:

AC10:

What does the 'moar plz' do?

For me in IE it seemed to make it animate faster, in Firefox it did nothing.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here