Pick Your Path: Mass Effect

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Start your quest for the ultimate endorsement in this new Mass Effect Pick Your Path Adventure!

Read Full Article

At the beginning I was kinda perplexed and wondering why the hell that this was on The Escapist.

Then I got to the end. Blinked and went. Well that was 5 minutes of my life I would never get back.

Then I pressed the back button and tried another ending.

Then I Lol'd.

Good job sir.

Better story, choices and ending paths than the actual mass effect? MIKE! ONLY YOU CAN SAVE BIOWARE.

I find your lack of Turians disturbing.

My story had Turians, they were awesome.

Also, new favorite line, "Never thought a chair'd have the guts to sit back! Ha!"

65 links to 68 and 67, should be 66 and 67 respectively.

Loop Stricken:
65 links to 68 and 67, should be 66 and 67 respectively.

Corrected!

You my green friend have balls. Good work.

Hell yeah, I killed Bailey. I am true krogan.

Well done, good sir! But yes, Tali said she was an only child in ME1. So that must have been someone else claiming to be a Zorah. Judging how militant she was, I'd have to say that she was Han'Garrel's progeny.

Wow. That was pretty fricking awesome. Good show.

Tanakh:
You my green friend have balls. Good work.

Yeah, man's a quint, no question.

This thing was pretty awesome, I loved it.

As much as I love Skyrim, I cared more about the characters in this than pretty much anyone in it..with the possible exception of Parturnax. You know it's good when you stop making Renegade choices half way through because you care too much ;_;

This was great! I was an asari, I denied Shepard the lower prices and then all kinds of stuff went wrong. My store failed, I tried to bribe that other store owner, was contacted by TIM, ended up on Horizon, got abducted and then saved by turians (excellent addition, we never saw the Cabals in the actual game!), almost died in space, got saved by Francis and his elcor Hamlet cast, got attacked by the vorcha on the Flotilla (and was saved by a badass quarian while riding on the back of the elcor Hamlet... I never thought I'll say a sentence like this), slept with that turian, followed the Normandy through the Omega 4 relay, failed to get to Shepard, used my recording device as a shield and broke it symbolically. In the end, I went to Palaven with the turian and we started a biotic acceptance group. I got a new shop that didn't need Shepard's endorsement. I'm satisfied with my outcome :D

You owe me two hours of my life bac-... Who am I kidding, I'll go check out the story with the krogan and a human as well.

Seems there is a issue with links at the end of the Asari line.

Edit -

Aside from that, I quite enjoyed the Asari line. Gonna have to see how the other two play out now.

All that just to get Shepard's endorsement. Hilarious! (The stock photo joke with the Quarian. Priceless.)
This was awesome. On to the other two!

shintakie10:

I ran into the same error in my human playthrough.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/9514-Pick-Your-Path-Mass-Effect.147

BanZeus:

shintakie10:

I ran into the same error in my human playthrough.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/9514-Pick-Your-Path-Mass-Effect.147

Hey guys, sorry about that. The Zohya ending glitch has been fixed! Glad you're enjoying it otherwise!

I enjoyed it, but I can't work out whether the jab at ME3 "Retakers" is snide or light hearted. In any case, I don't have any right to ask you to alter the endings I found, for three reasons:

You didn't advertise or promise me anything,
Even if you had, I didn't pay you anything,
There were no technical storytelling errors that I could detect. No plot holes, and you didn't shit on your threads or the lore. The difference between making those mistakes and not making them is the difference between having any artistic integrity to defend and not.

I didn't like all the endings. I wanted to be able to do more at the *other* planet the human can go to earlier on... But even so, I can stand by them all as artistic decisions, unlike ME3's actual ending.

Edit: I might have found one error, just skimming. Don't elcor move slowly regardless of the gravity? To paraphrase the in-game encyclopaedia, "a consequence of developing on a planet with gravity so high that a single misstep can mean death".
Ah, still, this is essentially fanfiction, and not subject to the same checks and balances that professional, multimillion dollar products ought to be. It doesn't matter.

Mike Kayatta:

Start your quest for the ultimate endorsement in this new Mass Effect Pick Your Path Adventure!

Read Full Article

I have to say.. that was just incredible story telling. I chose to be a human, and from there my choices really felt like they mattered which they did in fact matter! What's funny is that every option I felt 'right' picking, the choices that were about helping others- actually gave me Paragon points. For that, I really appreciate it especially near the end.

Thank you so much for this incredible story telling. Heck I even stayed during the 'Stage Playing' with the Elcor and Francis, giving them positive criticism. Every moment made me appreciate the original series once more and again I must say- it was worth an hour reading through. Yeah I died a few times but not because of Renegade (never picked options leading to those which is a relief for me) but just bad calls I would say. Still, this was just.. awesome. I give this a 9.5 out of 10 :}

I'm a random internet user, and this has been my favorite Pick Your Path on the Escapist.
The Space Hamlet was a nice touch--I should probably read the actual play first of all...

Hah!

After the Mass Effect debacle left me a bit sour, I found this to be quite a fun little diversion. Good work, it couldn't have been easy trying to write out so many different scenarios while keeping it all together.

I don't have a problem with the endings Mike, I'm just glad my choices ACTUALLY matter!
I DO have a problem with .61 where you almost mentioned "the microorganism that must not be named". Stealing that idea from George Lucas shows you CLEARLY have no sense of artistic integrity.

I loved this, great work! Played through the Asari, and I was laughing a good bit. =) And no need for a different ending with Mass Effect story. It was smart, funny, and above all made sense, with closure at the end to boot!

I can't wait to play the other two.

edit: BTW I'll be buying your three books for this great effort.

Definitely the best CYOA the Escapist has made.

Without a doubt.

Someone give this guy a medal.

I sure hope I'm not the only one who read all of Virgil's lines in Johnny Depp's voice

By the way. That was amazing

my only problem is that my character didnt really feel like a krogan other then that i loved it might try to play as an asari later.

This is now officially canon for my Shepard. :D

TheProfessor234:
My story had Turians, they were awesome.

Also, new favorite line, "Never thought a chair'd have the guts to sit back! Ha!"

yeah loved that!

wow watch elcor hamlet, slept with a turian biotic and returned from the omega 4 relay!
not bad for a mornings work

Did the Krogan story, thought it was smeggin' brilliant (though, he did seem a bit...soft for a Krogan, but oh well). Plus, I love the whole aspect of following Sheperd's story throughout Mass Effect 2, felt very Forrest Gump-esque. Actually, that sounds like a good idea for the next Mass Effect game, where you import your save and just follow Sheperd throughout the story, always missing him/her at last second.

Top marks, Mr Writer Guy, well done.

Great story, Mike Kayatta, I especially liked the consistent facetious tone you managed to maintain throughout the adventures.

*long hard clapping* Well done. Well done indeed Sir!

Love it. The tone seems to stay humorous even throughout the high action bits. Only complaint is

Katyana'Zorah nar Rayya. First, Tali'Zorah is an only child, and

Daft Ghosty:
I loved this, great work! Played through the Asari, and I was laughing a good bit. =) And no need for a different ending with Mass Effect story. It was smart, funny, and above all made sense, with closure at the end to boot!

I can't wait to play the other two.

edit: BTW I'll be buying your three books for this great effort.

Hey, that's awesome! I hope you like them.

Also, thanks to everyone else in the thread for your kind words! I'm super pleased that you guys seem to be getting a kick out of it!

Elcor Hamlet was beautiful. Bravo good sirs, bravo.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here