Velocity

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Velocity

An Object In Motion

Read Full Article

Kratos is right. That went perfectly, you got rid of the xbox, had some sexy no-pants wrestling and then left and even got your pants back. You also missed the Dog turd when you flew out the door.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Wow, maybe physically throwing her out was a bit of an over-reaction? :p

Fasckira:

After she threw a games console at someone's face? Not really.
The loss of Skyrim saves alone is worth a dropkick to the tits. :P
Then again, that's what you get for not using a PC. ;)

Fasckira:

What do you mean? That Xbox could be damaged!

Kratos, how many times have you been thrown into Hades? Yeah, you are no longer the judge of whether or not getting thrown in or out of something is successful...

Dude...that was a dick move. I'm...like not even able to express my hate towards characters I previously liked. Mol and Mr.Geeky there need to go take a drive asap so they can run into another poll.

Seriously he is pretty much responsible for her brain damage, he doesn't know what its like to try and deal with the meds, and he doesn't care because hes hooking up with her roomate anyway. Why should he take any responsibility. Grrr >.>

This concludes that the indoctrination theory is true.

Sandytimeman:
Dude...that was a dick move. I'm...like not even able to express my hate towards characters I previously liked. Mol and Mr.Geeky there need to go take a drive asap so they can run into another poll.

Seriously he is pretty much responsible for her brain damage, he doesn't know what its like to try and deal with the meds, and he doesn't care because hes hooking up with her roomate anyway. Why should he take any responsibility. Grrr >.>

You know, when put that way....

She was just saving Clutch! Even Greg Tito recommends smashing it!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116568-Beware-Your-Old-Xbox-Stores-Personal-Information

Her panties still change color lol

Anouther great comic but the poor 360 may not recover

I'm like...really mad at elliot here. He seriously just told someone he knows has mental problems to grow up.

LIKE GROWING UP CURES MENTAL PROBLEMS!!!!

I would've liked a SMT Persona 3 reference here, like "The Lovers Arcana has been reversed!"

Maybe next comic, Erin will have an epiphany, form a bond that can not be broken, and then be able to create the most powerful persona of the devil arcana, Beelzebub, prince of devils!

Veldie:
Her panties still change color lol

Anouther great comic but the poor 360 may not recover

the panties are a alien life-form and its parasitic nature causes hallucinations :P

An object in motion tends to scrub their knees.
Harsh!

Well that was not very nice. Then again she did crash their little party and almost killed someone with an xbox..

Uh, grow up? I really don't see how this is a "grow up" situation. I really don't think it boils down to Erin being immature. I think a more appropriate response would have been "mind your own business," or maybe "take your damn meds," since we've just been told that she has medication to help with her condition but she's refusing to take it for some bizarre reason.

On the other hand, some of her behavior that led up to this situation could be seen as immature, I suppose. Sneaking into Clutch's house to swipe his Xbox just to spite him for preferring consoles to PCs is pretty childish. Then again so was his mocking Erin for her own preferences. So yeah...pot calling the kettle black there? Well granted her behavior was much more childish than his, but they were still along the same vein.

Ugh, this is getting complicated. Why do web comics which start out focusing on humor always seem to inevitably try to turn soap opera serious? All we need now is for one of the female characters to have a miscarriage.

Oh yes, I went there.

Third last panel.

hnnnnnnnnnnnngh

Why does she even spend time with these people? They deserve to be alone and miserable.

Shoe in da face!!! She deserved the insult to injury after that faceplant.

You would, Kratos. You would.

Sandytimeman:
I'm like...really mad at elliot here. He seriously just told someone he knows has mental problems to grow up.

Indeed. However there is an issue when someone doesn't take their medication. And to a certain degree, it's not his problem, it's Erin's. However storming his house, stripping down to her panties, wrestling with a girl and throwing a console at someone's face is well an issue...

Sandytimeman:

1st Erin had a seat belt that she CHOSE not use, a seat belt she CONTINUES not to use. She's just as much to blame as Geek

2nd I DO know what it's like to deal with meds and when you go off them, it's still your choice and you should be held responsible for YOUR OWN actions.

3rd Erin talks to videogame characters that aren't there (and she knows they aren't), but her roommate dating a co-worker is too "weird"?

Sandytimeman:
I'm like... really mad at elliot here. He seriously just told someone he knows has mental problems to grow up.

Considering her own petty vindictiveness against consoles is what STARTED this whole episode (she went over to Geek's house of her own accord I assume) yeah she's immature, even without the effects of the brain damage.

What is up with her expression in the second to last panel?

Qitz:
Kratos is right. That went perfectly, you got rid of the xbox, had some sexy no-pants wrestling and then left and even got your pants back. You also missed the Dog turd when you flew out the door.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Unfortunately she didn't get Mol and Mr. Geek to break-up

FULL SYNCHRONIZATION FAILED

370999:

Sandytimeman:

Indeed. However there is an issue when someone doesn't take their medication. And to a certain degree, it's not his problem, it's Erin's. However storming his house, stripping down to her panties, wrestling with a girl and throwing a console at someone's face is well an issue...

Right but he is also the one responsible for the accident that gave Erin that mental condition. Apparently if I were to lame someone and then bitch about them having to sit in a wheel chair. Finally culminating in me yelling at them "STOP BEING LAZY AND WALK!"

Maybe I'm a sucker/softie, but giving her an airborne exit seems extreme. March her out and slam the door in her face, sure I could get on board with that. Not the bouncer special though. A bit too much.

Love the discussion in the facebook comments about whether this encourages violence against women or not.
(Protip: It doesn't)

I also love that I got the Lonely Island reference. I keep listening to that song lately.

For some reason I find I enjoy these comics significantly less when Elliot is present. If he's not boring me he's irking me. It's probably my dislike of him that's led me to dislike this recent venture into storyline country.

Ah well, I'll get over it.

Shit just got real...er. I mean shit got real when she threw an xbox, BUT A SHOE TO DA FACE? Oh boy

totally heterosexual:
Third last panel.

hnnnnnnnnnnnngh

The THIRD panel...

For kratos anything less being trown to hell and/or being killed is doing pretty well

Cerberus syndrome claims another victum.

But seriously I find it funny how this has turned into a serious discussion on mental defects and domestic violence. Its rather weird.

Also, Kratos is a dick.

Is there anything cuter then Erin all scruffy from fistycuffs, kneeling in the mud with no trousers on?

The answers no.

Sandytimeman:

And sneaking into somebody elses house in the middle of the night for no sane reason, seemingly stealing there property and then reacting with a violent outburst for what honestly sounded like a good point (why doesn't she take her meds?) is the proper way to act? Accident or not she has very little ground to stand on considering the all clear she got from the hospitable, the fact that she's not taking steps to fix her problem and cant seem to explain just why she attempted to inflict pretty severe harm on a friend- no bitch deserved to get bounced

Fragmented_Faith:

Sandytimeman:

And sneaking into somebody elses house in the middle of the night for no sane reason, seemingly stealing there property and then reacting with a violent outburst for what honestly sounded like a good point (why doesn't she take her meds?) is the proper way to act? Accident or not she has very little ground to stand on considering the all clear she got from the hospitable, the fact that she's not taking steps to fix her problem and cant seem to explain just why she attempted to inflict pretty severe harm on a friend- no bitch deserved to get bounced

Except you've probably never been on those meds. Sometimes they put you into a semi veg state, sometimes your filled with extreme bursts of emotion, sometimes you are suicidal and try and harm yourself. It takes years to properly dose and tweak meds so they work and arn't worse then the problem they are fixing.

It is hard to stay on your meds, growing up I loved to draw and write. After going on my meds I would just sleep all day, a couple of times I tried throwing myself down the stairs, I only ever had the inspiration and motivation to draw when I wasn't on meds. So I kept not taking my meds when I could get away with it.

Mike Fang:
Uh, grow up? I really don't see how this is a "grow up" situation. I really don't think it boils down to Erin being immature. I think a more appropriate response would have been "mind your own business," or maybe "take your damn meds," since we've just been told that she has medication to help with her condition but she's refusing to take it for some bizarre reason.

On the other hand, some of her behavior that led up to this situation could be seen as immature, I suppose. Sneaking into Clutch's house to swipe his Xbox just to spite him for preferring consoles to PCs is pretty childish. Then again so was his mocking Erin for her own preferences. So yeah...pot calling the kettle black there? Well granted her behavior was much more childish than his, but they were still along the same vein.

Ugh, this is getting complicated. Why do web comics which start out focusing on humor always seem to inevitably try to turn soap opera serious? All we need now is for one of the female characters to have a miscarriage.

Oh yes, I went there.

The reason she doesn't take the med is that the pills don't help they just make the hallucinations weirder. For example in the comic that that was expleined she saw a Spacemarine/Link mix-thingie with a weird, floating Roboskull navi.

Sandytimeman:
Except you've probably never been on those meds. Sometimes they put you into a semi veg state, sometimes your filled with extreme bursts of emotion, sometimes you are suicidal and try and harm yourself. It takes years to properly dose and tweak meds so they work and arn't worse then the problem they are fixing.

It is hard to stay on your meds, growing up I loved to draw and write. After going on my meds I would just sleep all day, a couple of times I tried throwing myself down the stairs, I only ever had the inspiration and motivation to draw when I wasn't on meds. So I kept not taking my meds when I could get away with it.

There's a point when not staying on meds due to the fact that they suck stops being all about you. That point is rapidly shrinking in the rear view mirror when breaking and entering seems like an ok idea. That's when the meds are not really for your sake anymore and that's where the "grow up" bit comes in. Sometimes (Well, ok, pretty often) we suffer discomforts in order to not be a burden to others, and that's something we all have to do. It's a bummer, but there there you go.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here