Escape to the Movies: Wrath of the Titans

Pages PREV 1 2 3

The first was one of the laziest, most generic pieces of garbage I've ever seen. I think I'll be giving this a miss somehow.

"Hey go see The Raid instead" because it has guys doing kung fu and shooting rifles?... Umm I'd rather watch Perseus fight fucking Cerberus to be honest.

Speaking of "looks like a video game" comparisons...

The Raid looks like an arcade Beat-em-up. With guns!

I'm hoping others noted the irony when Bob said he advises us to see the raid based on what seems like just about any generic fight scene. Looks pretty boring to me.

I'm still going to see Wrath of the Titans. Because I actually liked and admired the first movie- yeah it was cheesy here and there but the action scenes were my kind of thing so.. since this is better then the first, my chances of being disappointed are far more slim now. Plus, dude.. the trailer was just epic. Loved the music that went with it.

However that other movie, "Raid".. I should check it out. Looks really neat with martial arts constant action! W00T!

Lvl 64 Klutz:

DVS BSTrD:
A month or two from now, all anyone will remember from this review is
"Anchorman Two"

Really? I for one will certainly never forget that MovieBob recommended a movie with Dane Cook in it.

Yeah, not something a whole lot of people will forget to be honest. I don't care if the movie is up for an Oscar, it's just not gonna happen.

OT: I saw the first one expecting to see crap and I was right, but to be honest it was the Rifftrax version, so at least I was entertained in that regard. This sequel? I don't know, I might catch this just before it leaves the theatre.

Don't bother. I just saw WOTT today. It's really boring. They play it up like you're actually gonna see a lot of Titans cause lets face it the Titans are actually far more interesting and underplayed than the Greek gods but theres just one in this really. It's Chronos and trust me for an omnipotent pre-big greek bang god he's lame really lame. In fact I'm so disappointed having gone in expecting either A. an illustrative look at the Greek pantheon or at least B. A WWF WAR OF THE GODS film. You get neither. You get the main characters of the first one doing more uninteresting stuff.

The weirdest part is that the movie is really sparse. You'll get the impression there's only about a couple hundred people in Greece. They really dig into the whole "nobody worships us anymore" but who is they? Not a Hades or Zeus worshiper to be found in the whole movie. Hell the whole movie takes place around a village with maybe 50 people in it. The only one getting prayed to in this is Ares and he spends the movie acting like a big unloved baby.

Yeah, I'm sorry....what? Bob, you might not have any memories of the first movie because you watch so many movies, but I have a very, very distinct memory of it sucking so hard it created a fucking black hole in the universe.

Clash/Wrath of the Titans/Immortals all just looked like generic action movies to me. Though to be honest, the few seconds of The Raid footage gets the same reaction from me. For some reason, I actually like movies with some kind of story, not just action scene orgies. Oh well, everyone has their own tastes. But telling me to seek out a movie solely based on a few seconds of people beating each other up isn't an easy sell.

Oh, and Mirror, Mirror wasn't that bad. Forgettable, yes, but not the bottom of the "worst films of the year" lists.

sorry to disapoint you bob, but i actually really did enjoy clash of the titans and i remember nearly all of it, it followed the original mostly,tweaked it here and there, but it was really good, i love it

I actually DO remember Clash of the titans, but only because I thought the "let's declare war on the gods" was the stupidest premise I'd ever heard.

Interesting... I remember getting a very distinct feeling that Battle: LA was like a movie version of a Call of Duty-style FPS. So it's not really surprising to me that Wrath of the Titans would have a video game feel also. I'll bet the director is a gamer.

Probably will see it one day no real rush to see it, I'm bumped about the raid though, seeing it will fall of my radar very soon yet i still want to see it really really bad.

Please mention a DVD/Blu Ray Release of some sort when the time comes.

I wasn't interested partly because the first kind of was related to actual Greek Myth, but the second just seems to be riding on the popularity of the first, but after hearing "big, dumb, homeless Super Saiyans," I kind of want to see it for the heck of it.

Also, Anchorman was a good, funny movie but a sequel this many years after the first just seems like a cash grab. I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's funny.

Was that just three movie reviews in one? Good form, Bob!

I think the naming conventions of this series is going to run out of steam fast. I mean, what's next? Math of the Titans where Euclid must defeat Hyperion by tricking him into taking the wrong angle? (as opposed to the right angle. Get it? GET IT?) How about Bath of the Titans where Bridget Bardot must defeat Mnemosyne by getting naked? Or Cash of the Titans where the titans send the Blues Brothers on a mission to raise enough money to save the orphanage? And why not Snacks of the Titans where Harold and Kumar get the titans all baked and they go on a quest to find pizza rolls? Actually that second one might not be so bad, but the rest sound terrible.

the antithesis:
I think the naming conventions of this series is going to run out of steam fast. I mean, what's next? Math of the Titans where Euclid must defeat Hyperion by tricking him into taking the wrong angle? (as opposed to the right angle. Get it? GET IT?) How about Bath of the Titans where Bridget Bardot must defeat Mnemosyne by getting naked? Or Cash of the Titans where the titans send the Blues Brothers on a mission to raise enough money to save the orphanage? And why not Snacks of the Titans where Harold and Kumar get the titans all baked and they go on a quest to find pizza rolls? Actually that second one might not be so bad, but the rest sound terrible.

The next one will be Bash of the Titans. Hephaestus invents the internet but the Titans use it to troll the gods. The big ending will be when our hero has to face off against LOL Titan.

Jellly:
I'm hoping others noted the irony when Bob said he advises us to see the raid based on what seems like just about any generic fight scene. Looks pretty boring to me.

Having seen more than a few kung-fu films in my time, I would just like to say that the Raid trailer has some of the most impressive coreography I've yet seen. Bouncing a guy's head repeatedly off a wall isn't something we get to see all that often in kung-fu films. I, for one, am really intrigued. If it's as good as Ong Bak 2, then we're onto a winner.

I have absolutely zero interest in Clash or Wrath, but thanks for putting The Raid on my Raid-ar (sorry). Seriously though, looks badass.

"Liam Neeson and Ray Fynes stomping around a battlefield, in their big dumb fake beards throwing people around like a pair of supersaiyans."

Bahahahhaa!

That was a good one. Saw a review for The Raid in one of the local free papers, also said it was damn cool choreographed (Indonesian or Malasian?) fighting.

Berithil:
I'll probably see this. Yeah, I'm sure its gonna be more of a generic action movie, but it will be nice to see some titans that, you know, ARE ACTUALLY TITANS!!

Seriously, I watched immortals and, as huge Greek mythology buff, I had to restrain myself from throwing something at the tv. It was a decent action flick as far as the general movie went, but as for the mythology, I think that might of been the worst movie I've seen as far as ruthlessly butchering the source material. I'm sure this movie won't do it as bad as immortals.

Now, rant over, I enjoyed the remake of clash. Yeah the original was better, but it was a decent action movie that did its job as entertainment, so this will probably be the same. Also, I need to see some actual Greek mythological monsters, not some guy wearing a bull shaped helmet.

Sorry about my rant, I needed to get that out of my system

I'm glad you did rant. I could not agree more with you. A Titan should look interesting: not like a human being heavily spattered with cool whip.

How do you take characters that were sort of the comic book super heroes of their day and make them THIS boring!?!? I wasted $30 to see this in 3D on my TV. Maybe I'll get a couple of bucks back on Ebay.

Agent Larkin:
And "Anchorman 2?" REALLY? Come on that movie did not deserve a sequel. One or two funny moments at most.

Clearly you missed the review where Bob admits he thinks Will Ferell is funny.

For some reason.

Actually I am kind of looking forward to that other Snow white movie. Julia Roberts movies Im always skipping, don't like her. Even the footage you are showing here looks kind of horrible.

Well Kristen steward isn't much better but hey, at least the movie looks kind of promising. And Kristen looks kind of nice in some shots. ^^

About Clash of the Titans, I liked it, for the brainless thing that it was. I'm sorry to see that this movie isn't any better. So this will probably mean that I won't watch it in theater but wait untill its on DVD or Blu-Ray.

I dunno what to make of this, I can let Watchman slide, but the Immortals was such an awful, awful, awful movie. My trust in Moviebob is a little fractured.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

Jellly:

Having seen more than a few kung-fu films in my time, I would just like to say that the Raid trailer has some of the most impressive coreography I've yet seen. Bouncing a guy's head repeatedly off a wall isn't something we get to see all that often in kung-fu films. I, for one, am really intrigued. If it's as good as Ong Bak 2, then we're onto a winner.

Fair enough. However from somebody that has seen action movies but not an extensive amount, the trailer does look fairly "generic action" kind of thing. That's just from my perspective though.

Oh... oh Movie Bob I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously any more.

Ever since you decided to make a 'Big Picture' video where you just... well... complained about everything I can't take you seriously anymore.

I guess, our relationship is over. Well it's true that I kind of saw this coming but I hoped it would still be far away. I was never truly happy anyway.

So thanks for the memories Bob... I'll miss you.

Who's Ray Fiennes?

Pfft. Clash of the Titans (2010) was about as engaging as plain lettuce in a white bowl.
Arguing that the characters are acting out of character would imply that they had personality to begin with. And the only thing I can remember from that movie were the monsters and CGI.

You give Wrath of the Titans a passing grade, but couldn't bother with The Hunger Games?

Well, it's your opinion... your crazy, crazy opinion ;)

Thanks for bringing up The Raid, I had no idea of its existence and am now dragging all my friends to it!

Saw Mirror Mirror Friday night with the wife. It was entertaining and I am in no way a fan of Julia Roberts.

the raid and immortals. ok i'm on it like Cilla's bonnet

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or