Escapist Podcast: Bonus: Mass Effect 3 With Spoilers Part 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

There's a lot of issues that people have about the pre-release hype for mass effect 3. The first post of the link below contains 10-20 referenced quotes from Bioware execs which simply don't come to fruition within the game.

http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/355/index/10056886/1

I don't know if I'd call them lies either. Then again, I'm used to game developers becoming over enthused and exaggerating their product. I always take these things with a grain of salt, lol.

Also, while some of these quotes are misleading they can be explained away simply enough with semantics: as you pointed out with the 16 ending or A B C ones. I doubt the FTC guy has a leg to stand on.

I enjoyed the hell out of the game: when the sour not from the ending dies down, I'll go back and play through it, see if my opinion's changed.

There's been a lot of fakery and posturing going on, deluded ego driven lies about who is In Charge, who's Idea it was, who's got the Master Plan.

Did you invent Mass Effect 3? NO YOU DIDN'T. No matter who you are, including every single member of the development team.

The only thing that matters to a game company is that people buy their video games.

What they could do for the upcoming Mass Effect games could be exploration into Dark Space....seeing what is beyond the Milky Way

In regards to Mass Effect vs Harry Potter:

I do have to say that I completely disagree with the idea that games should be treated differently because you are assuming the role of the character instead of merely witnessing the action. That is the exact same argument(or at least one of them) the "Think of the children!" crowd use when gunning for censorship. It may be one of the reasons that people are reacting the way they are, but I don't think its a valid argument for trying to force Bioware's hand in the matter.

Oddly, as a community we are against censorship, but apparently have no problem with pressuring companies for revision. Probably ties in with the existing tradition of patching.

I got a question. What about the the other galaxies? Are there reapers there to? And if not, what makes the milky way so special? Just a thougth.

Hurray for unrelated question!

Susan Arendt:

Guy Jackson:
@Susan

"I have a problem with the word 'lied'. But if you really believe to the core of your soul that Bioware lied..."

I stopped listening there. With respect, you evidently didn't pay as much attention to Bioware's promises as the fans did. I'm a rather cynical person and know better than to trust what developers say about a game before its release, but even I was surprised at how many bare-faced lies (yes, that is the right word) Bioware told about the game. One example (specifically regarding the ending of the game, to stay on topic): it is not possible to get the ending where Shepard lives without playing MP, despite numerous very clear statements to the contrary by Bioware. For Shepard to live you need 5000 EMS, but with 50% Galactic Readiness (no MP) the highest EMS you can get is less than 4000 i.e. not even close.

"lying" implies intent. [snip] It implies an intention to deceive.

Exactly.

The problem with the whole ass getting kicked by the Reapers thing is it doesn't work with the idea that the Protheans were able to survive as a warlike culture against the reapers for over 100 years, and that was with NO central command structure with the reapers controlling all primary relays. Javik never comments that your warfighting tech is all that primitive, just your communications. Whereas the galaxy as is will be done for within 10 years at the outside with the overwhelming superiority of the reapers. They've taken out the main planets with all the best shit within a matter of months.

Mass Effect 4 - 50,000 years later synthetic seed ships from the Andromeda galaxy arrive and start slaughtering everybody, thus bearing out the little glowy bastard's logic.

ravenshrike:
The problem with the whole ass getting kicked by the Reapers thing is it doesn't work with the idea that the Protheans were able to survive as a warlike culture against the reapers for over 100 years, and that was with NO central command structure with the reapers controlling all primary relays. Javik never comments that your warfighting tech is all that primitive, just your communications. Whereas the galaxy as is will be done for within 10 years at the outside with the overwhelming superiority of the reapers. They've taken out the main planets with all the best shit within a matter of months.

I'm not sure where you're coming from on that. The entire series puts a strong emphasis on the fact that Prothean technology was far more advanced than ours. By the time of their demise, they had actually unlocked the secret of the Mass Relays themselves. Our advancement rode on their coattails

Setting that aside, the current cycle is playing out completely different than probably any other since the Keepers were put in the Citadel since we were the first ones not to lose control of the Citadel from the outset. This may seem to be a benefit until you realize that, without a central communications hub, it is impossible to put all your eggs in one basket like Shepard did at the end of ME3. So the Protheans were doomed from the start, but their compartmentalization meant that the Reapers had to fight each cell seperately, where we just threw everything we had at them.

Scars Unseen:

ravenshrike:

I'm not sure where you're coming from on that. The entire series puts a strong emphasis on the fact that Prothean technology was far more advanced than ours. By the time of their demise, they had actually unlocked the secret of the Mass Relays themselves. Our advancement rode on their coattails

Setting that aside, the current cycle is playing out completely different than probably any other since the Keepers were put in the Citadel since we were the first ones not to lose control of the Citadel from the outset. This may seem to be a benefit until you realize that, without a central communications hub, it is impossible to put all your eggs in one basket like Shepard did at the end of ME3. So the Protheans were doomed from the start, but their compartmentalization meant that the Reapers had to fight each cell seperately, where we just threw everything we had at them.

It's in the lore that the Asari could in fact build a mass relay if they so chose to fully suss out the research, but they have a ban on doing so. Certainly not because the underlying materials science isn't there. Moreover, the Protheans didn't unlock the secrets of the mass relays until AFTER the reapers attacked. Without the force concentration, they wouldn't have even lasted as long as the Turians did. 5 Reapers per planet would have been enough.

ravenshrike:

Scars Unseen:

ravenshrike:

It's in the lore that the Asari could in fact build a mass relay if they so chose to fully suss out the research, but they have a ban on doing so. Certainly not because the underlying materials science isn't there. Moreover, the Protheans didn't unlock the secrets of the mass relays until AFTER the reapers attacked. Without the force concentration, they wouldn't have even lasted as long as the Turians did. 5 Reapers per planet would have been enough.

I'll cede the first point. I wasn't aware of that fact. On the second though, my point was that by concentrating our forces in one location by the end of ME3, we've eliminated any possibility of resistance should that battle not end well. The Protheans didn't have that possibility, and while scattered forces means that no victory was possible at all, it also meant a slower extinction event. To the Reapers, this is all irrelevant, as the difference between a year and a century is insignificant in the face of millennia of existence. It's not so much that we were so much weaker than the Protheans, but rather that once the core resistance is gone(immediately in the case of the Protheans) there is no need to rush, as extermination is assured.

In fact, thinking of it that way, we outlasted the Protheans because they were defeated the instance the Reapers arrived and took their leadership. We managed to rally the forces for a desperate offense as well as to fully construct the Crucible, a feat the Protheans were unable to manage. Also, we don't know how long our extinction would last. Just losing the bulk of our military force doesn't mean the entire galaxy would be extinguished the next week or anything. It would take time to wipe out every planet and colony in the galaxy. Possibly centuries.

Susan Arendt:
-snip-

Two questions for you, and the rest of the podcast crew if they want to chime in.

One: Did you ever want to have Blasto: The Hanar Specter, or someone similar as a squadmate?

Two: Did you do the Elcor ambassador's mission? If so, would you have liked to see Elcor in combat/have an Elcor squadmate?

Also, just a comment, Mass Effect 3 strikes me as a game that run out of time and resources as they neared the end of production, so the ending was probably rushed and a lot of planned content may have been lopped off.

Hoplon:

Pontifex:

Hoplon:
Some comments

Part of the issue was that they retconned you in to the corner by removing stuff like the Thranix cannons (beam weapons) and the armour etc so that you didn't have as much of a chance, despite them not really meaning that anyone was going to one shot a reaper.

Thanix weapons were present, they're just not effective at long range as per the Codex. They do more damage against the Reapers, but are still far from instant kill weapons. The missiles you were defending at the end were a variation on Thanix design.

Codex says absolutely nothing about the range of the cannons. Missiles using the same tech seems hilariously out of step with the description of them being the result of an effect of very large EZ cores, even if scaled down for the Thanix version.

From the Codex (Reaper Capabilities):

"Weapons specifically designed to overcome shields, such as the Javelin, GARDIAN lasers, or the Thanix series, can bypass the barriers to some degree. The difficulty is getting close enough to use them -- the surface-mounted weaponry on Reaper ships, similar in principle to GARDIAN, presents an effective defense against organic species' fighters."

Rainboq:
[Two: Did you do the Elcor ambassador's mission? If so, would you have liked to see Elcor in combat/have an Elcor squadmate?

Y'know, I was kinda hoping you could get Elcor-mounted Thanix missiles by doing that quest... would've made the "6 brutes and 2 banshees" fight more awesome.

Susan Arendt:
*snip*

Since I share his name, I might make your line "I don't give a shit about Jacob!" into a ringtone. Maybe for my boss...

Susan Arendt:

Guy Jackson:
@Susan

"I have a problem with the word 'lied'. But if you really believe to the core of your soul that Bioware lied..."

I stopped listening there. With respect, you evidently didn't pay as much attention to Bioware's promises as the fans did. I'm a rather cynical person and know better than to trust what developers say about a game before its release, but even I was surprised at how many bare-faced lies (yes, that is the right word) Bioware told about the game. One example (specifically regarding the ending of the game, to stay on topic): it is not possible to get the ending where Shepard lives without playing MP, despite numerous very clear statements to the contrary by Bioware. For Shepard to live you need 5000 EMS, but with 50% Galactic Readiness (no MP) the highest EMS you can get is less than 4000 i.e. not even close.

"lying" implies intent. It means that you know you were saying something that was untrue at the time you said it. It implies an intention to deceive. If you believe that's what happened with regard to the FTC filing, which is what I was referring to, ok. I don't.

Hudson came really close to lying in his PR spins.
I beleive that this was said a month before release as well. And if that rumor is true, then Hudson essentially wrote the ending by himself without the writing team. I don't know if he intentionally came close to lying or if he is just inept.
Guy Jackson's statement about the war assets is also true. They did lie there. I've done practically every side quest in the game and I still never had 5000 in war assets that were "ready".

On the subject of the FTC ordeal and "did Bioware lie?" concept...

Question: With the ending in Mass Effect 2, there were so many different variables and possibilities for the outcome and what could happen. As players reached the end, they started comparing notes and trying to figure out how it worked. A few months after it came out, we ran a chart in the magazine that showed the layout of how to get the different endings and how things happened. Is that same type of complexity built into the ending of Mass Effect 3?

Answer: Yeah, and I'd say much more so, because we have the ability to build the endings out in a way that we don't have to worry about eventually tying them back together somewhere. This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we're taking into account so many decisions that you've made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C.

It's more like there are some really obvious things that are different and then lots and lots of smaller things, lots of things about who lives and who dies, civilizations that rose and fell, all the way down to individual characters. That becomes the state of where you left your galaxy. The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them. It would be interesting to see if somebody could put together a chart for that. Even with Mass Effect 2's...

Emphasis added mine.

As for the difference between Mass Effect and the Mona Lisa (or paintings in general):

Mona Lisa is unique. It's ONE. And if you don't like it, you don't buy it.

If you go to a restaurant and they give you bad food, you don't pay for it, right? Cooking is art too...

If you're an architect, and you design a building that just doesn't work properly, aren't you expected to do it over, and do it RIGHT this time?

Larry Niven has said more than once that one of the big reasons he made a sequel to Ringworld (his most popular novel) was that fans ran the math, and were walking up and down his hotel hallways dring a con shouting "The Ringworld is unstable!" His sequel RetCons many of the assumptions in the original.

Movies using test audiences all the time. As Good As It Gets originally had Nicholson's character just be a douchebag. Audiences didn't relate, so they added the OCD thing to make him more likely...

Akira Toryama planned to have Gohan be the main character in the last season, but brought Goku back because people liked him better.

When Peter David took over the Hulk, he RetConed past story out as a dream by Nightmare.

Broken Steel ALREADY RetConed the ending to a game because people shouted enough.

When a game's gunplay is considered broken or unbalanced, a patch (FREE patch, mind you) to fix it. In a game where the story is at least as important as the gameplay (arguably more) why SHOULDN'T the game fix a broken ending?

Fixing problems fans don't like is something that happens in cooking, architecture, books, TV shows, movies, comics and even GAMES themselves. What's the difference here?

As for bad precedents, giving MORE money to people who put out a flawed product is much worse than "developers give fans what they want."

RedEyesBlackGamer:
Guy Jackson's statement about the war assets is also true. They did lie there. I've done practically every side quest in the game and I still never had 5000 in war assets that were "ready".

Actually, someone ran the math once, and if you make the "right" decisions throughout all three games, you CAN get over 8,000 War Assets (with the right choice, you only need 4,000 EMS I think instead of 5,000). Don't remember the details, but sounds believable...

The Deadpool:

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Actually, someone ran the math once, and if you make the "right" decisions throughout all three games, you CAN get over 8,000 War Assets (with the right choice, you only need 4,000 EMS I think instead of 5,000). Don't remember the details, but sounds believable...

So you have to be bloody perfect? That isn't much better. I can't play the multiplayer (no LIVE), and I get punished for it in a supposedly single player game. Luckily, the endings are crap regardless of war assets, so I don't feel as ripped off.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

The Deadpool:

RedEyesBlackGamer:

So you have to be bloody perfect? That isn't much better. I can't play the multiplayer (no LIVE), and I get punished for it in a supposedly single player game. Luckily, the endings are crap regardless of war assets, so I don't feel as ripped off.

Yeah. And perfect doesn't mean nice. You gotta kill Wrex and Mordin (so you get Eve, the Krogan AND the Salarians), send Jack's kids to the frontlines, save the Collector's base, etc, etc, etc...

Susan is a bit of a bully in conversation.

The Deadpool:
On the subject of the FTC ordeal and "did Bioware lie?" concept...

Question: With the ending in Mass Effect 2, there were so many different variables and possibilities for the outcome and what could happen. As players reached the end, they started comparing notes and trying to figure out how it worked. A few months after it came out, we ran a chart in the magazine that showed the layout of how to get the different endings and how things happened. Is that same type of complexity built into the ending of Mass Effect 3?

Answer: Yeah, and I'd say much more so, because we have the ability to build the endings out in a way that we don't have to worry about eventually tying them back together somewhere. This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we're taking into account so many decisions that you've made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C.

It's more like there are some really obvious things that are different and then lots and lots of smaller things, lots of things about who lives and who dies, civilizations that rose and fell, all the way down to individual characters. That becomes the state of where you left your galaxy. The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them. It would be interesting to see if somebody could put together a chart for that. Even with Mass Effect 2's...

Emphasis added mine.

As for the difference between Mass Effect and the Mona Lisa (or paintings in general):

Mona Lisa is unique. It's ONE. And if you don't like it, you don't buy it.

If you go to a restaurant and they give you bad food, you don't pay for it, right? Cooking is art too...

If you're an architect, and you design a building that just doesn't work properly, aren't you expected to do it over, and do it RIGHT this time?

Larry Niven has said more than once that one of the big reasons he made a sequel to Ringworld (his most popular novel) was that fans ran the math, and were walking up and down his hotel hallways dring a con shouting "The Ringworld is unstable!" His sequel RetCons many of the assumptions in the original.

Movies using test audiences all the time. As Good As It Gets originally had Nicholson's character just be a douchebag. Audiences didn't relate, so they added the OCD thing to make him more likely...

Akira Toryama planned to have Gohan be the main character in the last season, but brought Goku back because people liked him better.

When Peter David took over the Hulk, he RetConed past story out as a dream by Nightmare.

Broken Steel ALREADY RetConed the ending to a game because people shouted enough.

When a game's gunplay is considered broken or unbalanced, a patch (FREE patch, mind you) to fix it. In a game where the story is at least as important as the gameplay (arguably more) why SHOULDN'T the game fix a broken ending?

Fixing problems fans don't like is something that happens in cooking, architecture, books, TV shows, movies, comics and even GAMES themselves. What's the difference here?

As for bad precedents, giving MORE money to people who put out a flawed product is much worse than "developers give fans what they want."

Quoted for truth.

The Deadpool:

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Really? Because from what I read while there is 8k war assets a lot of them are mutually exclusive.

How would I "fix" the ending to Mass Effect 3? I would do an epilogue montage narrated by an older James. Have it broken into lots of segments based on decisions the player made over the three games (surviving character bits, Rachni queen, etc.) Then depending on war assets you can have the fate of Shepard explained. If he died show a monument erected in his/her honor, if he lived show his/her fate:

Sole Survivor = Kicking it on the beach someplace (love interest optional)
War Hero = Teaching ethics and philosophy at a space academy
Ruthless = An important states(wo)man for Systems Alliance

370999:
Really? Because from what I read while there is 8k war assets a lot of them are mutually exclusive.

This was someone else's work. It's kinda hard to double check without replaying all three games and I honestly don't have that kind of patience...

Should listen to the whole thing before posting...

So wait, Star Trek ignoring a bad episode and pretending it doesn't exist because it's bad and stupid is okay, but changing a game is bad, because...?

Btw, ideas for a sequel:

Undeterminate time period. Don't tell anyone about it, but the game is actually about the creation of the Reapers. What a twist!

Pick a cannon ending and make the next series follow it. We already ignore Anderson as the Councillor in ME1 or Shepard dying in ME2, so why not ignore Synthesis/Control in ME3?

As for villain, how about... We have an enemy for you to chase (Saren-like). When you first combat it, you find out he's a unique blend of Biotic/Tech that makes him essentiall unbeatable. Your only chance against him is using a Geth squad mate that, thanks to your help, ends up learning how to be a biotic himself. As the first game ends and the triology continues, you now have to prevent your former biotic geth from becoming the AI singularity the Reapers were talking about...

Guy Jackson:
Exactly.

Eh, we can speculate about intent all day, but that gains us nothing but further antagonism between Bioware and its fans. And besides, we know that Bioware were still writing the ending mere months before the game's release, so for all we know, Hudson had every intention to do good on his "promise".

I think just agreeing that they seriously screwed up and broke their own game is damning enough without adding charges of some insidious deception as well.

MatsVS:

Guy Jackson:
Exactly.

Eh, we can speculate about intent all day, but that gains us nothing but further antagonism between Bioware and its fans. And besides, we know that Bioware were still writing the ending mere months before the game's release, so for all we know, Hudson had every intention to do good on his "promise".

I think just agreeing that they seriously screwed up and broke their own game is damning enough without adding charges of some insidious deception as well.

Since when does posting anything on a forum gain anyone anything? I don't see your point there.

As for the notion that BW simply screwed up, if it were just one or two broken promises I might agree, but there's loads of them. IMO it's quite remarkable how much of what was said turned out to be not just exaggerated or inaccurate, but patently false.

The Deadpool:

370999:

This was someone else's work. It's kinda hard to double check without replaying all three games and I honestly don't have that kind of patience...

Well I'm going to throw this here

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10897140

Bioware might delete it though so meh.

370999:

The Deadpool:

370999:

Well I'm going to throw this here

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10897140

Bioware might delete it though so meh.

Already gone... Wanna give us a run down of how it added to the conversation before being deleted?

The Deadpool:

Already gone... Wanna give us a run down of how it added to the conversation before being deleted?

Basically more devoted people then me proved that it is impossible to get 8000 Total military strength. It can't be done. While more then 8k assets existed in the game you can't get them all.

You have to play multiplayer to get the Shepard breath scene.

Take the fact that Bioware is frantically deleting what says otherwise as a very bad sign (i.e they were lying when they said you weren't missing anything by not playing multiplayer)

Guy Jackson:

Since when does posting anything on a forum gain anyone anything? I don't see your point there.

Then you're dense. Discussions on internet forums is part of the public discourse, and by Bioware's own admission, invaluable to the game creation process. That means we matter! Right? ...right?

Id really like to listen to these podcasts but they freeze up on me right at the start allways have and Im not sure why.
-----------------------------------------------

burningdragoon:
Not done listening yet, but I wanted to post this (again) before I forget by the end. I did some math on the ending(s). For funzies.

ryo02:
Id really like to listen to these podcasts but they freeze up on me right at the start allways have and Im not sure why.
-----------------------------------------------

What browser do you use? And have you tried other browsers? Apart from that you can wait for them to be uploaded to iTunes. All the podcasts are there.

Here's a link.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/escapist-podcast-video-podcast/id478341667

So if all else fails listen to them in iTunes. =)

The Deadpool:

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Even if you're right (and I don't think you are) 4000 still does not get you the ending where Shepard lives. That needs 5000.

Edited to add:
Complete List of SP War Assets (including all bonuses from ME1, ME2, and all DLC)

Alien: 1000
Terminus Fleet: 200
Rachni Workers: 100
Volus Dreadnought Kwunu: 50
Shadow Broker Support Team: 40
Elcor Flotilla: 40
Shadow Broker Wet Squad: 25
Spectre Unit: 40
Volus Bombing Fleet: 75
Hanar and Drell Forces: 58
Batarian Fleet: 155
Citadel Defense Force: 217

Alliance: 1701
Alliance Engineering Corps: 290
103rd Marine Division: 145
Alliance First Fleet: 103
Alliance Third Fleet: 105
Kahlee Sanders: 30
Biotic Company: 75
Jack: 25
Arcturus First Division: 60
Alliance Spec Ops Team Delta: 35
Alliance Cruiser Shanghai: 40
Alliance Naval Exploration Flotilla: 75
Communication Arrays: 50
Alliance Sixth Fleet: 90
Dr. Karin Chakwas: 10
Rogue Fighter Pilots: 20
Alliance Fifth Fleet: 113
Kasumi Goto: 25
Zaeed Massani: 25
Diana Allers: 5
Alliance Frigate Normandy SR-2: 115
Mineral Resources: 100
Zhu's Hope Colonists: 30
Ashley Williams/Kaidan Alenko: 25
Khalisah Bent Sinan al-Jilani: 10
Eden Prime Support: 100

Asari: 668
Asari Science Team: 90
Asari Second Fleet: 123
Asari Sixth Fleet: 130
The Destiny Ascension: 70
Asari Commandos: 20
Samara: 25
Dr. Jelize: 25
Armali Sniper unit: 30
Serrice Guard: 30
Asari Cruiser Nefrane: 30
Asari Research Ships: 35
Asari Cruiser Cubaen: 30
Asari Engineers: 30

Crucible: 815
Advanced Starship Fuel: 75
Javelin Missile Launchers: 50
Volus Fabrication Units: 45
Volus Engineering Team: 50
Interferometric Array: 45
ExoGeni Scientists: 40
Prothean Data Files: 75
Shadow Broker Starship Tech: 50
Terminus Freighters: 30
Element Zero Converter: 50
Emergency Fuel Pods: 30
Advanced Power Relays: 50
Haptic Optics Array: 50
Reaper Brain: 110
Optimized Eezo Capacitors: 15
Dark Energy Dissertation: 5
Advanced AI Relays: 45

Ex-Cerberus: 260
Cerberus Research Data: 50
Advanced Fighter Squadron: 75
Ex-Cerberus Scientists: 25
Dr. Brynn Cole: 25
Dr. Gavin Archer: 25
Jacob Taylor: 25
Ex-Cerberus Engineers: 10
Miranda Lawson: 25

Krogan: 790
Urdnot Wreav: 25
Grunt: 25
Aralakh Company: 50
Krogan First Division: 50
Krogan Clans: 340
Clan Urdnot: 300

Geth: 815
Geth Corps: 300
Geth Fleet: 455
Geth Prime Platoon: 60

Salarian: 303
Major Kirrahe: 20
Salarian First Fleet: 150
Salarian Third Fleet: 133

Turian: 638
Turian 79th Flotilla: 40
Turian Sixth Fleet: 143
Turian Marine Division: 90
Turian Seventh Fleet: 140
Turian Blackwatch: 75
Turian Engineering Corps: 110
Turian Spec Ops Team: 40

Quarian: 525
Admiral Daro'Xen: 25
Admiral Zall'Koris: 25
Quarian Civilian Fleet: 150
Quarian Heavy Fleet: 175
Quarian Patrol Fleet: 150

Total Military Strength: 7515
Effective Military Strength: 3757.5

Rainboq:

Susan Arendt:
-snip-

Two questions for you, and the rest of the podcast crew if they want to chime in.

One: Did you ever want to have Blasto: The Hanar Specter, or someone similar as a squadmate?

Two: Did you do the Elcor ambassador's mission? If so, would you have liked to see Elcor in combat/have an Elcor squadmate?

Also, just a comment, Mass Effect 3 strikes me as a game that run out of time and resources as they neared the end of production, so the ending was probably rushed and a lot of planned content may have been lopped off.

One: I didn't actually know about the Blasto easter egg until long after I'd finished the game! I know, sad.

Two: Absolutely! Well, probably not a squadmate, as they'd likely get stuck on corners, but I would've really liked to have seen them in action.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here