LoadingReadyRun: Some Kind of Geek

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Some Kind of Geek

Some types of geek should not cohabitate.

Watch Video

I see Matt's discovered the wonderful world of contacts. No more megane for him.

Welcome to the club...

Star Wars or Star Trek
In the end we're all just...

And Battlestar Galactica could kick BOTH Enterprise E and the Executor's ass ANY day of the week.

Batman Returns was the greatest Christmas movie!

"Oh no Mr Dalek, don't sexsterminate me!"

That had me rolling on the floor.

I feel the pain of Matt's character... just because I play sports and go to the gym and have a social life doesn't mean I can't be a geek too *sniff-tear*

DAT PLUNGER
Had a good laugh there...

yes, sexterminate is win. i will be using that phrase in the near future!

I am offended Paul!
I watch hockey and I am a nerd!
and when Matt does not wear his glasses, he looks a lot older.

I believe a better line for the 4th Doctor would have been something along the lines of:
I'll show you my jelly babies
or
Let's make some jelly babies

But maybe that's just me.

Really though, most of the women I know who identify as "nerds" are into Dr. Who. I bet that would work.

Matt's lookin' thin. Good job on the exercise/diet stuff.

"Sexterminate" is the best verb I have heard today.

On a side note, DAMN YOU TO HELL, PAUL! I don't care if you were acting, your blasphemy against the magnum opus of Western culture, the pearl of perfection that is Die Hard , will not go unpunished!

The plunger however... Was just plain wrong!

DVS BSTrD:
Star Wars or Star Trek
In the end we're all just...

And Battlestar Galactica could kick BOTH Enterprise E and the Executor's ass ANY day of the week.

OMG, you all are wrong
Everyone knows that Stargate makes more sense
Who need big unpractical tin cans, if all we need is teleporting squads of soldiers and taking out enemy ships from inside.

The Enterprise would totally win in a fight, but Star Destroyers have better hallways.
And a better bridge.

I am giving you the evil eye right now Matt, F$#@%ing Kessler.

Just remember that come playoff time the Blackhawks are really good at making Luongo cry.

Sweet sweet goalie tears ahhhh.

Likewise. I don't even know why it is so funny.

Daaaah Whoosh:
The Enterprise would totally win in a fight, but Star Destroyers have better hallways.
And a better bridge.

Oh, would you be referring to that bridge which, when impacted by a single A-wing fighter, takes down the entire destroyer? Or would I be thinking of the even larger Super Star Destroyer?

That "sexterminate" quote was amazing. That's going in my forum title.

Star Wars vs Star Trek? This is probably how WW3 is going to get started.

millertime059:
Sweet sweet goalie Blackhawk tears ahhhh.

FTFY.

-m

Matt's only level 19. I call shenanigans!

Great stinger though.

As qeeky as I am, I am going to have to go with Matt on the Star-debate. Star Wars for the win. But I think I can redeem and excell my nerdiness with admitting that Judge Dredd kicks both of those out the park.

Could not agree more with the "affinity for inferior consoles" comment. SEGA for life.

I hate to say this, but I'm a little too similar to Matt's character here, with my obsession with various sports.

GAH! That's was clearly the 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver! There are 4th Doctor and 10th Doctor sonic screwdrivers available, and you only use the 11th Doctor one!!! NERD RAGE!!!!!

(I have the sonics and even the laser screwdriver!)

JacobdeFries:
I believe a better line for the 4th Doctor would have been something along the lines of:
or

Agreed. I think that line would've benefited from being a bit more esoteric.

I personally find if funny that there are so many common elements in Star Wars and Star Trek that are almost functionally identical but very slightly different. Star Trek goes to warp, Star Wars goes into hyper space. Star Trek has antimatter reactors, Star Wars has Hypermatter reactors. My personal favorite is that they both have the Photon torpedo.

They are very similar in many respects, but the feel of each universe is completely different.

Also, Star Trek is so much better it hurts. (I mean that. Star Wars depresses me with its squandered potential.)

ritchards:
GAH! That's was clearly the 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver! There are 4th Doctor and 10th Doctor sonic screwdrivers available, and you only use the 11th Doctor one!!! NERD RAGE!!!!!

We know. It was... it was a failing we had to accept.

DrOswald:
I personally find if funny that there are so many common elements in Star Wars and Star Trek that are almost functionally identical but very slightly different. Star Trek goes to warp, Star Wars goes into hyper space. Star Trek has antimatter reactors, Star Wars has Hypermatter reactors. My personal favorite is that they both have the Photon torpedo.

That's 'Proton torpedo' you're thinking of in Star Wars, I believe.

Flatfrog:

DrOswald:

That's 'Proton torpedo' you're thinking of in Star Wars, I believe.

You are, of course, correct.

This geek on geek violence has got to stop man!

Also somehow, Mat beating up his roommate feels familiar.
Itīs not unappreciated, just.... familiar.

Graham_LRR:

ritchards:

We know. It was... it was a failing we had to accept.

How can you people even sleep at night ?

Nasrin:
yes, sexterminate is win. i will be using that phrase in the near future!

The only thing that troubled me was what was he planning to do with that plunger? Because ive been on the internet a long time and ive seen some... things.

Naturality:

JacobdeFries:
or

Agreed. I think that line would've benefited from being a bit more esoteric.

Super disapointed that for the 10th Doctor all they came up with is "I guess I'll show you my sonic screwdriver"?! Encyclopedic knowledge of Doctor Who my butt! 10th is an easy one:

"ALLONS-Y"!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or