The Big Picture: Hercules Part One

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Hercules Part One

MovieBob takes you on a journey through 1983's Hercules.

Watch Video

Was that a god damned Robot Centaur? IT WAS!?!

What did those guys smoke before this?

Thanks to this though, I now have the Disney's Hercules theme in my head.

Still better robots than Transformers!

And speaking of the moon: Hey Bob, you found a theater that's playing Iron Sky yet?

so... these movies are eye candy all around eh? Still that women in the last scene was hold with her half covered bosoms. All that bear is dead no he gonna come back. Lastly, I wonder what will covered in the other video. will we see more half-covered bosoms?

WTF is Hera dressing? O_o

You know when the Hercules tv show was on (the 90's what would the ram say) my girlfriend made a remark while channel hoppin' past it. I can't remember the exact remark but let's say she said corny and unrealistic, anyway once I stopped laughing long enough for her to ask what was so funny I told her about this movie and managed to get a copy a few weeks later. After we watched it she aid "I see what you mean". She didn't laugh once so clearly she didn't see what I meant.

You know when the Hercules tv show was on (the 90's what would the ram say) my girlfriend made a remark while channel hoppin' past it. I can't remember the exact remark but let's say she said corny and unrealistic, anyway once I stopped laughing long enough for her to ask what was so funny I told her about this movie and managed to get a copy a few weeks later. After we watched it she aid "I see what you mean". She didn't laugh once so clearly she didn't see what I meant.

I remember seeing this movie ages and ages ago. Have to admit, I had no idea it was a Hercules movie until much later, since I missed the intro. All I knew is that there were robots, magic swords, at one point I think Hercules had a flaming hand, and it was awesome.
I wasn't very old at that time.

Hey wait a minute bad guy on the moon and they send monsters that grow huges

The greek gods are the ancestor of Rita Repulsa

Qitz:

Good for you, I got this one stuck in my head. I can't believe I still remember this crap.

Although this show had the best monster sounds ever!

Nostalgia Critic should review this movie... I'm sure it'll be a riot.

-Dragmire-:

Clearly they thought so too, because every monster had the exact same roar! The Gorgon, the Minotaur, the Hydra, the Cyclops--exact same roar!

Falseprophet:

-Dragmire-:

Clearly they thought so too, because every monster had the exact same roar! The Gorgon, the Minotaur, the Hydra, the Cyclops--exact same roar!

Don't forget the Hideous Bog Beast!

edit:

Oops, I was wrong, it was the Hideous Bird Beast...

Just broke out laughing at the bear in space.

when "the hero throws a bear into space" isnt the sillyest thing in your movie... you know were in for a treat! keep on the good work!

That's Oscar material right there. I'm serious, he threw a bear into space, how is that not Oscar-worthy??
Looking forward to the next one!

What effect did this have, other than being reactionary, to the film industry at the time or further on?

Poor stop motion animation makes me sad.

I watched this with some friends after it was referenced by one of Bob's earlier videos. Amazingly bad.

And there's a sequel.

I first saw this movie because of Elvira and the movie decided to just be insane since SPACE BEAR! So, yes, I love how ridiculous this movie is.

I like the little touch of swords glowing blue and red for no particular reason... except, Star Wars.

Is this two-parter going to get a Kevin Sorbo themed epilog?

Im gonna have to watch this movie with friends sometime. Is it hysterically bad the whole way through or is the highlights here the only good bits? Seriously he threw a bear into space. A bear into space. We need more movies with guys throwing bears into space.

Four words that describe this entire movie:

"Just go with it"

Aw man, talk about blast of the past.

I remember seeing this flick back when I was still watching Beast Wars cartoons... Ah, to be young again.

I want a "Bears in Space" with the Portal 2 core as a t-shirt.

Ohhh so that were the whole Hercule throwing a bear to outer space came from!

Also I knew this adaption of Hercules is going to be WTF material once I saw that glimspe image of a robot centaur.

There is a saying that goes: the proof that paper accepts anything is that I clean my shit with it. Now this was extended to film too.

One of my favourite body builders of all time!, to be honest I could probably watch this film and find it entertaining.

Qitz:

I saw that, but was then blown away by the shot of two people walking across the rainbow.

What drug must one take to make something like this? And would the producers of this film let me try some?

This movie is AWESOME!!!
It was the main inspiration for making my own comics, animations and video games.

Well. This was a thing....

I remember seeing the whole "throws a bear into space" once a long while ago. I can't believe that's the most "normal" thing that happens.

captcha: beats me

Ok. Is the captcha watching us now or something? Because this isn't the first time it has been somewhat relevant to what we are all talking about. Not just me too either.

The association of the swords and sandals genre with bored housewives puts the popularity of 300 into a whole new light.

Is this on DVD? I need this for a bad movie night. I have a feeling this is one of those "So bad it's good," movies.

Flying mechanical fish....They sure tried to keep it like the legends didnt they?

Oh gods. I remember this thing. This is one of those movies that's breathtakingly awesome, horrifyingly godawful, and so bad it's good all at the same time. This is what schlock looks like when it's been deified.

To paraphrase Jerry Maguire "you had me at... "and he can throw a bear into space"".

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here