The Big Picture: Hercules Part Two

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Hercules Part Two

MovieBob takes you down the homestretch of Hercules with part two of the two part series.

Watch Video

The thing that scares me is that this movie isn't even one of the ones commonly held to be the worst. You've scared me away from watching Plan 9 with these last two episodes, Bob.

Hilarious, thanks for the two-parter Bob, this movie clearly deserved it! :D

I can't be the only one who thinks this could fall into the so bad its good category right?

These are the Big Picture episodes I like to see. Insight and knowledge into something new. After a couple of recent heavier episodes, it was nice to go back to something like this.

Keep up the good work, can't wait for next week.

How the Rainbow-fire sword didn't win, I'll never know...

It spites cosmic rays of deadly FIYA!

I don't know why but I like that line the most.

The Rainbow Bridge was awesome though.

I need a rainbow fire sword.

I need one now.

He throws a rock to pull a magic chariot...

Stop the universe. It's just getting silly now.

Those crazy Greeks

getoffmycloud:
I can't be the only one who thinks this could fall into the so bad its good category right?

I think that was kinda the whole point

Aptspire:
How the Rainbow-fire sword didn't win, I'll never know...

Menos didn't possess the element of loyalty

Ohheavens i remember this movie and yeah it really is up there as one of those movies that is so far outthere that it performs a loop around from lame to awesome. It's not quite so bad it's good. it's like its a train wreck you can't stop watching. Think Godzilla movies or vincent price movies. They're quite cheezy but dear heavens once you start watching you will mortally wound anyone who tries to drag youa way before you've seen the ending.

Maybe next time you can do Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. :p

You know, I was just about to think that this movie had no redeeming qualities.

And then RAINBOW FIRE SWORD.

FINALLY, something awesome in this atrocity of a movie. XD

McMullen:
The thing that scares me is that this movie isn't even one of the ones commonly held to be the worst. You've scared me away from watching Plan 9 with these last two episodes, Bob.

No, dude. You should totally watch Plan 9. It's hilarious. And one of the actors is called Dudley Manlove. For real.

OT: I once saw a short clip of this movie (possibly also on this show) and the one thing I took away from it was an immense desire to own a Rainbow Firesword. Having seen more of it now, I seriously want a Rainbow Firesword more than anything else. And no, Stens butterfly sword in DA:O isn't good enough.

Dem man boobs.....

"The king of Africa"

O America, you so silly!

BigTuk:
Maybe next time you can do Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. :p

My vote is for Quest for the Mighty Sword or one of the other Ator movies.

I find it funny that I was surfing the web, when I JUST remembered it was Tuesday, and I was literally thinking what King Minos was thinking at the beginning of this video:

"...Where was I? Hercules!" Yeah, forgot about the second part of this.

But ... What WAS the big picture?

This was a comprehensive review of a bad movie I never heard of.

There are probably many such movies. What do we get from breaking one down?

Rainbow bridge to the underworld LOL!

Sougo:
But ... What WAS the big picture?

This was a comprehensive review of a bad movie I never heard of.

There are probably many such movies. What do we get from breaking one down?

We get laughter, and that's important in the world.

Perhaps his next movie breakdown will be Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter.

I got to say this-

Wow! Who need a horse when you only need a block or rock! Just as long you got enough strength to throw it at great velocity!!

The mention of Starcrash made this whole movie make a lot more sense to me. Definitely something I gotta find on ebay.

I stand by my statement from last week... This movie is AWESOME!!!

It had everything; Over the top acting, bodacious babes, scheming villains, beefcake heroes, bad ass effects... What's not to like?

It would only take a few minutes to edit out the nudity/sexuality and make it more kid friendly.

"Rainbow fire sword" Ya gotta love it!

It's the perfect party film; especially when it's one of THOSE kinda parties... You know what I mean.

1 question:
Better or worse than Pulgasari?

NinjaDeathSlap:
He throws a rock to pull a magic chariot...

Stop the universe. It's just getting silly now.

The best part of that scene was how the simplest task (tying a rope to the chariot) was such a big feat for him that he needs the help of the sorceress to do it instead, right before throwing himself into space. Its like he could defeat one of the monsters, but won't until Zeus fetch him his sandals.

I often find myself walking into a progressive metal band album cover when I go out for groceries, but you made it sound like it was an unusual occurrence.

Pulling a new motif for the villain out of their ass at the very end of the story?

Sounds like ME3 to me.

I almost shat myself at the progressive rock cover joke. XD

Speaking of Starcrash, you have to do a video about that one Bob.

"Imperial Battleship......................halt,the flow of time!"

Hey look, it's on Netflix! I think I'll give this a watch at some point after watching My Girlfriend is a Gumiho.

Great show as always Bob! Next Week...how about that Bernstein Bear thing you mentioned in one of your Escape to the Movies videos a few years ago? We got the Samurai Pizza Cat episode after all and those bears were pretty big influences in my developmental stage.

Firstly, consider Hercules Amazon-ed.

Secondly, if Bob covers another "so bad it's good classic movie" in the future, my vote goes to Surf Nazis Must Die.
"Yes", it's a real film; and "yes", it's as spectacularly stupid as the title suggests.

Rainbow fire sword!
I want one!

This movie makes zero sense therefore I must watch it.

This movie looks so bad that it's fun. I want to see it.

Bob, stay away from TGWTG territory. That path leads only to sadness

But seriously, I've SEEN this movie before. It's NOTHING compared to other movies I've come across, and that was BEFORE I found TGWTG.

That said, I'm gonna go watch Rubber now. Can anyone guess why?

McMullen:

Plan 9 is magnificent. Watch it now, for great justice

EDIT: okay, the captcha's are officially worthless.
The last was "Hennesay" with the instruction to "describe the brand in any words"

In short, I told the captcha to suck my cock and it POSTED
WHAT FRESH BULLSHIT IS THIS?!

EDIT EDIT: and it double posted

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook