The Big Picture: Hercules Part Two

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

BALETE'D

throwing a rock tied to a chariot to pull you, it sounds SOOOO much like a meme/trollface picture

Well, hell, now I have to watch it. Is it on Netflix?

To this movie's credit, I could honestly see that bit with the brick and the chariot happening in the original myths.

'Rainbow Fire Sword' is my 'Black Mages' cover band.

This movie is a masterpiece obviously. Bob should have another series where he talks only about movies like this one.

Hey Bob, please make an episode about "Beware: Children at play".

This movie is one of the reasons I still keep my VCR plugged in and has actually become the focus of one of my favorite movie drinking games.

Unlike most movie games you don't need to take a shot whenever character X does action Y.

No, you simply take a shot whenever you need to and continue drinking until what you're seeing starts making sense.

When I saw Herc grow like that, I had Power Rangers season one flashbacks. Specifically, Rita Repulsa's "Grow, my monster!"

I don't know how you went two episodes without mentioning they had Lou's voice dubbed over because you can't understand a damn thing he says. He was mostly deaf from a young age, which kept him out of a lot of social circles and prevented him from talking when he didn't have to.

The way that Hercules moves the chariot reminds me of the way that Thor uses his hammer to fly (or at least he used to, I'm not up to date with Thor so I don't know if he still does that or if he can just fly now).

MovieBob:

MovieBob takes you down the homestretch of Hercules with part two of the two part series.

To be honest, at the start I actually confused this with the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie "Hercules in New York". Fun fact (you likely already know); Arnie's voice was dubbed over because they thought people wouldn't be able to understand him.

I'd like to know your opinion on subtitles-v-dubbing.

I spent the whole video going, "What? WHAT?" at all the insane things happening on the screen.

This movie sounds so awesomely bad.

Bob. Thank you. I may have to find this movie.

Also, I literally paused the video to laugh out loud when he threw the rock to move the chariot.
They need more rainbow fire swords in movies.

My personal favorite "after-party" movie is Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, but I guess the main difference between it and Hercules is that the former one IS intended to be a joke.

LadyRhian:
When I saw Herc grow like that, I had Power Rangers season one flashbacks. Specifically, Rita Repulsa's "Grow, my monster!"

Actually, the quote would be "Magic wand, make my monster GROW!"

...Wait, so Hercules can just grow to giant size? ...Anyone else getting Power Rangers flashbacks?

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I thought the "King of Africa's" skull-cart thing was pretty boss...

There's a rainbow bridge that leads you to the underworld? And here I thought that i've seen everything lol. This movie looks so random that I can't really see any other movie, or animated movie compete with it. Besides that, I do have to wonder why Hercules gets with that one lady at the end... seems just out of place since you know.. it's like he has no history or connection with her but alright.

lol. was a kid when i saw this movie on tv and i even asked my self why the hell are their robots.

Out of all the cheesy lines, all the horrible "fights", and hercules being the worst hero ever, at least they got one thing right.

That rainbow fire sword was sweet as hell. I want one in real life and 2 for my rogue in WoW....

I am trying to think which of Newton's Laws gets snapped cleanly in half by that little number.

Bah obviously this movie is just a cheap ripoff of the epic motion picture Hercules in New York xD.

If, while summarizing a movie, one can say "after a brief robot fight" non-sarcastically, as if robot fights are common place by then, it is undoubtedly the best movie ever.

Or if you're in an 'enhanced state of mind'

The rainbow bridge is actually a genuine part of Norse mythology. Vikings were considerably gayer than history has chosen to portray them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifr%C3%B6st

Not sure if there's any other element of Norse mythology in this movie but I think mythological consistency is the least of its issues.

It wasn't until I saw the snakes attack the boat that I remembered that I watched this movie as a kid and I LOVED it. My parents recorded it to a VHS tape after it played on Super Channel or something and I wore the hell out of it. In my 6 year old brain this was the most awesome movie to have ever been made.

My 33 year old brain, however, has a tough time comprehending what my 6 year old brain was thinking at the time.

I watched this in school once. Thank for the horrible flashback Bob :D

DVS BSTrD:
Those crazy Greeks

getoffmycloud:
I can't be the only one who thinks this could fall into the so bad its good category right?

I think that was kinda the whole point

Aptspire:
How the Rainbow-fire sword didn't win, I'll never know...

Menos didn't possess the element of loyalty

Alright guy, ive seen you in several forums and I was woundering, whos that in your avatar? Im sure ive seen him before and its bugging the hell outta me...

Also,

Physics: "DAMN YOU HERCULESSSSSSS!!!"

You forgot about the epic nip slip at the end!

PunkRex:

DVS BSTrD:
Those crazy Greeks

getoffmycloud:
I can't be the only one who thinks this could fall into the so bad its good category right?

Aptspire:
How the Rainbow-fire sword didn't win, I'll never know...

Alright guy, ive seen you in several forums and I was woundering, whos that in your avatar? Im sure ive seen him before and its bugging the hell outta me...

Also,

If you need a hint, here's who he's actually pointing at.

DVS BSTrD:

PunkRex:

DVS BSTrD:
Those crazy Greeks

Also,

If you need a hint, here's who he's actually pointing at.

I should have guessed avatar, the facial expression and crazy hand wangling reminded me of Sokka instantly but it doesn't look like him, although I havn't seen the series all the way through yet.

...ok. I'm going to be totally honest. Even after Minos explained his plan, I -still- had no clue what the movie was about. I still don't. I do think I have to locate a drinking game and do a bad movie night with this.

I'm actually kind of disappointed. I've seen teh movie after he mentioned it in one of the earlier episodes and I hoped Bob would offer some more insight to it, but it's just a two part recap. I think one episode would suffice. Nevertheless the movie is great fun - moreso if you ingest alcohol while watching it.

saintdane05:

LadyRhian:

Actually, the quote would be "Magic wand, make my monster GROW!"

In this case, HE has the, um, "magic wand". ;)

I really want to see this movie now...

Seeing Hercules growing kinda reminds me of Futurama Fry's poorly drawn comic where the super hero suddenly has the right super power for the situation. It seemed like a good idea at the time, right?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here