Geeks and Six Foot Ceilings

Geeks and Six Foot Ceilings

A tour of Matt's small apartment.

Read Full Article

I just find that line infinitely amuzing. You know which one I mean.

Also, poor Bill.

You know we now need that hat to appear on Feed Dump, right?

So, that's how the magic happens.

On a side note, I need to go find a new NERF gun.

"Dolly in on Die Hard rant"

Well played.

The Gentleman:
You know we now need that hat to appear on Feed Dump, right?

YES

Now I want that Sonic Wiidriver. I don't have a Wii, but I want that Sonic Screwmote!

Incidentally, I think I own that exact striped grey-and-black zip-up sweatshirt that Graham is wearing at the start.

Haha, hilarious you can see the GP livestream playing in the background at 7:45. You can clearly see Ben Stark (I believe), awesome.

DP

Thank you for revealing my complete and utter LACK of encyclopedic knowledge of Doctor Who. :P

Where would I acquire that amazing TF2 tee of Graham's, and for how many of my moneys?

Also, unless that app does everything for you, Graham's got some sketching talent! (Note: Disregard if that iPad app is just really well made)

To appraise someone other than the mighty Graham, that was some finely done make-up on Kathleen's part!

Ah, these videos continue to be amusing. :) And all your antics behind the camera remind me of many nerf filled evenings with friends in similar basement suites, back in Nanaimo. That or tabletop games and the like.

Fortunately such antics continue out here in the great white north of Edmonton, where I'm pleased to report that the ceilings appear to all be at least 8 feet in height.

Lady Kathleen:

Slight "Nerd Correction", the sonic was used in the 1996 Doctor Who movie.

TheBobmus:
Where would I acquire that amazing TF2 tee of Graham's, and for how many of my moneys?

Also, unless that app does everything for you, Graham's got some sketching talent! (Note: Disregard if that iPad app is just really well made)

To appraise someone other than the mighty Graham, that was some finely done make-up on Kathleen's part!

That t-shirt used to be available here, but it seems to have disappeared. There *is* a similar L4D "Peels" shirt, though.

I'm really starting to enjoying these loading times and the article that go with them // They give us a wonderful incite into the world of LRR and in all fairness I would (and have) watch anything these guys make

-M

Ah my new favorite part of Thursdays, so much neat info which just makes rewatching the video all the more enjoyable. Also I miss Bill, I can't imagine how the poor guy could possibly move around in that low low basement.

I also feel that hat needs to appear in Feed Dump.

And you've just reinforced my recent desires to get a Nerf gun for no reason. Dammit.

I have that TF2 "Nope" shirt. I got it at Otakon last year. Also a red one with the Soldier holding his Rocket Launcher with the caption, "I have a Rocket Launcher, your argument is irrelevant."

008Zulu:

Lady Kathleen:

Yeah, but I didn't feel like further confusing the issue. You're totally right though.

Is 6'11 really that tall, or are scandinavians just tall people by nature? I'm 6'43 tall, and the majority of the people I know are taller than 6 feet.

OniaPL:
Is 6'11 really that tall, or are scandinavians just tall people by nature? I'm 6'43 tall, and the majority of the people I know are taller than 6 feet.

6'43" = 9'7" is quite a bit taller than the world's highest person. Average male height in Norway is 5'11.5". You probably don't know any people below 6 feet, because you can't see them. :)

Also, why don't we use proper units, like metres and centimetres?

Graham_LRR:

008Zulu:

Yeah, but I didn't feel like further confusing the issue. You're totally right though.

Nah, I'm too nerdy for my own good.

Don Reba:

OniaPL:

6'43" = 9'7" is quite a bit taller than the world's highest person. Average male height in Norway is 5'11.5". You probably don't know any people below 6 feet, because you can't see them. :)

Also, why don't we use proper units, like metres and centimetres?

Eh, maybe I can't just wrap my head around these units.

According to the converter I used, 6'4 is about 196 cm while 6'1 is about 182 cm. But if this is not the case, then just disregard my comment.

And yes, the metric system is awesome :P

I spy with my little eye a Rainbow Dash wallpaper...

I feel for Bill, I too have struck my head many a time upon low hanging objects in friend's houses, it is not fun.

OniaPL:

According to the converter I used, 6'4 is about 196 cm while 6'1 is about 182 cm. But if this is not the case, then just disregard my comment.

6'11" means 6 feet, 11 inches. There are 12 inches in a foot. 6'11" is 210.8 cm. So, if you are 196 cm high, Bill is 15 cm higher than you. Here is how tall he is, compared to everyone else at LRR: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150640667096732&set=a.10150640667091732.391825.297238451731

Don Reba:

OniaPL:

6'11" means 6 feet, 11 inches. There are 12 inches in a foot. 6'11" is 210.8 cm. So, if you are 196 cm high, Bill is 15 cm higher than you. Here is how tall he is, compared to everyone else at LRR: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150640667096732&set=a.10150640667091732.391825.297238451731

Ahh, that clarifies a lot, thanks. I knew that a foot is about 30cm, but I always assumed that 6'4 would be something like 6.4 feet. Heh, well, now I know.
Sorry, but the U.S system is slightly hard to grasp for me.

But on topic, damn, that's tall. Makes me slightly jealous.

I need one of those reversible t-shirts, but with the Senators and the Maple Leafs; I'm sick of going to bars and supporting the wrong team, dammit! Where did you guys get it?

OniaPL:

Don Reba:

OniaPL:

Ahh, that clarifies a lot, thanks. I knew that a foot is about 30cm, but I always assumed that 6'4 would be something like 6.4 feet. Heh, well, now I know.
Sorry, but the U.S system is slightly hard to grasp for me.

But on topic, damn, that's tall. Makes me slightly jealous.

America is definitely late to the party in that regard. The metric system is 1000 times superior (see what I did there?), although switching everyone to the metric system would be a bit like saying everyone needs to drive on the left side of the road - very confusing for people to initially get used to. I hope they at least teach primarily with the metric system in schools.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here