Miracle of Sound: Gordon Freeman Saved My Life (Half-Life 2)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Gordon Freeman Saved My Life (Half-Life 2)

In celebration of one year of Miracle of Sound being on The Escapist, we have a remastered version of one of the songs that started it all. Some spoilers for Half-Life 2 and Episode One.

Watch Video

Had a shitty day. Came on here remembering it was Miracle of Sound day. And found one of my fave MoS songs had been remastered.

Went from :( ---> :)

So happy you've been on here for a year! Hope you enjoy this year as much as the last!!! XD

NEEDS MORE CROWBAR! XD

Wait, it's been an year?!

TIME, Y U NO MOVE SLOWLY?!

Anyway, gratz MoS, hope you can keep this up for another year :)

Congrats on a year, dude! :D

this is one of the first songs i heard from miracle of sound and it is still one of my favorites

Yep. Still an epic song!

DVS BSTrD:
NEEDS MORE CROWBAR! XD

Pretty much this was my only thought as well

Bah. Who listens to Remasters.

Everyone knows that true music lovers listen only to the original, and everytime they release the same song, the remakes suck less and less.

Sorry Gav, but I'm afraid this is an insult to my ears, as the youtube version is CLEARLY superior.

Totally Not Hipster
Sucal

OH FUCK YES

I like the original better, but I cant listen to it thanks to my bros at the GEMA blocking the youtube video. What a bunch of cunts.

Regardless, I can finally listen to it again! I actually had this in my head all day yesterday.

EDIT: Gav, just so you know, this is still my favorite out of all the songs you have done, hehe.

Nice. Also, the combine ain't so bad. They're just trying to make a living, just like us.

Ok, maybe I'm just making excuses to post Civil Protection. But whatever, Civil Protection is awesome.

A year already? Congrats, man.

Here's to another year of awesome songs!

One year on, still loving your work. looking forward to level 2 whenever you feel there is enough songs to make an album out of it.

Congratulations on the first year of awesome songs, and cheers for many many more to come.

I still remember the first video ever introduced to us by you... based on Dragon Age, was it? Yep.. already a year old and walking like a pro (wait.. that's from Fallout 3, scarp that sentence.) It has been over a year and you've been making videos like a pro (there we go!)

This song was good, sadly I never played Half-Life 1 or 2 so.. couldn't get into it as much as I could with your other songs (like Dead Space.. still beating to it, loving it daily on my MP3.) Still, congrats and here's to you for being just awesome at what you do MiracleOfSound!

Cheers~

Awesomeness overload! Never heard the original so this was all new sexyness to me. Gordon Freeman ftw.

Gotta love how almost 10 years later Half-Life 2 still holds up to the stuff put out today.

Also gotta love how I can still rock out to this song after hearing it dozens of times!

The old Mandaloremovies video for this song on Youtube was loads better. Looks like it's been taken down though. I feel sorry for anyone who missed out, because it was awesome.

This video is utterly lame by comparison.

Hell yeah. I listen to this song in my car every other day. Again, congrats on a year of making a Miracle of Sound!

I saw this and wondered what the occasion was. Can't believe it's been a year on the Escapist already. Here's to many more Gav!

As a side note, it's kind of sad that the Episode 3 line is still relevant.

Nice one,

Hope the moves gone well Gav!

So, anyone else feel like playing HL2 right now?

Xenowolf:

Actually, this song makes me want to go and see what all teh hubbub is about. If the game is anywhere near as fun as the song....

Dammit, I was hoping to wait until I got some sign the series would be continued...

OT: It's seriously been a year already since I've been singing badly along with Age of the Dragon. What a wonderful year of music it has been then. Not so much for my wallet though...

CleverCover:

Xenowolf:

Actually, this song makes me want to go and see what all teh hubbub is about. If the game is anywhere near as fun as the song....

Dammit, I was hoping to wait until I got some sign the series would be continued...

OT: It's seriously been a year already since I've been singing badly along with Age of the Dragon. What a wonderful year of music it has been then. Not so much for my wallet though...

Well at least you'll have loads of time to play through the series before Episode 3 or HL3 is released, I suppose. =P

Well, a year passed quite fast, and now we have a load of great songs about video games on the Escapist. Awesome job, Gavin, awesome job indeed. And the Gordon Freeman song? Still kicking as much ass as ever, great stuff.

Don't kill me, but I still haven't played this game. I'll get round to it eventually, but Psychonauts comes first (another supposedly great game which I have yet to play).

Happy anniversary, Miracle of SOFAR and Escapist velocity.

MiracleOfSound:
celebration of one year of Miracle of Sound being on The Escapist

...time passes so quickly in the company of nice people.
Stay as you are Gavin : creative, witty, sharp tongued rascal that one can't help but like. :]
I hope you'll surprise all of us with new, wonderful songs in the future and finally you'll gain fame and recognition, even if it would mean to leave The Escapist Magazine.

Sláinte

It was brilliant a year ago, and it's still brilliant now. Just curious, though, in what way was it remastered? I didn't hear any obvious differences. Did you just play it again on your shiny new Les Paul? :P

And I still put this song up there with Stairway to Heaven and Bohemian Rhapsody... Well Done

Congrats on a year of great music. I've loved this song for long time and it sounds great here.

It's a great song (and awesome on Rock Band) but it's a shae we couldn't have something new to celebrate the first year. I'm not going to complain because I don't have to pay for these (I do but I don't have to) and you've been doing a load of content recently so I guess I'll just say thanks for all the great songs over the last year and I hope to see more in the coming year.

Caramel Frappe:
I still remember the first video ever introduced to us by you... based on Dragon Age, was it? Yep.. already a year old and walking like a pro (wait.. that's from Fallout 3, scarp that sentence.) It has been over a year and you've been making videos like a pro (there we go!)

This song was good, sadly I never played Half-Life 1 or 2 so.. couldn't get into it as much as I could with your other songs (like Dead Space.. still beating to it, loving it daily on my MP3.) Still, congrats and here's to you for being just awesome at what you do MiracleOfSound!

Cheers~

Yes the first song on the escapist was based on da, called Age of the Dragon. I am actually listening to it right now, It is a rather brilliant song.
OT: I wasn't a big fan of this one. I prefer you others. I probably don't like it because I haven't played hl.
captcha: helter-skelter what the heck does that mean?

And one again I have the theme from Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills stuck in my head just because of like FOUR similar notes.

Congratulations on a whole year! :D

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or