LoadingReadyRun: The 720th Degree

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The 720th Degree

Game design is a process, and the process can be slow.

Watch Video

That...was...awesome!! Funny, yet sad, to think that that might very well be close to reality in some degree or another.

I loved the cutaway to Sony, "Orbis? What?" and a Dreamcast XD. Also the Microsoft Zune Shredder is actually a 360 attachment now.

..Sorry, but what the hell is a "Zune"? All I know is that it's..Some microsoft..thingy.

I had a Zune HD once, just because I didn't want to give Apple my money. Only real problem with it was that it got hot sometimes, and it didn't have a very good selection of apps.

Also, where'd you get all the Asians, Graham?

That was brilliant!
I imagine some engineers at Microsoft looking at this and saying "Hmm, you know, maybe we could do that."

chif-ii:
I had a Zune HD once, just because I didn't want to give Apple my money. Only real problem with it was that it got hot sometimes, and it didn't have a very good selection of apps.

He keeps them in the basement.
As a funny coincidence, his basement also looks rather like that scene in Raiders of the lost ark. Except the crates are filled with disposable asians.
When they aren't appearing in sketches, they're forced to make silly hats. Ironically, it pays better than the sweatshops he originally stole them from, and the living conditions are a huge improvement.

Great video guys.

Jonluw:

chif-ii:

As a funny coincidence, his basement also looks rather like that scene in Raiders of the lost ark. Except the crates are filled with disposable asians.

Great video guys.

What, like inflatable dolls?

chif-ii:

Jonluw:

chif-ii:

Great video guys.

What, like inflatable dolls?

Nonono.
They live in the crates, making silly hats for the shows.
Where did you think they get the hats from?

this is never going to be dated, nope not at all.

chif-ii:

If I didn't know any better, I would say Redmond, Washington. It looks like they actually got approval from Microsoft to film in their HQ. Washington has a lot of Asian immigrants there.

Microsoft R&D: Keeping up appearances.

Realitycrash:
..Sorry, but what the hell is a "Zune"? All I know is that it's..Some microsoft..thingy.

It's a microsoft MP3 player, like an iPod except a massive failure.

DRTJR:

Well it wouldn't be our first gaming video to get dated :)
It's an acceptable risk is doing vaguely topical humor.

vxicepickxv:

chif-ii:

If I didn't know any better, I would say Redmond, Washington. It looks like they actually got approval from Microsoft to film in their HQ. Washington has a lot of Asian immigrants there.

Negative. That IS an exterior of Microsoft game studios, but we didn't shoot there.

All the Asians[TM] were recruited from our PAX panel, where that scene was shot.

This totally seems like something Microsoft would do.

Though I disagree on Sony. Sony has probably figured out a way to make an affordable console that will last ten years and upgrade ITSELF as it sees fit, and is just looking for a way to screw it up.

For example, a sentient PS4 that an interperet trends and order and install its own hardware for free. The downside? It's discs are the size of Laserdiscs and cost roughly 400 dollars.

The original plan for the PSVita was to have it use regular SD cards for storage, but also powerful electrodes to shock your genitals every fifteen minutes of play.

I suspect this would be more popular than the current setup.

Graham_LRR:

DRTJR:

Well it wouldn't be our first gaming video to get dated :)
It's an acceptable risk is doing vaguely topical humor.

Well, at least the Duke Nukem Forever stuff won't get dated....

>.>

That explained sooooo much!

Graham_LRR:
Negative. That IS an exterior of Microsoft game studios, but we didn't shoot there.

You can tell, Graham is sitting in front of an iMac!

i love how at the microsoft development office for xbox they was playing wii in their down time oh ho hoho. :P

Zero Serenity:

Graham_LRR:

You can tell, Graham is sitting in front of an iMac!

All the non-MS tech was the best part of the video :D

Built-in Motion and voice controls, 3D only visual display, anti-used game software, Always-online DRM for the Xbox network. Come-on guys it's not that hard!

Thank you for pandering to my fervent anti-Micros~1 bias. I always knew they were just putzing around.

Great video! What I'm wondering, though, is why Kathleen said the original Xbox came out in 2005 when it came out in 2001, with the 360 being the one thast came out in 2005, and yet it's the Xbox 720 they're trying to make with the original Xbox being the only one out... or is it all part of the joke?

My head hurts from thoughts and laughter.

BTW, my RAZR V3t was still working perfectly on the day I replaced it with a Galaxy Nexus at Christmastime last year. Never even needed to replace the battery.

Now I need to trick T-Mobile into charging reasonable rates for data plans...

I don't get it

"And don't forget the illumination!"

Good Point indeed..

A 720.. or a PS4.. what really will it offer? Good question :!

Realitycrash:

That was its big problem it was a .. "hip" thing made by Microsoft. Microsoft is as hip as seeing your local card club rapping about the price of coffee...

But yeah .. what the hell must be done to make a next-gen console. More processing power.. yeah obviously but that alone won't work. Better graphics card.. DUH. More Memory? Yeah.. obvious..

But that only makes an Xbox 360 -version 2 ... or a PS3 version 2 .. it doesn't feels like omg this is so powerful. It will feel like "Yeah its faster.. yeah it has more memory yeah.. yeah.. "

I'm honestly terrefied of a new line of consoles. If they make a new xbox it HAS to be backwords compatible and play ALL 360 games or....yea i just dont wanna go there. D: Why do i KNOW they won't do that right?

I'm glad they restated the "Free-60" punchline, 'cause I kinda missed it the first time and thought he said "360". Thought he made a mistake there.

When they removed cover I laughed for 2min straight
Excellent vid.
Also, if it is called Free60, will it be free?

Heh, an excellent punchline, guys!

I laughed so hard when the cover was removed. And that little extra stinger with PR leaking then denying then confirming the denying everything again only added to it.

I would had laughed harder if it was a duct-taped pile of outdated iPods with their apple logo covered in orange tape, but the Zune debacle was poignant.

Considering all I've used my 360 for in the last 2 years is Netflix I don't see my self buying the next console. Netflix is really the only thing that the 360 does better than my PC and that is only because Win7's audio settings are a pain in the ass when using Digital Optical audio.

Sad thing is this probably IS Microsoft's " plan " for the next console.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here