Zero Punctuation: Ninja Gaiden 3

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Ninja Gaiden 3

Someone in the games industry needs to reexamine what a curse is.

Watch Video

"Top half making escape attempts." Oh god, I shouldn't laugh as much as I did.

But yeah, the game was easier compared to the others.

Ha. The Nindger part was great.

Not really a surprise even Ninja Gaiden has nerfed itself, publishers seem to think gamers don't want hard games.

Wonder how many people will be correcting their screen with the "Gay-den" vs "Guy-den" ways to pronounce it.

There's a Ninja Gaiden 3?

Also, one would think that cape would have been more of a liability at this point.

Ironic that a game series about a shinobi has become a shadow, of it's former self.

So the first part of the game is about a cockney millitia group kidnaping and tourturing David Cameron? Sign me up! ...What do you mean they're the bad guys?

I thought the only lesson you were supposed to take from Call of Duty was "don't be rip off 'Call of Duty'"?

the image of David Cameron with a bullet through his head is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen :)

"So imagine how bad it looks AFTER he gets cursed"

I think i laughed way harder at that than i really should have. I blame the "teehee, i made a funny" noise that followed >_>

There is no such thing as Team Ninja anymore, it's only comprised of a bunch of drek lacking direction. Guess people ought to be sending Sakamoto apology letters and a box of chocolates for their criticisms of Other M

The Gentleman:

That was my thought when I read the title too.

Anyway a Ninja Gaiden game being too easy, now that's just disgraceful.

It really is sad. I was excited to hear that they made another Ninja Gaiden because I loved 1 and 2. I loved the challenge of them, but no, they had to go soft and make this one more accessible to the every-gamer. Fuck Team Ninja.

Whoah, that pre video ad is a truly impressive amount of bullshit. Serious dealbreaker.

Huh, no mention on how the game trys to make you feel sorry for killing everyone? And all the terrorist shout out lines like "I dont want to die" when you wound them? And then story then just abandons it about half way? To me thats what really irrated me.

I've been hearing the game's new producer is pretty much a hack and made several bad decisions. Who decides to get rid of almost everything implimented in the past two games like multiple weapons and enemys, buying items and upgrading, non regenerating health, all the gore, and all the challange? Sure the first guy might of been a pervert and had all the female characters barly dressesd, but at least he knew how to make a good game. This game overall is actually good, but not by the previous NG standards.

Also I hear you can use the PS3's Sixaxis to freely jiggle the melons on that one female ninja mentioned.

Urgh...
Again, it seems that Kid Icarus: Uprising, the game that is actually a challenge and takes good aspects from past games, has been passed up for a simple game about a ninja wearing the most improbable sneaky suit possible.
Please Yahtzee, please, review Kid Icarus soon! I don't care if you disagree with me and criticize it to the point that all that's left is its little golden laurel and a blood stain, I just want someone to recognize the game for pete's sake!

Qitz:
Wonder how many people will be correcting their screen with the "Gay-den" vs "Guy-den" ways to pronounce it.

It's especially funny because he did pronounce it properly in his Ninja Gaiden 2 review.

Every video from yz is like a opening christmas present . You never know video he will make and most of the times its a dissapointment .

Yahtzee forgot to mention the part where you crouch behind cover and toss shurikens at anyone who pops up from behind opposing cover.

Kind of figured Yahtzee was going to hate it. All I've seen in terms of feedback for Ninja Gaiden 3 is that it is awful.

Is it me, or was Yahtzee a bit more silly then he usually is?

Damn, was hoping for a Downpour review.

Qitz:
Ha. The Nindger part was great.

Not really a surprise even Ninja Gaiden has nerfed itself, publishers seem to think gamers don't want hard games.

Gayden sounds like a weather condition.

"Yeah, sorry boss, can't make it to work today. I've been gayden."

I suppose that's what happens when it's raining men.

Zachary Amaranth:
Yahtzee forgot to mention the part where you crouch behind cover and toss shurikens at anyone who pops up from behind opposing cover.

Please tell me you're kidding.

OT: That Playstation needs to see a doctor. Not that I've ever played a Ninja Gaiden game but the biggest allure for me was that it was very difficult. This doesn't sound hard at all...

I recall Bob was complaining that bioware making a change to ME3 was setting the industry back and hurting the chance that games will ever be called art. You know what's really setting the industry back and hurting the 'games as art' argument? Developers destroying their original vision of their characters and franchises just to appeal to western meat heads. Devil May Cry was given to someone to purposely 'western-ize' it. Resident Evil was westernized by it's own creators (and now it's just terrible). Now we have Ninja Gaiden, which is as close to a western game as a Ninja game can get. Spoiler Alert: it's now terrible. Putting aside that's it's always a bad business decision to purposely jump ship and leave your fans aboard to drown, I get the impression many japanese developers don't really take their art seriously. If they did, they wouldn't alter it to such a degree just to pander to one particular audience who was a separate audience from their original market.

And people were offended ME3 was being treated as a mere product. Well, maybe when developers stop treating their games that way, consumers will stop to.

I tried hard mode today and was quite disappointed that all it meant was more enemies. Enemy spamming can be fun, but the ways to dispatch them in NG3 are too limited and areas tend to be filled with twice as many enemies it takes to make combat a boring grind-fest. Where are the Vigoorian Flails? What about incendiary shurikens?

I knew the game might slip down a bit without Itagaki, but not this much. And Yahtzee comparing it to Call of Duty is a sadly apt comparison.

I wanted to get this game, but saw gameplay on youtube and said fuck it.

10 Hours
No Extra
No Other Weapons
1 Spell
Cover Based Shooting of all things
Very easy

It removed everything I enjoyed about Ninja Gaiden. Why get this when you can get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for 1/2 the price?

I remember when I was a little younger and played Ninja Gaiden Black day in and day out, finally beating Master Ninja, fuuuuck that was a hard game.

Redlin5:

Please tell me you're kidding.

Yeah, honestly, that was a joke. I haven't played the game, but it seemed amusing to take the "like cover based shooters" thing a little further.

xPixelatedx:
I recall Bob was complaining that bioware making a change to ME3 was setting the industry back and hurting the chance that games will ever be called art. You know what's really setting the industry back and hurting the 'games as art' argument? Developers destroying their original vision of their characters and franchises just to appeal to western meat heads.

Something Bob complains about regularly. Further proof that it's okay when I do it.

"What was one of the last bastions of actual challenge..."

But! Wait! What!? Nooo...

That's Demon's- and Dark Souls and Yathzee raged against that shit for being "too hard" and "unfair" and other such assorted nonsensical bullshit.

The Gentleman:

Also, one would think that cape would have been more of a liability at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2YhxXn7NY

NO CAPES!

OT: yeah, this seems disappointing; then again, I never played any of the others, so who am I to judge?

DVS BSTrD:
Ironic that a game series about a shinobi has become a shadow, of it's former self.

I see what you did there

I never like Ninja Gaiden because it was too hard. Shinobi is also very fucking hard as well

I heard the parts about the story a month or so ago and was interested... but... "Too easy..." those words on any other game would be a significant turn-off, but on Ninja freakin' Gaiden? That's like... like an Uncharted game having too simplistic graphics!

MatsVS:
"What was one of the last bastions of actual challenge..."

But! Wait! What!? Nooo...

That's Demon's- and Dark Souls and Yathzee raged against that shit for being "too hard" and "unfair" and other such assorted nonsensical bullshit.

Note the "actual" next to challenge. Dark Souls, while very good, had a really bad habit of finding the right amount of challenge...and then arbitrarily sticking three or four extra things in that shoved it the realm of "cheap." The Four Kings, some sections of Anor Londo, Blight Town, Sen's Fortress, and the Capra Demon were particularly bad in that regard

Wait Ninja Gaiden 3's already been released? How did that fly under my radar? Anyway can't say I'm too disappointed. I was kinda meh towards the previous one.

CXZ_inc0g:
Urgh...
Again, it seems that Kid Icarus: Uprising, the game that is actually a challenge and takes good aspects from past games, has been passed up for a simple game about a ninja wearing the most improbable sneaky suit possible.
Please Yahtzee, please, review Kid Icarus soon! I don't care if you disagree with me and criticize it to the point that all that's left is its little golden laurel and a blood stain, I just want someone to recognize the game for pete's sake!

Ack! NO! Nonononono! Bad idea. Have you not learned anything from Yahtzee?! Let's go over the details:

- Nintendo game
- Made by the same creator as Smash Bros. and we all know what happened when Yahtzee reviewed that
- The dialog will no doubt annoy him
- Its a 3DS game and he's made it clear that he thinks its shit only because he hates stereoscopic 3D which is a very narrow minded and bullshit reason to hate the thing, even if it is its main selling point
- The controls

Buddy I understand your cause but considering the amount of hype Nintendo already gave Uprising beforehand, I don't think we need any internet celebrities to give it more recognition. Especially not Yahtzee and his closeted bias against Nintendo.

Downpour review

Seriously D:

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook