Xbox Evolution

Very clever with the casettes. I was fooled into thinking they were Zunes, heh.

I thought: why do they have a stack of cassettes? Then Kathleen explained they were Zunes.

Also, thanks for the C++ code closeup. A CS101 assignment - so young and innocent. You should have more of those.

Xbox Evolution

A glimpse into the wonder that is the Loading Ready Run.

Read Full Article

So does that mean you just Rickrolled everyone who watched the sketch and they didn't even know it? Awesomesauce.

Kathleen, it's about your Loading Time article! I come from your future, one week in your future.... For some reason I see the article and the Forum topic both dated April 5th. /shrug

(Yes, that was an allusion to Brad's intro in Feed Dump from two weeks ago. :D )

I almost want to point out that their big IDE is for writing code is C#, although that is based on C++.

Lady Kathleen:
Xbox Evolution

Read Full Article

You were beaten to first post in your own thread, Kathleen. For shame.

Lady Kathleen:
Xbox Evolution

Read Full Article

What sorcery is this? Double ninja'd? I never would have thought that people actually browsed the Featured Content forum frequently enough to beat the content producer to the first post.

Can I have that Xbox? 25 bucks to own it and I wouldn't waste time in front of it. Win-win :). Also, I actually watched the after credits 5 times. The little things....

UtterTramp:
Can I have that Xbox? 25 bucks to own it and I wouldn't waste time in front of it. Win-win :). Also, I actually watched the after credits 5 times. The little things....

You might be able to buy it on Desert Bus for a bargain price of $1000 or so.

Wait, wait, wait... Day job? You do this much content on top of having a real job?!
Damn. Don't tell me Graham and Paul have other jobs as well?!

I spied several thousand dollars worth of MTG cards.

TheBobmus:
Wait, wait, wait... Day job? You do this much content on top of having a real job?!

Well, someone has to pay for all the cat food...

I am seriously jealous because I have a day job and I can't even devote enough time to write for my own website. Must change some priorities...

I noticed that Cam has been around quite a bit lately. Is he part of the main cast now? Not that I'm complaining, Cam is awesome. :)

Also for some strange reason I want that over-sized calculator, anyone know how much they go for?

I just want you guys to know that by sheer supreme irony, that episode went up the day after I ordered a Zune on clearance from Microsoft. Your comedic timing is king.

That white case really makes the whole thing next gen.

I'm sure if you asked nicely, Microsoft would have sent you a few dozen Zunes to use. Of course, now you probably have given them the idea to gut and daisy chain Zunes to use as the new hardware.

Dear Cam, you are awesome. Please appear in more LRR videos.
Love, Eru.

(Paul, Graham, Kathleen and all the others, you're already awesome, but you appear in so many videos already so I feel like I don't have to tell you about it. Unless I already did. Just now. Oh, well.)

TheBobmus:

No, Graham and Paul work full time on LRR. I am a fool and I try to balance a day job with LRR.

MowDownJoe:
I almost want to point out that their big IDE is for writing code is C#, although that is based on C++.

Yeah, I was going to bring that up (being a C# programmer), but not too big of a deal. You can even write C++ in Visual Studio. At least they got real code unlike a lot of other videos/movies that just get what they think would be code.

MowDownJoe:

The code they use in the video is indeed C++. Microsoft's IDE - Visual Studio - is mostly written in C++, although the editor and a growing number of other components is C#. Windows, Office, and IE are written in C and C++. Just for the record.

Interesting link: what languages are used to build what software.

Lady Kathleen:

TheBobmus:

No, Graham and Paul work full time on LRR. I am a fool and I try to balance a day job with LRR.

Must get rather exhausting. I don't even want to imagine how your schedule fluctuates :S

OT: The establishing shot and the rooms fit in really well. It didn't feel like you were in just any room but in a room where you could expect executives to meet and discuss what to do with Zunes. The sketch was funny and believable. VICTORY!

The code they use in the video is indeed C++. Microsoft's IDE - Visual Studio - is mostly written in C++, although the editor and a growing number of other components is C#. Windows, Office, and IE are written in C and C++. Just for the record.ibcI'm sure if you asked nicely, Microsoft would have sent you a few dozen Zunes to use. Of course, now you probably have given them the idea to gut and daisy chain Zunes to use as the new hardware.ibcbet What sorcery is this? Double ninja'd? I never would have thought that people actually browsed the Featured Content forum frequently enough to beat the content producer to the first post.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here